Windows 10: i need a product key to activate my windows 7

Discus and support i need a product key to activate my windows 7 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i need a product key to activate my windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Diegothirteen, Jan 2, 2023.

1. i need a product key to activate my windows 7

i need a product key to activate my windows 7

:)

Diegothirteen, Jan 2, 2023

2. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Jan 2, 2023
  3. How to activate Windows 10 with Windows 7 Product Key.

Hi Mohamad,

A Product Key is a unique identification for PC. Each Windows versions of Windows has a different Product key. Hence, if you try to install Windows 10 with Windows 7 Product key then you will not to be able to activate Windows 10 operating
    system.

To Install Windows 10 using Windows 7 Product key, please follow the below steps:

Step 1: Install the Windows 7 with the same Product key which have you.

Note: The Boot Camp will allow the installation for Windows 7.

Step 2: if there is any problem with activation he can do a phone activation.

Please refer the below link which will help you in activation:

Product activation for Windows – online & support telephone numbers - Microsoft Support

Step 3: Once the Windows 7 is activated, check for the Windows 10 upgrade. Once it is available then we would request you to upgrade it.

You can also refer the following steps suggested from Andre Da Costa replied on January 10, 2016 to install Windows 10.

Redirecting

You can also refer the link for Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp:

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204990

We expect the above information is helpful, please write back to us if there are any issues with windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

RiyazurRehman, Jan 2, 2023
  4. newtekie1 Win User

activate windows 7 oem key

There is no difference between the OEM disc and the Retail disc with Windows 7. A retail disc will accept a OEM or Retail key, and vise versa.

If the OEM Key wasn't going to work with the disc you have, it would have stopped you during the install when it first asked you for the key, not during activation.

What is likely the problem is that, since the OEM version has already been activated once, it is failing activation again. Activate it over the phone using the option given to you on the failed activation screen, and you shouldn't have a problem activating it.

newtekie1, Jan 2, 2023
Thema:

1. i need a product key to activate my windows 7 - Similar Threads - need product key

2. now i need to activate my windows, but they need to input product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    now i need to activate my windows, but they need to input product key: Split from this thread. i need windows 8.1 serial key to activate my windowsDid you ever buy Windows 8.1, or did it come preinstalled on your Computer years ago?i am not sure, because i have bought this PC since 11 years ago at my last friend,and i did not found my DVD to...
  3. now i need to activate my windows, but they need to input product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    now i need to activate my windows, but they need to input product key: Split from this thread. i need windows 8.1 serial key to activate my windowsDid you ever buy Windows 8.1, or did it come preinstalled on your Computer years ago?i am not sure, because i have bought this PC since 11 years ago at my last friend,and i did not found my DVD to...
  4. I need help activating Windows 7 Ultimate without a product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help activating Windows 7 Ultimate without a product key: I had to change out the HDD on a Dell DT 7010 running Windows 7 Ultimate. I have the old product key but Microsoft says I need to buy a new one! Do I have any options for this?Thanks, PenthousePauper...
  5. I need help activating Windows 7 Ultimate without a product key

I need help activating Windows 7 Ultimate without a product key: I had to change out the HDD on a Dell DT 7010 running Windows 7 Ultimate. I have the old product key but Microsoft says I need to buy a new one! Do I have any options for this?Thanks, PenthousePauper...
  6. i need a product key to activate my windows 7

i need a product key to activate my windows 7: i need a product key to activate my windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-product-key-to-activate-my-windows-7/bfd71dcb-00aa-450e-a4a8-8ff2e3a75b6a
  7. i need a windows 7 pro product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need a windows 7 pro product key: sir i am kumar. i need a windows 7 pro product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-windows-7-pro-product-key/0765b392-c5a3-4624-a9e6-0c12adbc9b5e
  8. i need a windows 7 pro product key

i need a windows 7 pro product key: sir i am kumar. i need a windows 7 pro product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-windows-7-pro-product-key/0765b392-c5a3-4624-a9e6-0c12adbc9b5e
  9. i need product key of this for activation of my windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i need product key of this for activation of my windows 10: i need activation key[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-product-key-of-this-for-activation-of-my/314a7ff0-7d0a-4210-9b28-e4ca15bf4be0"
  10. Can I use my 7 product key to activate?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use my 7 product key to activate?: Hey guys. I uninstalled the GWX update a couple of weeks back (icon was annoying me lol don't ask) I reinstalled the update today with 10 being released & the GWX app wouldn't work at all, no icon, nothing. Instead I have just upgraded by using their media creation tool...