Windows 10: I need help with getting my head set to work

Discus and support I need help with getting my head set to work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I plug in my wired headset Realtek HD Audio manager opens and only gives me the option of line in, mic in, and headphone if I pick mic in I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Carson Byrd, Sep 28, 2024 at 10:52 AM.

1. I need help with getting my head set to work

When I plug in my wired headset Realtek HD Audio manager opens and only gives me the option of line in, mic in, and headphone if I pick mic in I can't hear anything if I pick headphone I can't use my mic I really need help with this I have my drivers up to date and every thing.

:)

2. my head phone mic is not working in window 10

Hello Jaxon,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that your headphone mic is not working in Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query.

This issue might be occurring because the microphone might not be set as a default device or there might be any error in settings also. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Recording Audio troubleshooter

The built-in recording audio troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with headphone or microphone. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any
    issue with the microphone. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the
              view all option on the left pane

• Click on Recoding Audio troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Recording Audio troubleshooter do not fix the
    issue then I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps to set the microphone as a default device:

• Right click on the “Sound icon” on the bottom right of the desktop screen

• Click on “Sounds”, click on “Recording

• Right click on “Microphone” and then click on “Set as default device

• Click on “Apply” and then “OK

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

3. Ernie San Win User
    why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

4. Johan45 Win User

I need help with getting my head set to work

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Thema:

I need help with getting my head set to work

1. I need help with getting my head set to work - Similar Threads - need help getting

2. I need help with getting my head set to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with getting my head set to work: When I plug in my wired headset Realtek HD Audio manager opens and only gives me the option of line in, mic in, and headphone if I pick mic in I can't hear anything if I pick headphone I can't use my mic I really need help with this I have my drivers up to date and every...
  3. I need help getting this computer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help getting this computer working: Hello I have this WindowsXP laptop and I want to get it to work again I forgot the password. I remember that I accidentally set a password for the administrator account and I forgot what that was to so I cant use safe mode to reset the password. I don't mind doing a wipe of...
  4. I need help getting this computer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help getting this computer working: Hello I have this WindowsXP laptop and I want to get it to work again I forgot the password. I remember that I accidentally set a password for the administrator account and I forgot what that was to so I cant use safe mode to reset the password. I don't mind doing a wipe of...
  5. I need help with my wifi settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my wifi settings.: I have a wifi adapter in my computer for now , it’s an old one and only runs the 2.4ghz wifi. I don’t know too much about networks just from what i’ve read trying to connect this adapter and fix it. It keeps going up and down the connect and then when it gets so low it just...
  6. I need help with my wifi settings.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need help with my wifi settings.: I have a wifi adapter in my computer for now , it’s an old one and only runs the 2.4ghz wifi. I don’t know too much about networks just from what i’ve read trying to connect this adapter and fix it. It keeps going up and down the connect and then when it gets so low it just...
  7. Need help with my head set mic.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with my head set mic.: So, I recently bought a new laptop with a headphone port and I had purchased a headset with a mic on it that has 1 port. It doesn't seem to work. I tried uninstalling realtek, and everything. I do not have the option of selecting the microphone....
  8. Tried everything to get mic working with head set. Can anyone help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried everything to get mic working with head set. Can anyone help.: Hi all. I built my first gamer pc and it's all working great apart from the my headset mic. I have looked through Google multiple times and tried to fix it. I have also watched YouTube videos but still can't get it sorted. Basically I have a headset with mic. I can hear...
  9. Head set is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Head set is not working: I have connected philips SHE1525BK/94 model. But not getting sound from my headset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/head-set-is-not-working/43dbd67c-c055-4e18-b124-c35556d33b77
  10. Need help getting my microphone to work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help getting my microphone to work: I have tried everything to get my desktop microphone to work, but I need help because I have tried everything in Windows settings and sound adjustments but I don't know how to test if microphone is bad or input device it bad. I have a Dell 2720 computer but microphone not...