Windows 10: I have to send multiple requests for more time on family safety each time my computer locks...

Discus and support I have to send multiple requests for more time on family safety each time my computer locks... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Starting from the past few weeks or so, most times when my computer locks and I request more time on Family safety, the computer stays locked the first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Alexander Hou1, Sep 2, 2024.

1. I have to send multiple requests for more time on family safety each time my computer locks...

Starting from the past few weeks or so, most times when my computer locks and I request more time on Family safety, the computer stays locked the first time I do it, even after I wait several minutes. I often have to send about 2-3 requests in a row before my computer unlocks.

:)

Alexander Hou1, Sep 2, 2024

2. Windows 10 family safety is not sending reports, not listing URLs visited in Edge, and not sending me requests for more time.

Windows 10 family safety is not sending reports, not listing URLs visited in Edge, and not sending me requests for more time from my child account.

It used to work fine and I did not change anything.

To solve the issue, I tried to delete the files in the family settings folder per another person's suggestion, but they won't delete because they are "in use by another program."

At wit's end!!!

JacquesJordan, Sep 2, 2024
  3. Windows 10 Family Safety: Time limits and screen locking

I recently set up my son's computer with family safety, and I have him limited to 3 hours of total screen time per weekday. I have told him that when he gets up to go outside, eat, or whatever to lock his computer - but it appears that the time he's away is counting toward his total time as well, which defeats the purpose of screen locking IMO. I've scoured Microsoft and the forums to see if screen lock time counts toward computer time in the family safety feature, but have found absolutely nothing. Does anyone out there know for sure, and if so can you post references?
    Thanks.

Rodger Cooley, Sep 2, 2024
  4. I have to send multiple requests for more time on family safety each time my computer locks...

Childs Family Safety Account locked, requests for more time are never recieved - HELP

I have noticed recently that my family windows 10 machine stopped reporting activity to my Microsoft account.

Today, the screen time on the family machine timed out and despite multiple requests for more screen time, I have not received the requests to my Microsoft account. The PC is now locked out for that account and we need access tonight (it will unlock tomorrow
    AM).

How can I get access, and more importantly, what is wrong with the family safety settings on this PC?

Thank you for your help

oldpcguy_db, Sep 2, 2024
Thema:

I have to send multiple requests for more time on family safety each time my computer locks...

1. I have to send multiple requests for more time on family safety each time my computer locks... - Similar Threads - send multiple requests

2. I have to send multiple requests for more time on family safety each time my computer locks...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have to send multiple requests for more time on family safety each time my computer locks...: Starting from the past few weeks or so, most times when my computer locks and I request more time on Family safety, the computer stays locked the first time I do it, even after I wait several minutes. I often have to send about 2-3 requests in a row before my computer...
  3. Family Safety - Not getting email requests for more time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety - Not getting email requests for more time: I no longer get an email when either of my children ask for more time. It was working on Thursday but not yesterday or today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-not-getting-email-requests-for-more/af25bf95-e96c-43af-b1f4-f61cd231c29d
  4. Family Safety - Not getting email requests for more time

Family Safety - Not getting email requests for more time: I no longer get an email when either of my children ask for more time. It was working on Thursday but not yesterday or today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-not-getting-email-requests-for-more/af25bf95-e96c-43af-b1f4-f61cd231c29d
  5. [Family Safety] Is it possible to disable email notifications for "more time" requests?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Family Safety] Is it possible to disable email notifications for "more time" requests?: I already got those notifications on my Android device, but even then, when I get to my inbox there are emails on the same thing.There is no link at the footer to "unsubscribe" or configure notifications, nor in the app. I guess I'll be stuck creating a filter to send those...
  6. [Family Safety] Is it possible to disable email notifications for "more time" requests?

[Family Safety] Is it possible to disable email notifications for "more time" requests?: I already got those notifications on my Android device, but even then, when I get to my inbox there are emails on the same thing.There is no link at the footer to "unsubscribe" or configure notifications, nor in the app. I guess I'll be stuck creating a filter to send those...
  7. Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time: Hello, I am currently trying to get on to my computer and request for more time, However when I click the button to do so I get this “Something went wrong” “We’re unable to send your request. Are you connected to the Internet? 80f81d93“I am connected to the Internet and I do...
  8. Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time

Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time: Hello, I am currently trying to get on to my computer and request for more time, However when I click the button to do so I get this “Something went wrong” “We’re unable to send your request. Are you connected to the Internet? 80f81d93“I am connected to the Internet and I do...
  9. Family Safety : Child unable to request more time : Account locked in a loop. Cannot login.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Family Safety : Child unable to request more time : Account locked in a loop. Cannot login.: I have HP Pavalion 15" laptop bought brand new 9 months ago for my child. We used family safety app in the iphone to be able to regulate our child's screen time for this laptop. This laptop has only 1 account and that is for my child. It all worked fine for 8 months. One fine...
  10. Family Safety - Ask for more time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Family Safety - Ask for more time: Dear reader, I was wondering about the following: I blocked an app on my daughter's own account. When she wants to use the app she has to ask for permission. On my phone I get a notification from the Family Safety app and an e-mail. Perfect! They both ask me how much time...