Windows 10: I purchase a new lenovo laptops few day before when add fingerprint on security then show...

Discus and support I purchase a new lenovo laptops few day before when add fingerprint on security then show... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Lenovo ideapad slim 3 i7 13 gen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ribhav yadav, Oct 6, 2024 at 12:02 AM.

1. I purchase a new lenovo laptops few day before when add fingerprint on security then show...

Lenovo ideapad slim 3 i7 13 gen

:)

ribhav yadav, Oct 6, 2024 at 12:02 AM
  2. Jessen P Win User

Fingerprint scaner does not work as expected in Lenovo laptop

Hi Robert,

What is the model of the Lenovo laptop wherein the fingerprint scanner does not work?

Since the issue involves working of the fingerprint scanner which came inbuilt with the Lenovo laptop, I would request you to contact the laptop manufacturer.

In the meanwhile you can execute the Hardware and devices troubleshooter and then check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Please revert if you face any issues with the fingerprint scanner.

3. EdTittel Win User
    Lenovo X380 Fingerprint reader showing "disconnected": any fixes?

Here's my situation. I've got a Lenovo X380 Yoga with a built-in fingerprint reader. After recent Windows updates, the fingerprint reader disappeared. After digging into DevMgr, I find that this Biometric device is only viewable when I click the "Show hidden devices" option, and it shows the following status when I do that:

I purchase a new lenovo laptops few day before when add fingerprint on security then show... 234179d1558190753t-lenovo-x380-fingerprint-reader-showing-disconnected-any-fixes-image.png

I've tried updating/reinstalling the drivers (and the Intel SGX device that bridges from the peripherals bus to the system circuitry apparently) and the status remains disconnected. I have not even moved the machine around much since I got it about six weeks ago. I'm inclined to believe that the fingerprint reader has failed. Can anyone offer an alternate diagnosis or a different repair strategy?

TIA for your input and suggestions.

--Ed--

PS: the unit is under warranty and I can ship it back to Lenovo for repair and diagnosis for the cost of shipment. Curiously that's about the same cost as that for purchasing a new replacement fingerprint reader. I'm wondering further if I shouldn't just order a replacement and do the repair myself. Thoughts?

4. I purchase a new lenovo laptops few day before when add fingerprint on security then show...

Win 10 , Lenovo E580 ThinkPad, Fingerprint has stopped working, can not set new

Let's try Uninstall the Fingerprint Manager and Re-enroll the Fingerprints.

To uninstall the Lenovo Fingerprint Manager Pro or Lenovo Fingerprint Manager, and then re-enroll your fingerprints. Follow the steps below:

Step 1. Open the Control Panel and find Programs.

Step 2. Click Uninstall a program under the Programs.

Step 3. Find Lenovo Fingerprint Manager Pro or Lenovo Fingerprint Manager in the program list, and then right click it to uninstall it.

Install Synaptics Fingerprint Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ThinkPad E480, E580 from official Lenovo support site:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS50...

Restart your device and follow this steps to configure your fingerprint:

Step 1. Click the Start button to open the Settings.

Step 2. Select Accounts in the Settings.

Step 3. Choose "Sign-in options" on the left. Scroll to Windows Hello and click Set Up in the Fingerprint section.

Step 4. Click Get started in the Windows Hello setup.

Step 5. Enter your PIN.

Step 6. Put one of your fingers on the fingerprint reader to scan it.

Step 7. Choose Add Another if you want to repeat the process with another finger, or you can choose to close the program.

Let me know how was.

AngelCarreno, Oct 6, 2024 at 12:09 AM
Thema:

I purchase a new lenovo laptops few day before when add fingerprint on security then show...

1. I purchase a new lenovo laptops few day before when add fingerprint on security then show... - Similar Threads - purchase lenovo laptops

2. I purchase a new lenovo laptops few day before when add fingerprint on security then show...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchase a new lenovo laptops few day before when add fingerprint on security then show...: Lenovo ideapad slim 3 i7 13 gen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-purchase-a-new-lenovo-laptops-few-day-before/8988e3dc-acb3-4d7b-88f3-ca8292be9e6b
  3. Touchpad disappeared in a brand new laptop after using it for few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad disappeared in a brand new laptop after using it for few days: Hi team,I got a new Surface Laptop 5, which was working absolutely fine. I used my laptop for 3 days. Last time it was normal, I closed it, next morning the touchpad wasn't working. It disappeared completely from the Devices list.I tried to shut down, then Update and Restart,...
  4. How much performance or security HP manufacturer apps that come with new purchase add when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How much performance or security HP manufacturer apps that come with new purchase add when...: My Mom bought HP laptop with 8GB Ram but strangely Windows 11 is utilising above 75% Memory after restart and idling. Memory utilisation come from manufacturer apps which are meant to help end user who are not computer literate but there’s performance issues already before we...
  5. How much performance or security HP manufacturer apps that come with new purchase add when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How much performance or security HP manufacturer apps that come with new purchase add when...: My Mom bought HP laptop with 8GB Ram but strangely Windows 11 is utilising above 75% Memory after restart and idling. Memory utilisation come from manufacturer apps which are meant to help end user who are not computer literate but there’s performance issues already before we...
  6. Lenovo laptop slower than before

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo laptop slower than before: Hello My problem is that i bought this Lenovo IdeaPad 330 laptop, it was running very smoothly and was very fast for maybe 2-4months, i could play league with 180 fps with high settings, now when i turn off vertical sync, my screen is tearing and fps is just constatly...
  7. Battery report showing absurd value for a new laptop purchased 3 days ago

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery report showing absurd value for a new laptop purchased 3 days ago: I am getting below values for a new laptop charged 2-3 times in last 4 days. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Why am I getting these values for a new laptop. Is it normal or Windows 10 fault. Also some times battery notification it shows 89% - 4 hrs and then 82% -2 hours. I...
  8. Lenovo Fingerprint?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Fingerprint?: I have been using my Lenovo E590 for several months now. I can no longer use the fingerprint. I've been looking for solutions everywhere. But all of them are useless. Can you help me? I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF HELP! WITH A GOOD ANSWER I MARK AS MOST HELPFUL. Lenovo...
  9. I just purchased a Lenovo and my Windows Hello Fingerprint isn't working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I just purchased a Lenovo and my Windows Hello Fingerprint isn't working: I just purchased a new Ideapad S540 Lenovo 10th gen, and I'm not able to add a fingerprint sign-in. The below screen pops up when I click on it. I appreciate the support. [ATTACH]...
  10. My new laptop is lagging since the day of Purchase

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My new laptop is lagging since the day of Purchase: I've brought an HP Notebook - 15-bs662tu with windows 10 pre-installed 5 months ago. Since the day of purchase, it's lagging. I've registered a complaint at HP's end but according to them, the hardware is running fine and I might need to reinstall Win 10 in it for which they...