Windows 10: I need a solution, patch or workaround to be able to use the cellular data on my laptop for...

Discus and support I need a solution, patch or workaround to be able to use the cellular data on my laptop for... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I either need a way to add program access to the lists or to disable the restriction entirely. I have unlimited data so i am not concerned with how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ducatislave, Aug 26, 2024.

1. I need a solution, patch or workaround to be able to use the cellular data on my laptop for...

I either need a way to add program access to the lists or to disable the restriction entirely. I have unlimited data so i am not concerned with how much data is used. The computer is a GETAC B300 G6 running a Sierra mc7355 Wwan module if that matters. Getac whose customer support is awesome btw says it is a Win 11 issue. I can browse the internet with any browser edge, chrome, opera etc... but I have several programs that require an internet connection to verify credentials and update status or they will not boot up and they are not available through the Microsoft store or winget. And NO i

:)

Ducatislave, Aug 26, 2024
  2. Vineet_K Win User

Cellular data network missing on laptop

Hi,​

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues related to cellular data network

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the make and model number of your laptop?
    • As said that when battery is plugged out, the cellular data option disappears even without turning off laptop, so does that mean that if battery is physically removed from back of laptop, laptop keeps running?
    • Do you want to use cellular data on low battery or without a laptop battery?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Please provide more information regarding the issue.

For some information:

Cellular settings in Windows (microsoft.com)

Use an eSIM to get a cellular data connection on your Windows PC (microsoft.com)

We await for your reply

Vineet Kumar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Vineet_K, Aug 26, 2024
  3. Cellular

Hello,

We understand that you want to access the internet using your cellular connection. To do so, you should have a data plan from a mobile operator. Refer to this article on how to access the

cellular settings in Windows 10.

Since the Cellular option is not showing under the Network & Internet settings, you can run the Network troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. This will help diagnose and resolve common connection issues. Here's
    how:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if you will be able to see
      Cellular
      option under the Network and Internet settings.

Feel free to let us know on how it goes for you. We'll be more than happy to assist further.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 26, 2024
  4. Eric Ber Win User

I need a solution, patch or workaround to be able to use the cellular data on my laptop for...

Cellular/SIM connection not available/disappearing

Hi,

A faulty cellular adapter is one of the possible reasons why the cellular connection is disappearing from the laptop. A disabled adapter in the Network Connections Settings can also be the cause of this issue. We suggest you to enable the cellular connection
    in the Network Connections settings. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type View Network Connections.
    • Press the Enter key.
    • Right-click on the cellular adapter and click Enable.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Aug 26, 2024
Thema:

I need a solution, patch or workaround to be able to use the cellular data on my laptop for...

1. I need a solution, patch or workaround to be able to use the cellular data on my laptop for... - Similar Threads - need solution patch

2. I need a solution, patch or workaround to be able to use the cellular data on my laptop for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need a solution, patch or workaround to be able to use the cellular data on my laptop for...: I either need a way to add program access to the lists or to disable the restriction entirely. I have unlimited data so i am not concerned with how much data is used. The computer is a GETAC B300 G6 running a Sierra mc7355 Wwan module if that matters. Getac whose customer...
  3. I don't have a cellular data on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have a cellular data on my pc: I have a hp elitebook 840 g5 and have plugged in my Sim card.Ive updated to Windows 11 and cannot find the Cellular option.I tried to install many drivers but it doesn't work.Please can you advise how i can find the Cellular option....
  4. I don't have a cellular data on my pc

I don't have a cellular data on my pc: I have a hp elitebook 840 g5 and have plugged in my Sim card.Ive updated to Windows 11 and cannot find the Cellular option.I tried to install many drivers but it doesn't work.Please can you advise how i can find the Cellular option....
  5. After updating to wondow 11 i was not able to use sim card on my laptop cellular setting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating to wondow 11 i was not able to use sim card on my laptop cellular setting...: After updating to window 11 i was not able to use sim card on my laptop cellular setting was missed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-updating-to-wondow-11-i-was-not-able-to-use/03bc4345-26f8-46e1-af79-6f251650a151
  6. After updating to wondow 11 i was not able to use sim card on my laptop cellular setting...

After updating to wondow 11 i was not able to use sim card on my laptop cellular setting...: After updating to window 11 i was not able to use sim card on my laptop cellular setting was missed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-updating-to-wondow-11-i-was-not-able-to-use/03bc4345-26f8-46e1-af79-6f251650a151
  7. Undo Workaround After Follina Patch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undo Workaround After Follina Patch: Hello everyone,Would anyone be able to confirm if the registry key for the MSDT URL protocol needs to be restored after installing the security updates for June? I have not been able to find much support for this.Thank you,Techie...
  8. Undo Workaround After Follina Patch

Undo Workaround After Follina Patch: Hello everyone,Would anyone be able to confirm if the registry key for the MSDT URL protocol needs to be restored after installing the security updates for June? I have not been able to find much support for this.Thank you,Techie...
  9. I am not able to enable the cellular option on my window 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am not able to enable the cellular option on my window 10 laptop: Hello All, I am wireless engineer working with cellular devices, I am trying to enable the cellular device and use the data from the device but If I click on cellular I don't see anything happening. [ATTACH] When I go through the settings, I see that [ATTACH] I need...
  10. Using cellular data in my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using cellular data in my laptop: Hi, My laptop came with a sim card slot but when i place it as required my laptop is even running it. Futhermore I did such for cellular connection in my settings as instructed but it is not available on my computer. Help me please!...