Windows 10: I have bought a Microsoft SURFACE-GO C: BUT THE SELLER DIDN'T GIVE ME THE BITLOCKER...

Discus and support I have bought a Microsoft SURFACE-GO C: BUT THE SELLER DIDN'T GIVE ME THE BITLOCKER... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Bitlocker recovery key unknown. The problem is that the person who owned this device has not been back to my house to get it. He owes me money so is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Travis Roark, Jul 22, 2024.

1. I have bought a Microsoft SURFACE-GO C: BUT THE SELLER DIDN'T GIVE ME THE BITLOCKER...

Bitlocker recovery key unknown. The problem is that the person who owned this device has not been back to my house to get it. He owes me money so is there away for me to unlock this SURFACE-GO C:Without the recovery key or password for this device.

:)

Travis Roark, Jul 22, 2024

2. I bought minecraft and it says i didn t pay

I bought minecraft java today from my mobile from inecraft.net and when i logged in it says that i haven t payed it.The payment was made and i didn t get minecraft.After i realised that i using guest and i wasn t connected to any microsoft account.What happened to my purchase

I have bought a Microsoft SURFACE-GO C: BUT THE SELLER DIDN'T GIVE ME THE BITLOCKER... aACUoraYSu72KOB6ohOrtg9RzwuJWmUYTJZeEX6lrwGoYK8drGw2aIXKyFbY3y0otDGf8qKyojj2XMxvUSBwBJoFBFTgM%3D.png

Andrei David2, Jul 22, 2024
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    problem with bitlocker

Hi Roeslie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We need some more details to help you find the solution to your problem.

• Which edition of Windows 10 is installed on your surface machine?
    • Did you notice any changes on the computer recently?
    • When you say, you have a problem with your Surface machine about BitLocker key, do you mean that the surface machine asks you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to sign into Windows?
    • Does the other computer ask you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to access the files saved on it?

If you are being asked to enter a BitLocker key to sign into your surface machine and you don’t remember your BitLocker key, you can follow the instructions given in the link below to find the BitLocker recovery key.

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 22, 2024
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

I have bought a Microsoft SURFACE-GO C: BUT THE SELLER DIDN'T GIVE ME THE BITLOCKER...

BitLocker on Surface Pro 3 not working correctly

Hi JulianSchubert,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community

TPM will lock itself out after a few incorrect authentication attempts. These could be due to incorrect PIN entry for BitLocker or incorrect PIN entry for TPM virtual smartcard PIN. For TPM version 1.2, the lockout behavior depends
    on individual TPM manufacturer. For TPM 2.0, the specification states that the TPM will enter lockout after 32 incorrect attempts.

To terminate this BitLocker recovery loop, you need to suspend BitLocker within WinRE, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

Step 1:

1. Choose the “Skip this drive” link at the bottom of the page where you are asked to enter the recovery key. You should be presented with a menu that will let you get to a command prompt (The sequence is Advanced
      options -> Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> Command prompt).
    2. Once you have a command prompt,
      use the following command to check the BitLocker status of the C: drive:
      manage-bde -status c:

3. If the status is returned as locked, you’ll need to use the following command to unlock it using your recovery password:
      manage-bde -unlock c: -rp <your 48-digit recovery password>
    4. Once the drive is unlocked you'll need to use the following command to suspend protection:
      manage-bde -protectors -disable c:
    5. Then exit and reboot. The computer should now successfully boot Windows. Once there, use the BitLocker control panel to resume BitLocker protection.
    6. You can reset TPM lockout using
      tpm.msc
    Note: The recovery loop can occur for other reasons such as cases where TPM is disabled or malfunctions. You can still use the above steps to suspend BitLocker and boot Windows in such cases

Hope it helps.

Mithin_EJ, Jul 22, 2024
Thema:

I have bought a Microsoft SURFACE-GO C: BUT THE SELLER DIDN'T GIVE ME THE BITLOCKER...

1. I have bought a Microsoft SURFACE-GO C: BUT THE SELLER DIDN'T GIVE ME THE BITLOCKER... - Similar Threads - bought Microsoft SURFACE

2. I have bought a Microsoft SURFACE-GO C: BUT THE SELLER DIDN'T GIVE ME THE BITLOCKER...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have bought a Microsoft SURFACE-GO C: BUT THE SELLER DIDN'T GIVE ME THE BITLOCKER...: Bitlocker recovery key unknown. The problem is that the person who owned this device has not been back to my house to get it. He owes me money so is there away for me to unlock this SURFACE-GO C:Without the recovery key or password for this device....
  3. bitlocker on sellers account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker on sellers account: hi i have a laptop i bought from someone recently and i just got locked out with bitlocker and i dont have the key what should i do? he didnt reset the laptop before giving it to me and i tried contacting him but no answer...
  4. bitlocker on sellers account

bitlocker on sellers account: hi i have a laptop i bought from someone recently and i just got locked out with bitlocker and i dont have the key what should i do? he didnt reset the laptop before giving it to me and i tried contacting him but no answer...
  5. Surface GO and BitLocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface GO and BitLocker: Often when a automatic update occurs my Surface GO restarts with a blue screen asking for a BitLocker key. I have to enter the key twice then the GO restarts correctly. How can I turn off BitLocker? Searching for Manage BitLocker does not work....
  6. I bought Minecraft but it says I didn't and it still charged me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought Minecraft but it says I didn't and it still charged me: I'm on my Windows PC, and I went on to google to go and buy Minecraft and i put in all my info and proceeded to buy it. After i purchased it, it told me i needed to sign in on another device in order to install or something. So I signed in on my phone. I look at my PC and it...
  7. Surface Go locked out by Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Go locked out by Bitlocker: Hi I have been locked out of my Surface Go by Bitlocker. I know my Bitlocker key, but the next screen asks for an admin password that I don't have. I have tried my Microsoft password, but it isn't this. When I hit the 'forgotten your password' option, it just sends me right...
  8. microsoft surface go

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    microsoft surface go: good afternoon, i have a new surface go and activated it last week / today i have switched it on after using a keyboard for the very first time / after typing password i got a black screen / at the right corner some words appear - activate windows / but the only command i...
  9. I bought the window 10. But window didn't give me the product key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I bought the window 10. But window didn't give me the product key.: I changed the computer. And the staff told me I don't have the product key and ask me to buy a new one. And there is no one I can talk in get help app again. OKAY. I bought a new one, but window did not give me the product key though anything. Then I need to buy every time...
  10. Microsoft Surface Go

Microsoft Surface Go: I am one of the first on the planet to own a Microsoft Surface Go. Thought it would be a good substitute for ipad. More power and more options, etc... It seems, however I cannot use it as a Kindle reader, cannot load the Kindle app. Any suggestions?...