Windows 10: i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator

Discus and support i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently factory reset my pc but I no longer have access to my D drive and most of the files in it. whenever I try to do something it says that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aaron James Aranez, Apr 11, 2023.

1. i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator

I recently factory reset my pc but I no longer have access to my D drive and most of the files in it. whenever I try to do something it says that the administrator has blocked the files. If anyone knows what's going on could you please tell me what it is and how to fix it as Im not the greatest at googling and I don't know much about computers in general.

:)

Aaron James Aranez, Apr 11, 2023
  2. Ro I Win User

Netplwz did not remove phantom account. Please help!

I had to create a phantom account when I had to reinstall windows on a new laptop, but now I can't get rid of it. I ran netplwiz as recommended by others to remove the phantom account.. It removed the account from the other user list, but every time I restart the computer the phantom account is back. Is there something else I should do?

This is frustrating and worrisome. Please help.

3. W10 phantom user account...how do I get rid of it

Please open the Command Prompt by typing cmd.exe into Start Menu, right-click on Cmd.exe, and open it as an administrator.

Execute following command to find out if it list "phantom" account:

Code:
    Execute following command to delete "phantom" user account:

Code:

FreeBooter, Apr 11, 2023
  4. Helmut Win User

i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator

Phantom router on network

Phantom devices has been going on since Windows 8.1
    Don't worry about them, I get a varying selection of neighbours phones, printers, smart TVs etc. They are not connecting, as you have noted no IP address.

"Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?"

My Netgear Modem/Router/WAP does just that. Just look in Advanced Tab > Administration > Attached Devices. It lists wired, wireless 2.4G and 5G Devices.

Helmut, Apr 11, 2023
Thema:

i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator

1. i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator - Similar Threads - need help getting

2. I need help getting rid of a malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help getting rid of a malware: I randomly heard sounds without a single window open, soon realized that a google chrome window was playing a random YouTube video. Every time I started the computer a Google Chrome window would pop up, open YouTube and disappear.I managed to close them in the Task Manager...
  3. I need help getting rid of a virus.

I need help getting rid of a virus.: So I did a scan with windows defender and it came up with this Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.H!ml and when I try and remove it, it gone so I scan again and pops right back up again, and then there is this it Microsoft Defender, No new threats were found but current threats are still...
  4. I need help getting rid of gosearches.gg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help getting rid of gosearches.gg: can anybody help me get rid of this gosearches.gg thing? I've read about it, and I already know it's a fake searcher and i don't know how to get rid of it I've tried using malware bytes but there seems to be nothing working can somebody please help me. here is an image and I...
  5. I need help getting rid of gosearches.gg

I need help getting rid of gosearches.gg: can anybody help me get rid of this gosearches.gg thing? I've read about it, and I already know it's a fake searcher and i don't know how to get rid of it I've tried using malware bytes but there seems to be nothing working can somebody please help me. here is an image and I...
  6. Get rid of phantom user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get rid of phantom user?: According to all of the This PC folders there is a phantom user on my computer. Every folder there says it's deejh that is the user. However, I went into Command Prompt as an administrator and this is what it says are the users on my Lenovo:As you can see, there as no user...
  7. Get rid of phantom user?

Get rid of phantom user?: According to all of the This PC folders there is a phantom user on my computer. Every folder there says it's deejh that is the user. However, I went into Command Prompt as an administrator and this is what it says are the users on my Lenovo:As you can see, there as no user...
  8. i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator: I recently factory reset my pc but I no longer have access to my D drive and most of the files in it. whenever I try to do something it says that the administrator has blocked the files. When I check for other users it says there are no there users on the PC. If anyone knows...
  9. i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator

i need help with getting rid of a phantom administrator: I recently factory reset my pc but I no longer have access to my D drive and most of the files in it. whenever I try to do something it says that the administrator has blocked the files. When I check for other users it says there are no there users on the PC. If anyone knows...
  10. Need "Help" getting rid of this . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need "Help" getting rid of this . . .: My computer is a Dell laptop, running Windows 10.In the past, when I've had problems.Dell would connect to my computer, and take a look.But this problem happens, prior to the computer running?When I turn my, computer on. The first thing, that happens.A blue screen, with two...