Windows 10: I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?

Discus and support I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by פבלו ארונסון, Sep 8, 2023.

1. I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?

I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?

:)

פבלו ארונסון, Sep 8, 2023
  2. FinZak Win User

Product key association disable on old pc

Hey,

I sold my old pc to a friend. He installed some missing parts (HDD, GPU and RAM). Then we installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit version from USB stick. I was surprised to see that windows was automatically activated after that. I did some digging and found out that it is using my product key, which i use now in my own new pc. My friend does not have his own product key, the idea was that he just uses the unactivated windows with limited features.

I uninstalled my Windows 10 product key via command prompt in friends computer (as i understand this is only local solution, if he reinstall windows or clicks the active button, it reactivates automatically with my product key) and now it says windows is not activated, but my product key is still shown with Produkey app in his pc. So far windows is still activated my own pc.

My questions:

1. Is this all i need to do?
    2. How do i get rid of product key showing still with product key showing apps on my friend's computer?
    3. Is there a way to get rid of association of my product key on that old pc that i sold to friend?

EDIT: I originally installed windows 10 via upgrade option from Windows 7, if that matters.

FinZak, Sep 8, 2023
  3. Product Key from old laptop

So it seems my new laptops windows isn't genuine. I thought about buying a new copy of windows but then remembered I have this old laptop with its product key still available (but the laptop is demolished), cant I use the product key of the old laptop
    to activate windows on my new laptop?

YasserShkeir, Sep 8, 2023
  4. JS_UoG Win User

I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?

Win7 Product Key problems

Corrupted files on my system disc meant I had to re-install Win7.

I have used the product key originally sent to me when I downloaded Win7 (I also bought physical media) but it now says "invalid product key". Download and licence was purchase via Digital River.

Suggestions?

JS_UoG, Sep 8, 2023
Thema:

1. I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc? - Similar Threads - old laptop win7

2. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key: I have an old computer that was running Windows 7 with an original product key, I just purchased a used laptop that is much faster than my old box had Windows 10 installed on it and would like to use my Windows 7 product key to activate Win10. I tried entering the Win7...
  3. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key: I have an old computer that was running Windows 7 with an original product key, I just purchased a used laptop that is much faster than my old box had Windows 10 installed on it and would like to use my Windows 7 product key to activate Win10. I tried entering the Win7...
  4. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?: I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-old-not-in-use-laptop-with-win7-product/7176e101-a954-4b38-9d24-5c7a87b1d08d
  6. I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc?: I have an old not-in use laptop with win7 product key. Can I use the product key for new pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-old-not-in-use-laptop-with-win7-product/7176e101-a954-4b38-9d24-5c7a87b1d08d
  7. Getting new Hardware, can I use the old Product key?

Getting new Hardware, can I use the old Product key?: Hello, I bought the Windows 7 Home Premium CD years ago and later upgraded to Windows 10 Home for free. Now I want to get new Motherboard, CPU, Storage and RAM. 1. Can I use the old Product key Windows 7 Home Premium to activate Windows 10 Home after I reinstall it on the...
  8. Using Win10 (originally was Win7) product key for new PC installation

Using Win10 (originally was Win7) product key for new PC installation: Hi, like many users my laptop using a genuine Win7 product key previously was upgraded to Win10. I'm currently facing windows login issue in which i tried to repair and so but it didn't help. As my laptop is quite old, i'm planning to purchase a replacement desktop...meaning...
  9. product key used for new laptop

product key used for new laptop: I got a new laptop and using the same product key used for my previous one can the same key work on the new laptop or do I have to buy another subscription ? the last subscription was bought 4 days back and trying to disable on the older laptop...
  10. Using old product key

Using old product key: I purchased a long while back original product key for windows 10 pro and used it on my stationary PC which I don't have anymore (only kept the HDD), and I was wondering if there is any chance my key can be transfered onto my new machine (laptop) or do I really have to buy...