Windows 10: I have a NAS running home server 2011. If I replace the defective motherboard with a new...

Discus and support I have a NAS running home server 2011. If I replace the defective motherboard with a new... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a NAS running Windows home server 2011. The motherboard has developed a fault. If I replace the motherboard with an identical one and keeping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bryan Lovquist, Apr 22, 2023.

1. I have a NAS running home server 2011. If I replace the defective motherboard with a new...

I have a NAS running Windows home server 2011. The motherboard has developed a fault. If I replace the motherboard with an identical one and keeping all other components, will windows home server 2011 boot and run.

:)

Bryan Lovquist, Apr 22, 2023
  2. bradp1979 Win User

NAS server not visible

We have a NAS server on the network. One of our laptops recently got destroyed by water damage and had to be replaced. The new laptop is Win 10, and the NAS server is not visible on the network. On the old, now water-damaged laptop (Win 7), the NAS server had a desktop shortcut, so even if it wasn't visible on the network, the files could still be accessed.

How can I either force the computer to recognize the NAS server, or create a desktop icon that is linked to it without it being visible in the network listing?

Thanks.

bradp1979, Apr 22, 2023
  3. Can I re-activate Windows 10 license after replacing defective motherboard?

Hello,

The mother board on my system failed. The system disk is functioning, as I was able to read and write the disk with a different system.

Can I re-activate the Windows 10 license after replacing the defective motherboard? A newer generation of the motherboard will need to be installed, as the defective motherboard is no longer available.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike in Southern NH, Apr 22, 2023
  4. I have a NAS running home server 2011. If I replace the defective motherboard with a new...

Gigabyte to implement replacement or refund program for Intel 6 series motherboards

Problem is there just aren't any backup boards as all chipsets are B2 stepping, and B3 stepping won't be available until maybe late April, so there's no point in getting defective replacement boards *Frown I have a NAS running home server 2011. If I replace the defective motherboard with a new... :( your last suggestion sounds reasonable enough to me though *Smile I have a NAS running home server 2011. If I replace the defective motherboard with a new... :)

15th Warlock, Apr 22, 2023
Thema:

I have a NAS running home server 2011. If I replace the defective motherboard with a new...

1. I have a NAS running home server 2011. If I replace the defective motherboard with a new... - Similar Threads - NAS running home

2. Defective motherboard and windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Defective motherboard and windows 10: Hello,I have been trying to put a new PC together. I was able to install windows 10 using onboard graphics from my cpu and used my windows 10 pro product key. However, the motherboard has a defective graphics card PCIE express slot, so it is not able to detect any graphics...
  3. Defective motherboard and windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defective motherboard and windows 10: Hello,I have been trying to put a new PC together. I was able to install windows 10 using onboard graphics from my cpu and used my windows 10 pro product key. However, the motherboard has a defective graphics card PCIE express slot, so it is not able to detect any graphics...
  4. Defective motherboard and windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have replaced motherboard with a new one but the boot logo of the previous shows. How can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have replaced motherboard with a new one but the boot logo of the previous shows. How can...: I have changed motherboard. But after installing ,the boot logo of the previous motherboard appears. How do i remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-replaced-motherboard-with-a-new-one-but-the/ad6850e3-15a4-4464-bc9a-ad96b0988a06
  6. I have replaced motherboard with a new one but the boot logo of the previous shows. How can...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have replaced motherboard with a new one but the boot logo of the previous shows. How can...: I have changed motherboard. But after installing ,the boot logo of the previous motherboard appears. How do i remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-replaced-motherboard-with-a-new-one-but-the/ad6850e3-15a4-4464-bc9a-ad96b0988a06
  7. I have a NAS running home server 2011. If I replace the defective motherboard with a new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a NAS running home server 2011. If I replace the defective motherboard with a new...: I have a NAS running Windows home server 2011. The motherboard has developed a fault. If I replace the motherboard with an identical one and keeping all other components, will windows home server 2011 boot and run....
  8. I replaced my motherboard.

I replaced my motherboard.: I have a digital license. Window 10 will not activate. My new motherboard is linked to my Microsoft account. The troubleshooter does not resolve my issue. How do I activate Windows 10 on my computer with the new motherboard?...
  9. I require to have Windows activation after motherboard replacement.

I require to have Windows activation after motherboard replacement.: I have Office home and student previously installed prior to having the replacement. Now I cannot access any office programmes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-require-to-have-windows-activation-after/57c7d3f6-8af3-4058-8777-8861c1af9b4f
  10. I replaced my Motherboard

I replaced my Motherboard: My motherboard failed and replaced it, the question is can I activate my Windows License again on this new motherboard? I don't have money to buy a new one at the moment, if there is any way to install again the same Windows let me know please...