Windows 10: I just bought a z-edge 4k monitor and am having the problem with 4k

Discus and support I just bought a z-edge 4k monitor and am having the problem with 4k in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have the problem of not being able to set resolution to 4k on my Windows 11 server. I also have a Windows 7 computer connected to the monitor and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shawn Oneal, Sep 30, 2024 at 3:57 AM.

1. I just bought a z-edge 4k monitor and am having the problem with 4k

I have the problem of not being able to set resolution to 4k on my Windows 11 server. I also have a Windows 7 computer connected to the monitor and it set to nearly 4k. Video card on that pc would not support full 4k resolution. I have rebooted the pc but it still only shows 1080 as the highest resolution. It is odd to me that a nearly 20 year old pc would support the 4k resolution in Windows xp but a brand new pc with Win11 on it doesn't.

:)

2. oliver787 Win User

4k monitor not giong to 4k

i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is definitely not the HDMI as it worked with the Xbox, it doesn't seem like a problem with the monitor (this monitor came shipped with a defect on the screen, a line of faulty pixels) so everything points at it being my pc however it worked with my old 4k monitor.

3. chofack Win User
    4K Monitor Loses 4K Option

Last night (11 Dec 2015) there was a Windows 10 update (I am running Windows 10 Pro). This morning my 4k monitor (ASUS PB287Q) was showing up as 1080p, and Settings does not recognize that this is a 4K monitor. The 4K resolution simply does not show up as
    an option. Nor does the graphics card (NVIDIA GeForece GT 370) recognize that it is 4K.

Why would Microsoft mess with any of that? I find this really troubling. Do I reinstall a driver for the monitor? They don't have a driver specifically for Windows 10, just Windows 8.

Chas

4. oliver787 Win User

I just bought a z-edge 4k monitor and am having the problem with 4k

4k monitor not giong to 4k

Thanks I’ll try getting the drivers, my monitor is a innocn 27” 4k-27C1U-D.

Thema:

I just bought a z-edge 4k monitor and am having the problem with 4k

1. I just bought a z-edge 4k monitor and am having the problem with 4k - Similar Threads - bought edge monitor

2. I just bought a z-edge 4k monitor and am having the problem with 4k

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just bought a z-edge 4k monitor and am having the problem with 4k: I have the problem of not being able to set resolution to 4k on my Windows 11 server. I also have a Windows 7 computer connected to the monitor and it set to nearly 4k. Video card on that pc would not support full 4k resolution. I have rebooted the pc but it still only shows...
  3. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  4. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4k monitor not giong to 4k: i just got a 4k monitor for Christmas and on settings there is no option above 1440p. i have plugged the monitor into an Xbox that can run 4k and it worked. So now it seems like an error with m pc however my old monitor was 4k and although a little laggy, it worked. it is...
  5. 4k monitor not giong to 4k

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Multiple 4k Monitors -

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple 4k Monitors -: Need help, I have a 4 monitor setup, was 2 1080 and 2 4k monitors, all fine. Decided to replace a 1080 for a 3rd 4k monitor. 2 Identical Samsung and one Benq. The problem is with the Samsungs. One of them can't go into UHD. DxDiag detects its UHD capabilities. Latest NVidia...
  7. Scaling Problems using 4K Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Scaling Problems using 4K Monitor: I saw a great deal on a UHD monitor and grabbed it, completely unaware of the issues regarding scaling for programs, particularly older programs, in a 4k environment. (For those who also do not know: this is when a program opens and is so tiny on the screen you can't read...
  8. 4K Monitors

4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...
  9. 4K Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    4K Monitors: Hello all and thank you in advance. Really need some help here. I have a Dell 2 in one laptop running windows 10 with graphics card below. I have two 4k monitors hooked up but the text on them is very blurry but the same stuff when I move it to my laptop screen looks very...
  10. 4K and 1080 Monitors problem...

4K and 1080 Monitors problem...: I purchased a 4K monitor and also have a 1080 monitor on my system. I have set the size of text, apps and other items in the Display options on the 4k monitor at 150% so its readable, at 100% the text is very small. I have set the 1080 monitor at 100%. The problem is...