Windows 10: i have a surface pro 7 and the touchscreen is not working.

Discus and support i have a surface pro 7 and the touchscreen is not working. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i have a surface pro 7 and the touchscreen is not working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Derrick Mills, Jan 5, 2024.

1. i have a surface pro 7 and the touchscreen is not working.

i have a surface pro 7 and the touchscreen is not working.

:)

Derrick Mills, Jan 5, 2024
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Touch screen on surface pro

Hello Brady,

The Surface Pro may have encountered a driver conflict or a hardware issue. For us to isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps given on these articles to see if there will be any changes:

Please get back to us.

Xylee Del, Jan 5, 2024
  3. jmain40 Win User
    Surface Pro 7 touchscreen no longer responds

I've been a happy owner of a Microsoft Surface (w/ keyboard), purchased earlier this year. A few months in I began experiencing some touchscreen issues. The screen would become temporarily unresponsive after some moderately heavy usage, but it would always regain its capabilities within a few minutes of going blank. Eventually it stopped responding to touch messages altogether and never regains the touch capacity.

I went through the steps on windows support for troubleshooting a non-responsive touchscreen. None of it brought back the responsiveness. What I did find is that there is a warning icon (exclamation mark in yellow triangle) on "Intel(R) Precise Touch Device" in Device Manager and "HID compliant touchscreen" is completely missing in DM. Devices and Printers in the Control Panel shows the same warning icon on my tablet. In the about this PC page it states, "No pen or touch input is available for this display".

I'm running 'Windows 10 Home 21H1'. The tablet has never been dropped or banged around, and it has not been wet; so, I am at a loss for what has caused the touchscreen to go unfunctional.

Anyone wise enough to guide me towards a working touchscreen would be much appreciated.

jmain40, Jan 5, 2024
  4. i have a surface pro 7 and the touchscreen is not working.

why did my HP pavillions touchscreen stop working

Hi Linda,

There are several troubleshooting steps that we can undergo to identify what's causing the issue on your touchscreen. If you're using a Surface, you'll find the troubleshooting steps in this
    article. However, if you're using a different device, we suggest that you provide us the answers
    to these questions:

• Were there any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the brand and model of your device?
    • What do you mean by "touchscreen stop working"?
    • When did you start experiencing the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Jan 5, 2024
Thema:

i have a surface pro 7 and the touchscreen is not working.

1. i have a surface pro 7 and the touchscreen is not working. - Similar Threads - surface pro touchscreen

2. i have a surface pro 7 and the touchscreen is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a surface pro 7 and the touchscreen is not working.: i have a surface pro 7 and the touchscreen is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-surface-pro-7-and-the-touchscreen-is-not/c0e02195-6d4b-4394-a0cc-aa65d6ef376e
  3. surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    surface pro 7: My Sp will not boot. it gets to throubshooting and or reset screens but freezes everytime . I can not get into it at all. How can I make me a recovery from my regualr PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/51472c20-b453-4ef4-a968-7d1f5113a1b5
  4. surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    surface pro 7: My Sp will not boot. it gets to throubshooting and or reset screens but freezes everytime . I can not get into it at all. How can I make me a recovery from my regualr PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/51472c20-b453-4ef4-a968-7d1f5113a1b5
  5. I have a Pro 7 and since I updated to windows 11 neither the touchscreen works or the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a Pro 7 and since I updated to windows 11 neither the touchscreen works or the...: I am very disappointed that Microsoft have still not come up with an update for what is obviously an issue with windows 11Since I updated my pro 7, which was working perfectly well before the update, I now cant use the touch screen or the facial recognition!I do not do...
  6. I have a Pro 7 and since I updated to windows 11 neither the touchscreen works or the...

I have a Pro 7 and since I updated to windows 11 neither the touchscreen works or the...: I am very disappointed that Microsoft have still not come up with an update for what is obviously an issue with windows 11Since I updated my pro 7, which was working perfectly well before the update, I now cant use the touch screen or the facial recognition!I do not do...
  7. Surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  8. Surface pro 7

Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  9. Surface Pro 7 touchscreen no longer responds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 7 touchscreen no longer responds: I've been a happy owner of a Microsoft Surface (w/ keyboard), purchased earlier this year. A few months in I began experiencing some touchscreen issues. The screen would become temporarily unresponsive after some moderately heavy usage, but it would always regain its...
  10. Surface Pro 3 reinstall with no touchscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3 reinstall with no touchscreen: So I picked up a very cheap Surface Pro 3 recently - just to see if I could fix it - it was described as not working with the surface keyboard since windows 10 was installed, but working ok with a usb keyboard and mouse. I thought it might be an install/driver issue and have...