Windows 10: I received ftpm nv message but this is not a new CPU, and I pressed no without reading...

Discus and support I received ftpm nv message but this is not a new CPU, and I pressed no without reading... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I received ftpm nv message but this is not a new CPU, and I pressed no without reading properly now my PC wont even boot to that screen so that I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Stressed indavidaual, May 5, 2024.

1. I received ftpm nv message but this is not a new CPU, and I pressed no without reading...

I received ftpm nv message but this is not a new CPU, and I pressed no without reading properly now my PC wont even boot to that screen so that I can press yes. what shold I do?

:)

Stressed indavidaual, May 5, 2024

2. New CPU installed. fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed on initiall start

Hello. I have the Asus X670E Hero MB and AMD 7950X. This is a newly built system. When I started the computer I got the message below. Because I am not familiar with this or whether Bitlocker or any encryption is enabled, I pressed N and then F1 and continued to the BIOS because I did not want to change anything and wanted to see if I could get to the BIOS, which I did. I understand Bitlocker has something to do with Win 10/11 but as stated I have no OS installed yet and therefore I have no Bitlocker code. I see that I can disable fTPM in Bios but don't know the affects of doing so. Can anyone help me with the next steps to ensure I can load the Win10 and not get locked out.

Thanks...Al

New CPU installed. fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed.

Methodical2, May 5, 2024
  3. New CPU installed. FTPM/PSP NV corrupted or FTPM/PSP NV structure changed

Hello everyone, i've just got this message when starting my pc today (Asus Zenbook UM535QE-XH91T)

Version 2.21.1278. Copyright (C) 2021 AMI

BIOS Date: 10/26/2021 10:25:14 Ver: IAXGKO13

New CPU installed. FTPM/PSP NV corrupted or FTPM/PSP NV structure changed...

Press N to reset fTPM, if you have BitLocker or encryption enabled,

the system will not boot without a recovery key

Press N to keep previous fTPM record and continue system boot, fTPM will NOT

enable in new cpu, ypu can swap back to the old CPU to recover TPM related keys and data.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I pressed Y and the laptop seems to be working just fine, should i be worried about this in the future? could this be related to a BSOD that i got yesterday (CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT)

Thank you

laptop Specs:

Model: Asus Zenbook Pro 15 OLED (UM535QE-XH91T)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 Ti
    RAM: 16GB

Storage: 1 TB PCIe SSD

JoaquínPolo, May 5, 2024
  4. Darky* Win User

I received ftpm nv message but this is not a new CPU, and I pressed no without reading...

New CPU installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed (NO NEW CPU INSTALLED)

Hi all,

I am having a very big problem with my PC which I bought 3 months ago. If it matters, it's an Asus Strix G15. Everything was working fine until today. Yesterday I shut down the laptop properly and today I got this weird message:

New CPU installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed.

Press Y to reset fTPM, if you have BitLocker or encryption enabled, the system will not boot without a recovery key

Press N to keep previous fTPM record and continue system boot, fTPM will NOT enable in new CPY, you can swap back to the old CPY to recover TPM related Keys and data

Needless to say, I did not install a new CPU. I have no BitLocker or encryption enabled (what is this even??) I pressed N, then got in the Windows (checked that I do not have BitLocker enabled), had to reset my pin code but then the same thing happened after I restarted the Windows.

I did a system restore and the same problem continues. Please advice, should I do, I am freaking out.

I reached out to Asus for input - at the same time, I see a lot of people simply saying I should press y??

Darky*, May 5, 2024
Thema:

I received ftpm nv message but this is not a new CPU, and I pressed no without reading...

1. I received ftpm nv message but this is not a new CPU, and I pressed no without reading... - Similar Threads - received ftpm message

2. Keyboard unresponsive during New CPU installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard unresponsive during New CPU installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV...: This is a new build everything inside is brand new. I'm having this message upon the first boot: "New CPU installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed". This is normal but my keyboard is unresponsive so no matter what I press nothing happens. I've had...
  3. I received ftpm nv message but this is not a new CPU, and I pressed no without reading...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I received ftpm nv message but this is not a new CPU, and I pressed no without reading...: I received ftpm nv message but this is not a new CPU, and I pressed no without reading properly now my PC wont even boot to that screen so that I can press yes. what shold I do?...
  4. New CPU installed. FTPM/PSP NV corrupted or FTPM/PSP NV structure changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New CPU installed. FTPM/PSP NV corrupted or FTPM/PSP NV structure changed: Hello everyone, i've just got this message when starting my pc today Asus Zenbook UM535QE-XH91TVersion 2.21.1278. Copyright C 2021 AMIBIOS Date: 10/26/2021 10:25:14 Ver: IAXGKO13New CPU installed. FTPM/PSP NV corrupted or FTPM/PSP NV structure changed...Press N to reset fTPM,...
  5. New CPU installed. FTPM/PSP NV corrupted or FTPM/PSP NV structure changed

New CPU installed. FTPM/PSP NV corrupted or FTPM/PSP NV structure changed: Hello everyone, i've just got this message when starting my pc today Asus Zenbook UM535QE-XH91TVersion 2.21.1278. Copyright C 2021 AMIBIOS Date: 10/26/2021 10:25:14 Ver: IAXGKO13New CPU installed. FTPM/PSP NV corrupted or FTPM/PSP NV structure changed...Press N to reset fTPM,...
  6. New CPU installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed NO NEW CPU INSTALLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New CPU installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed NO NEW CPU INSTALLED: Hi all,I am having a very big problem with my PC which I bought 3 months ago. If it matters, it's an Asus Strix G15. Everything was working fine until today. Yesterday I shut down the laptop properly and today I got this weird message:New CPU installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted...
  7. New CPU installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed NO NEW CPU INSTALLED

New CPU installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed NO NEW CPU INSTALLED: Hi all,I am having a very big problem with my PC which I bought 3 months ago. If it matters, it's an Asus Strix G15. Everything was working fine until today. Yesterday I shut down the laptop properly and today I got this weird message:New CPU installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted...
  8. New CPU installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed NO NEW CPU INSTALLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed. Press Y to reset fTPM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed. Press Y to reset fTPM: Hello communityThis error that occurs on an irregular basis maybe once a month on average: "fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed. Press Y to reset fTPM"This is very annoying because it takes several tries for the BIOS to understand when I press 'Y' so I need...
  10. fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed. Press Y to reset fTPM

fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed. Press Y to reset fTPM: Hello communityThis error that occurs on an irregular basis maybe once a month on average: "fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV structure changed. Press Y to reset fTPM"This is very annoying because it takes several tries for the BIOS to understand when I press 'Y' so I need...