Windows 10: I have an old university oneDrive that I cannot delete

Discus and support I have an old university oneDrive that I cannot delete in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Some of them have no size on disk im guessing becasue they were online only at the time. But I cant delete the one drive no matter what I do. I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Windows F, Jul 23, 2024.

1. Windows F Win User

I have an old university oneDrive that I cannot delete

Some of them have no size on disk im guessing becasue they were online only at the time. But I cant delete the one drive no matter what I do. I get the Could not connect to cloud provider error. I dont have access to the account to resync.I've tried taking ownership, I've tried powershell rm-ingWindows 10

:)

Windows F, Jul 23, 2024

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 23, 2024
  3. javablood Win User
    OneDrive & Old MS Account

Emily,

1. OneDrive prompting for an old organization email - this can me that it is somewhere in the registry. But I would suggest that you check the following first:

• I checked the Windows Credential Manager and did not find any reference to the old organization account.
    • I checked the Registry Editor and did not find any reference to the email for the old org account.
    2. Two personal OneDrive folder in File Explorer - have you ever set up OneDrive under two different Microsoft account (personal ones)? No

Or have you ever set up OneDrive to two different locations under the same Microsoft account? Not sure. I set up OneDrive 1st on the desktop with a location on that computer and then I setup OneDrive on the laptop and used the location suggested by OneDrive. Maybe that is the problem with parallel structure because I am not sure how to access OneDrive on the laptop or do I have to access those files/folders online from the laptop and not set up OneDrive on the laptop?

I still do not know why everything is under Desktop.

I am interested in knowing the following:

Right click on each OneDrive folder in File explorer, choose "copy as path", then paste the path in a reply to me. Do that for both folders. Thanks!

• They are both the same - "C:\Users\Myname\OneDrive"

Thank you.

javablood, Jul 23, 2024
  4. I have an old university oneDrive that I cannot delete

old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Jul 23, 2024
Thema:

I have an old university oneDrive that I cannot delete

1. I have an old university oneDrive that I cannot delete - Similar Threads - old university oneDrive

2. I have an old university oneDrive that I cannot delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have an old university oneDrive that I cannot delete: Some of them have no size on disk im guessing becasue they were online only at the time. But I cant delete the one drive no matter what I do. I get the Could not connect to cloud provider error. I dont have access to the account to resync.I've tried taking ownership, I've...
  3. I have an old university oneDrive that I cannot delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an old university oneDrive that I cannot delete: Some of them have no size on disk im guessing becasue they were online only at the time. But I cant delete the one drive no matter what I do. I get the Could not connect to cloud provider error. I dont have access to the account to resync.I've tried taking ownership, I've...
  4. Help with deleting an old Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with deleting an old Onedrive: Hi, I am having huge problems with an old NHS drive on my own laptop conflicting with my personal Onedrive, and losing data as a result. I have left the NHS and it isn't an option to ask them to remove it as I no longer have any NHS accounts. I have tried every method I can...
  5. Help with deleting an old Onedrive

Help with deleting an old Onedrive: Hi, I am having huge problems with an old NHS drive on my own laptop conflicting with my personal Onedrive, and losing data as a result. I have left the NHS and it isn't an option to ask them to remove it as I no longer have any NHS accounts. I have tried every method I can...
  6. Help with deleting an old Onedrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I have several contacts I cannot delete -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have several contacts I cannot delete -: I have tried FB/ Linked in/Twitter and a multitude of email accounts to no avail - How do I find out where these contacts originate from and how do I delete them? Some are simply email details but these contacts do not appear on my present email lists at any of my present...
  8. I have several contacts I cannot delete -

I have several contacts I cannot delete -: I have tried FB/ Linked in/Twitter and a multitude of email accounts to no avail - How do I find out where these contacts originate from and how do I delete them? Some are simply email details but these contacts do not appear on my present email lists at any of my present...
  9. How do I delete an old OneDrive folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete an old OneDrive folder?: OneDrive was unable to complete a sync. After wasting too much time jumping through mindless hoops with Microsoft OneDrive support, I unlinked OneDrive and then relinked it to cache to a new location. So OneDrive works fine now. But I'm left with a large legacy folder...
  10. Deleted onedrive content now I have no desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted onedrive content now I have no desktop?: Was alarmed to find this evening that even though onedrive was uninstalled from my PC the second I ran windows for the first time, ther eis actually gigabites of data in a one drive folder in my home folder. Naturally I deleted them, thats why I uninstalled onedrive. Now...