Windows 10: I have to press the power button for around 20 seconds and then press it a 2nd time to open...

Discus and support I have to press the power button for around 20 seconds and then press it a 2nd time to open... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have to press the power button for 20 seconds and then press it again to open my laptop. The odd time it turns on 1st press. Even though it's fully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Suzanne McNeill, Sep 21, 2024.

1. I have to press the power button for around 20 seconds and then press it a 2nd time to open...

I have to press the power button for 20 seconds and then press it again to open my laptop. The odd time it turns on 1st press. Even though it's fully charged. Do I need a new adapter. It's a Dell Inspiron 15.

:)

Suzanne McNeill, Sep 21, 2024
  2. spunk Win User

When I press and hold power button

Hold the power button for 15 seconds or so. When you press the power button for a second or two, it will go into Sleep Mode. Hold it longer and it will shut off. Boot into Windows go to Search and type power options and press enter and change what the power button does and change it to Shut Down. How to customize power button action when pressed on Windows 10 | Windows Central

spunk, Sep 21, 2024
  3. When I press and hold power button

Oh! Thanks!!

BlackVen0m, Sep 21, 2024
  4. MisterEd Win User

I have to press the power button for around 20 seconds and then press it a 2nd time to open...

When I press and hold power button

Turning off the computer: While the system is ON, press the power button for less than four seconds to put the system on sleep mode or soft-off mode, depending on the BIOS setting. Press the power switch for more than four seconds to let the system enter the soft-off mode regardless of the BIOS setting. Power options: choose what the power butons do When I press the power button: (do nothing, sleep, hibernate, shut down, turn off display) When I press the sleep button: (do nothing, sleep, hibernate, turn off display) When I close the lid (laptop): (do nothing, sleep, hibernate, shut down) Definitions: Mechanical Off is as close as your PC will get to being completely at rest, with only the battery-powered internal clock still running. To achieve this, unplug your PC at the wall. Soft Off is what the regular shut down function gives you – just a few low power circuits checking the power button and, if they are enabled, other inputs such as the keyboard, network connection or USB ports. Hibernation mode can be described as a compromise between the shut down and sleep modes. It memorises the applications and windows currently open on your desktop, before shutting down your computer. When you restart the machine, you should find all applications as you last saw them, ready to continue using, and the restart can take less than a minute in some cases. Sleep is a medium-low power standby state that does not actually switch your machine off. Instead, open documents and applications are stored in the computer’s RAM memory and your system can be ‘woken up’ ready to use again in just a few seconds. However, it is worth remembering that, unlike the hibernation function, sleep does continue to slowly drain your battery. So if you’re using it on a laptop with low power, this mode could eventually result in your laptop shutting itself down.

MisterEd, Sep 21, 2024
Thema:

I have to press the power button for around 20 seconds and then press it a 2nd time to open...

1. I have to press the power button for around 20 seconds and then press it a 2nd time to open... - Similar Threads - press power button

2. I have to press the power button for around 20 seconds and then press it a 2nd time to open...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have to press the power button for around 20 seconds and then press it a 2nd time to open...: I have to press the power button for 20 seconds and then press it again to open my laptop. The odd time it turns on 1st press. Even though it's fully charged. Do I need a new adapter. It's a Dell Inspiron 15....
  3. Power Button pressing by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Button pressing by itself: A long time ago, I spilled a bit of liquid into the laptop's keyboard, and because of that some keys stopped working, and one of those affected keys is the power button. Got a new keyboard and all that, the problem is the power button is pressing by itself for maybe a...
  4. Power Button pressing by itself

Power Button pressing by itself: A long time ago, I spilled a bit of liquid into the laptop's keyboard, and because of that some keys stopped working, and one of those affected keys is the power button. Got a new keyboard and all that, the problem is the power button is pressing by itself for maybe a...
  5. Power Button pressing by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Power supply not On when I press Power Button: I've been facing an issue with my Dell OptiPlex CPU for the past few days, and I'm in need of some expert guidance to find a permanent solution.The problem I'm encountering is that my Dell OptiPlex CPU is not turning on. When I press the power button, the light on the button...
  7. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply not On when I press Power Button: I've been facing an issue with my Dell OptiPlex CPU for the past few days, and I'm in need of some expert guidance to find a permanent solution.The problem I'm encountering is that my Dell OptiPlex CPU is not turning on. When I press the power button, the light on the button...
  8. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

9. Power Button - I have to press twice to turn on.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Button - I have to press twice to turn on.: On all of my previous Windows 10 computers I only had to press the power button once to turn it on. On my most recent build, it requires me to double press quickly in order to power on. If I press once it will shut down. I have gone into the power settings to change what it...
  10. why I have to press cpu restart to load windows10 after pressing power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why I have to press cpu restart to load windows10 after pressing power button: when I powered up my pc and clicked power button on cpu it shows bois logo and wont load the windows.I have to press the restet buton then to load windows,how to fix that?...