Windows 10: I have Bitlocker recovery key ID, I need to know which of my Microsoft accounts it is...

Discus and support I have Bitlocker recovery key ID, I need to know which of my Microsoft accounts it is... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop got suddenly locked after I attached a flash drive. Now it is asking for "Bitlocker recovery key". I had no idea that it is protected by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Viktor Poker, Feb 2, 2024.

1. I have Bitlocker recovery key ID, I need to know which of my Microsoft accounts it is...

My laptop got suddenly locked after I attached a flash drive. Now it is asking for "Bitlocker recovery key". I had no idea that it is protected by Bitlocker and that this is the way Microsoft "protects" me for Windows Home copy! I am not going to format my drive, thank you. I need to see my data back!! I spent 600 euros for this device with Microsoft Windows kindly installed, and now I am completely out of my data just because your software decided to lock my machine! This is completely unacceptable. I have paid money for the device, I have a legal Windows copy, I did not do anything bad thi

:)

Viktor Poker, Feb 2, 2024

2. bitlocker key id recovery

Hi Jessen P

Thank you very much for your advice.

I did follow your suggestion but I can't get recovery key.

I got the below message.

You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys in your Microsoft account.

Next Step, What should I do?

Nam-PeunGカーンダー, Feb 2, 2024
  3. Couldn't Find my Recovery ID in my account to get the recovery key (BitLocker)?

My Recovery ID isn't listed in my account to get the recovery key (BitLocker).

Eslam Seif, Feb 2, 2024
  4. I have Bitlocker recovery key ID, I need to know which of my Microsoft accounts it is...

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 2, 2024
Thema:

I have Bitlocker recovery key ID, I need to know which of my Microsoft accounts it is...

1. I have Bitlocker recovery key ID, I need to know which of my Microsoft accounts it is... - Similar Threads - Bitlocker recovery key

2. How to know which Microsoft account have my bit locker Keys ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to know which Microsoft account have my bit locker Keys ID: I am writing to seek urgent assistance regarding BitLocker recovery for two of our company laptops. Recently, we had these laptops serviced to upgrade the internal storage from 500GB to 1TB. The technician at the service center removed the old hard drives and replaced them...
  3. I have Bitlocker recovery key ID, I need to know which of my Microsoft accounts it is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have Bitlocker recovery key ID, I need to know which of my Microsoft accounts it is...: My laptop got suddenly locked after I attached a flash drive. Now it is asking for "Bitlocker recovery key". I had no idea that it is protected by Bitlocker and that this is the way Microsoft "protects" me for Windows Home copy! I am not going to format my drive, thank you. I...
  4. Need Recovery key, but all I have is the Recovery key ID.

Need Recovery key, but all I have is the Recovery key ID.: I have a Windows 11 system that got encrypted by a former employee that contains critical information, so formatting and re-installing is not an option. All I have is the Recovery key ID. Would there be a way for me to retrieve the Recovery key with that?...
  5. Need Recovery key, but all I have is the Recovery key ID.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Recovery key, but all I have is the Recovery key ID.: I have a Windows 11 system that got encrypted by a former employee that contains critical information, so formatting and re-installing is not an option. All I have is the Recovery key ID. Would there be a way for me to retrieve the Recovery key with that?...
  6. I need my bitlocker recovery key, but don’t know if I have a microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need my bitlocker recovery key, but don’t know if I have a microsoft account.: Hello,How can I get in contact with someone to help me access my bitlocker recovery key? My computer randomly asked me for this a number if days ago, and I have been going around trying to find it. My last options are finding an account that I don’t remember with my bitlocker...
  7. I need my bitlocker recovery key, but don’t know if I have a microsoft account.

I need my bitlocker recovery key, but don’t know if I have a microsoft account.: Hello,How can I get in contact with someone to help me access my bitlocker recovery key? My computer randomly asked me for this a number if days ago, and I have been going around trying to find it. My last options are finding an account that I don’t remember with my bitlocker...
  8. Need access to Bitlocker recovery key which is not on microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need access to Bitlocker recovery key which is not on microsoft account.: I have lost my Bitlocker encryption key. And it is not visible on my Microsoft account. My laptop is locked and stuck while updating because of a power cut. When I am trying to reset it, it needs the BitLocker recovery key. Can Microsoft provide me with the recovery key? If I...
  9. Need access to Bitlocker recovery key which is not on microsoft account.

Need access to Bitlocker recovery key which is not on microsoft account.: I have lost my Bitlocker encryption key. And it is not visible on my Microsoft account. My laptop is locked and stuck while updating because of a power cut. When I am trying to reset it, it needs the BitLocker recovery key. Can Microsoft provide me with the recovery key? If I...
  10. I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key: I have a bitlocker key id but i doesnt have a bitlocker recovery key . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-bitlocker-key-id-but-i-doesnt-have-a/499c14e1-e32c-465e-8e4f-79d93fa66e57"