Windows 10: I moved country and cannot connect to local wifi

Discus and support I moved country and cannot connect to local wifi in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I moved to Japan from Ireland and my new Japanese wifi is not working on my Irish, Dell laptop with Windows 11. The wifi says “No internet, secured”... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Austin Jacob-Power, Oct 7, 2024 at 12:47 AM.

1. I moved country and cannot connect to local wifi

I moved to Japan from Ireland and my new Japanese wifi is not working on my Irish, Dell laptop with Windows 11. The wifi says “No internet, secured” when I try to connect. There is a red box above wifi saying the device can only access other devices on my local network I tried using my iPhone hotspot to connect to the internet on my laptop and that did not work either. When I troubleshoot the network settings it says there is a problem with DNS. The wifi works on my phone but not my laptop.

:)

Austin Jacob-Power, Oct 7, 2024 at 12:47 AM
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

4. simrick Win User

I moved country and cannot connect to local wifi

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

Thema:

I moved country and cannot connect to local wifi

1. I moved country and cannot connect to local wifi - Similar Threads - moved country cannot

2. I moved country and cannot connect to local wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I moved country and cannot connect to local wifi: I moved to Japan from Ireland and my new Japanese wifi is not working on my Irish, Dell laptop with Windows 11. The wifi says “No internet, secured” when I try to connect. There is a red box above wifi saying the device can only access other devices on my local network I...
  3. Cannot connect to Wifi

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot connect to Wifi: I have a many Windows 10 machines in the network which all connect to the same Wi-Fi network. However, I have one Windows 10 device which cannot connect to the same network all the other devices can connect to. I try to manually configure the network or use the autoconnect...
  4. Connecting to wifi in different country

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to wifi in different country: My daughter traveled to France from US and her windows 10 laptop won't connect to her apt. wifi. She puts in password and then it says cannot connect. Her roommates MacBook connected with no issues. Is there something she has to change in her settings?...
  5. Cannot connect to Wifi

Cannot connect to Wifi: I have done everything, run most commands, reset my pc thrice, uninstall windows update, but nothing works. Wifi shows available network but refuses to connect Windows 10 2004. 'Can't connect to this network'. This started happening randomly today. I have checked the WLAN...
  6. How to connect to local WiFi?

How to connect to local WiFi?: I have 2 desktops running Windows 10, one a 32-bit the other a 64-bit. Unlike the 32-bit, the 64-bit settings/network&internet/Wireless Network Connection will not let me see/add a local wireless connection the 32-bit does let me do this. Can somebody walk me through...
  7. Cannot Connect to wifi

Cannot Connect to wifi: I have an HP Pavilion x360 and when I troubleshoot the wifi I get the message the intelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems how do I fix this?...
  8. Desktop cannot connect to wifi after moving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop cannot connect to wifi after moving: Hello guys! I recently moved my gaming desktop computer to a new house, which also means connecting to a new wifi network, except I can't figure out how to do this. Here are the details: The desktop is a CyberPower PC and it uses Windows 10 (this should be pretty obvious...
  9. No Internet Connections, No Local WiFi

No Internet Connections, No Local WiFi: I had an open thread which I have now abandoned, as it had become too confused due to my complete lack of knowledge about what the problems really were and how to solve them. Now that I have at least a somewhat improved knowledge of what does work and does not, herewith that...
  10. Cannot connect to wifi

Cannot connect to wifi: I cannot connect to wifi my hotspot comes up n when I connect it asked for a network security number and does that for every network i try to connect to. I troubleshoot and it says I have no preferred wireless networks. Plz help...