Windows 10: I need some help with calibrating the contrast of my screen and gamma color profiles, the...

Discus and support I need some help with calibrating the contrast of my screen and gamma color profiles, the... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have a question about calibrating the contrast of the screen or the color profile gamma. The darkest parts of the videos are completely lost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nicole Beuses Vielma, Jun 6, 2024.

1. I need some help with calibrating the contrast of my screen and gamma color profiles, the...

Hello, I have a question about calibrating the contrast of the screen or the color profile gamma. The darkest parts of the videos are completely lost on my Laptop. It's a Dell Vostro 3530, Windows 11. When I go to calibrate the display within the built-in 'Display Calibration' I get a notice that says "This display is using a broad gamma color profile. The display color calibration will create a color profile with a conventional gamma, which may be an inappropriate setting for this screen and result in a distorted color appearance. Do you want to continue anyway? I click the “Yes” option and c

:)

Nicole Beuses Vielma, Jun 6, 2024
  2. EM_054 Win User

Cannot adjust contrast when calibrating colors

I would like to calibrate the colors of my screen. I'm going to the "display color calibration" window, set gamma, brightness etc successfully, and then it's time to set my screen contrast (which by default is waaay off and hurting my eyes). And there it is: "Using the contrast control on your display...". Like dude, I have a laptop, there is no contrast control on my display. Is there an alternative? My eyes are hurting, help!

EM_054, Jun 6, 2024
  3. GregH Win User
    Windows color calibration tool and resetting calibration

I went and ran the built in color calibration tool in Windows 10 to adjust gamma, brightness, contrast etc but I want to restore this back to what it was before I ran this calibration tool. How do I do that? There does not seem to be an obvious "Restore Default" button anywhere.

Do I simply delete / remove the Profile listed in the box under Start-Settings-Colour Management and maybe untick the box "Use my settings for this device"?

Thanks.

GregH, Jun 6, 2024
  4. galois Win User

I need some help with calibrating the contrast of my screen and gamma color profiles, the...

Gamma always too high during Windows 10 color calibration

I'm using a TV monitor (an old memorex MLT1931, 19", if it matters) as a second monitor. I am using it with the same resolution as my other monitor (1920x1080), and its native resolution is 1280x720. Some of the colors are off, and my radeon advanced settings didn't seem to do much, and now I'm just doing the normal Windows 10 color calibration.

The issue I'm running into is that during the "adjust gamma" step, no matter how high or low the slider is, the image to the right of the slider always look like the "gamma too high" example, with a darker dot in the middle (like in this photo). The rest of the screen gets brighter/darker, but the dots stay the same.

When I switch the calibration window to my good monitor, the gamma is fine and I can see the dots adjust from bright to dark as I move the slider.

Any ideas why?

galois, Jun 6, 2024
Thema:

I need some help with calibrating the contrast of my screen and gamma color profiles, the...

1. I need some help with calibrating the contrast of my screen and gamma color profiles, the... - Similar Threads - need help calibrating

2. I need some help with calibrating the contrast of my screen and gamma color profiles, the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need some help with calibrating the contrast of my screen and gamma color profiles, the...: Hello, I have a question about calibrating the contrast of the screen or the color profile gamma. The darkest parts of the videos are completely lost on my Laptop. It's a Dell Vostro 3530, Windows 11. When I go to calibrate the display within the built-in 'Display...
  3. Cannot adjust contrast when calibrating colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot adjust contrast when calibrating colors: I would like to calibrate the colors of my screen. I'm going to the "display color calibration" window, set gamma, brightness etc successfully, and then it's time to set my screen contrast which by default is waaay off and hurting my eyes. And there it is: "Using the contrast...
  4. Cannot adjust contrast when calibrating colors

Cannot adjust contrast when calibrating colors: I would like to calibrate the colors of my screen. I'm going to the "display color calibration" window, set gamma, brightness etc successfully, and then it's time to set my screen contrast which by default is waaay off and hurting my eyes. And there it is: "Using the contrast...
  5. Need help fixing gamma

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help fixing gamma: so I was messing with my gamma on my laptop to see if i could get it to look nicer, but it only made it look worse and I want to set it back to default, how? submitted by /u/TheCrocodilian_ [link] [comments]...
  6. Calibrate screen color

Calibrate screen color: Hi, The "Calibrate screen color" app doesn't open, any solution? Thanks 170587
  7. I need help fixing the gamma

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help fixing the gamma: So, I recently upgraded to a MSI GTX 1050 ti 4GB. I started using HDMI and noticed that the small letters or icons were a little fuzzy/blurry. I searched on YouTube and found a video calibrating the colors. For some reason I can never get the Gamma to a good level. It always...
  8. Gamma Calibration issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gamma Calibration issue: Hey, I'm trying to change my gamma settings for Rust. And I use the windows "Calibrate Display Color" feature and I change my gamma, but the moment it changes, it immediately resets back to default settings. My Graphics driver is AMD Radeon. And my computer is a HP Pavilion,...
  9. Color Calibration and gamma settings keep resetting !!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color Calibration and gamma settings keep resetting !!!: I have to continuously run color calibration because I notice my email and other web pages are being washed out in white......I lower the gamma settings as low as they will go and it gets better, but then resets from sleep or after reboot or just randomly. I tried saving...
  10. Calibrated color profile flick between original & calibrated profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Calibrated color profile flick between original & calibrated profile: Hi, I have calibrated my Dell XPS 9560 with Xrite i1 Display Pro. I have successfully applied the color profile. Made it the system by ticking the Color Management->Change System Defaults-> Advanced Settings->Use Windows display calibration. When I click a quick setting...