Windows 10: I requarantined a zip file that had a virus because the zip file itself wasnt quarantined.

Discus and support I requarantined a zip file that had a virus because the zip file itself wasnt quarantined. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; the trojan was oneeva.a!ml. I downloaded a file and windows defender told me it was a virus and automatically quarantined it.or maybe I chose the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by missingnovirus, Nov 29, 2021.

1. I requarantined a zip file that had a virus because the zip file itself wasnt quarantined.

the trojan was oneeva.a!ml. I downloaded a file and windows defender told me it was a virus and automatically quarantined it.or maybe I chose the quarantine option I don't really remember All I know is the zip file was still there so I scanned it with windows defender and tried to quarantine it again. It recognized the virus and let me quarantine it again. I tried using malwarebytes but it didnt find the infection. and while doing a scan of the computer. It asked to do something about the virus so I selected the quarantine option. It did it multiple times and said the virus was still active.

:)

missingnovirus, Nov 29, 2021
  2. GSquadron Win User

Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, Nov 29, 2021
  3. digibucc Win User
    Folders with zip files

just go to the root folder and do a search for all zip files, then select all and extract where you want.

digibucc, Nov 29, 2021
  4. I requarantined a zip file that had a virus because the zip file itself wasnt quarantined.

cant open zip files without saving first

Please do the following to attempt to repair a Zip file:

Click Start, click All Programs, and click Accessories

Right click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator

Change directories to the folder where the corrupted Zip file is located

Type: "C:\Program Files\WinZip\wzzip" -yf zipfile.zip

If the corrupted Zip file is split or spanned, use the following command instead:

"C:\Program Files\WinZip\wzzip" -yfs zipfile.zip

WZZIP will create a new Zip file with a FIXED suffix in the file name. The original Zip file will not be modified. Only the data in the original Zip file is used.

The FIXED Zip file is structurally sound but the data may still be corrupt. WZZIP does not fix the zipped data itself. If the zipped data has a CRC error or the zipped data is corrupt, then the resulting fixed Zip file will still be corrupt.

Useful resources, which might become solutions have more different information than guide above...

http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarg...p-files-after-zip-archive-corrupt-or-damaged/

luukbokhove, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

I requarantined a zip file that had a virus because the zip file itself wasnt quarantined.

1. I requarantined a zip file that had a virus because the zip file itself wasnt quarantined. - Similar Threads - requarantined zip file

2. Virus Scans for .zip files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Scans for .zip files: Does Windows scan inside of .zip files like temporarily decompresses or do I have to extract first for windows to scan file contents? And does Malwarebytes and Mcaffe? Please be very specific...
  3. Virus Scans for .zip files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus Scans for .zip files: Does Windows scan inside of .zip files like temporarily decompresses or do I have to extract first for windows to scan file contents? And does Malwarebytes and Mcaffe? Please be very specific...
  4. Virus Scans for .zip files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. zip files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    zip files: Can you delete zip files after installing fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f54ede80-32ec-4f5f-a071-bc15ef79fd15
  6. zip files

zip files: Can you delete zip files after installing fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-files/f54ede80-32ec-4f5f-a071-bc15ef79fd15
  7. zip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. I requarantined a zip file that had a virus because the zip file itself wasnt quarantined.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I requarantined a zip file that had a virus because the zip file itself wasnt quarantined.: the trojan was oneeva.a!ml. I downloaded a file and windows defender told me it was a virus and automatically quarantined it.or maybe I chose the quarantine option I don't really remember All I know is the zip file was still there so I scanned it with windows defender and...
  9. I requarantined a zip file that had a virus because the zip file itself wasnt quarantined.

I requarantined a zip file that had a virus because the zip file itself wasnt quarantined.: the trojan was oneeva.a!ml. I downloaded a file and windows defender told me it was a virus and automatically quarantined it.or maybe I chose the quarantine option I don't really remember All I know is the zip file was still there so I scanned it with windows defender and...
  10. Zipped Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zipped Files: I have been using an online map creation tool for my business using Microsoft Edge, when I save the file its saved as a Zipped file locally. If I share this file with someone else and they try to open to view it online via Internet explorer nothing happens why' s this...