Windows 10: I have a HDD that shows up on BIOS and Device Manager but unresponsive on Disk Mangament

Discus and support I have a HDD that shows up on BIOS and Device Manager but unresponsive on Disk Mangament in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This HDD does not run windows, it runs on a separate ssd which has no issues.In disk management, The disk, disc 0 shows up as dynamic and offline, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gandhar K, Oct 5, 2024 at 4:47 PM.

1. Gandhar K Win User

I have a HDD that shows up on BIOS and Device Manager but unresponsive on Disk Mangament

This HDD does not run windows, it runs on a separate ssd which has no issues.In disk management, The disk, disc 0 shows up as dynamic and offline, but the only options I have when I right click is to convert to basic or MBR, neither of which work because it says the drive is offline. If it helps, I had just deleted Linux Mint that ran on that HDD by deleting the partitions. The files I wanted to save are backed up What should I do about this? Please advise.

:)

2. My new HDD is not showing up on disk manager, but shows up in BIOs

I tried doing that and the 4TB HDD (which would be disk 2 in this case) is not showing up in the disk list, just the first 2 disks aka disk 0 and disk 1

how would i do the rest of the steps if the HDD isn't in the CMD list disk at all?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1024776034501001267/1062614641840242760/image.png

Brendan Pollnow, Oct 5, 2024 at 4:49 PM
  3. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 5, 2024 at 4:49 PM
  4. GallapQE Win User

I have a HDD that shows up on BIOS and Device Manager but unresponsive on Disk Mangament

Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management

Hello!

First of all about my config

Lenovo Y720-15IKB

Motherboard: Intel H170 ITX KBL-S( I believe, the system doesnt say it, I looked up on the internet)

BIOS version/date: LENOVO 4GCN31WW, 2017. 09. 27.

SSD: Kingston SA1000M 256 GB M.2 PCIe (working, booting OS)

SATA Controller in AHCI mode.

My second hard drive ( Western Digital Black, 1TB) crashed last week, so I immediately bought a FireCuda 2TB SSHD to replace it (because I am stuck with school and also job projects) and mounted right away in the laptop.
    The WD started to crick and crack, I believe its rotor started to touch the housing.

I can hear the HDD running, so i guess the connections are functioning ( however remounted 3 times).

The BIOS and Device Management recognizes (ST2000LX001) but Disk Management does not.

Tried to delete in Device Manager and restart computer, did not work.

Runned Disk Diagnostics ( I know it is for RAM but in some cases it worked, not for me).

Downloaded SeaTools and DiscWizard from Seagate, both are unable to recognize the HDD.

Listed the disks in PowerShell, can see both, says No Media for the 2nd.

Downloaded drivers from the Lenovo site ( BIOS update and IRST update, the whole Chipset package) still nothing.

I've looked up the internet already but nothing worked. Help me please I am so desperate.

Peter

Thema:

1. I have a HDD that shows up on BIOS and Device Manager but unresponsive on Disk Mangament - Similar Threads - HDD shows BIOS

2. I have a HDD that shows up on BIOS and Device Manager but unresponsive on Disk Mangament

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a HDD that shows up on BIOS and Device Manager but unresponsive on Disk Mangament: This HDD does not run windows, it runs on a separate ssd which has no issues.In disk management, The disk, disc 0 shows up as dynamic and offline, but the only options I have when I right click is to convert to basic or MBR, neither of which work because it says the drive is...
  3. HDD disk shows up in BIOS but not in Windows File Explorer, Device manager, Task Manager...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD disk shows up in BIOS but not in Windows File Explorer, Device manager, Task Manager...: I have recently built a new PC i am currently using it and i have 2 disks in it: M.2 1TB SSD windows installed here brand new1TB HDD i have my files stored here from my previous pcWhen i was setting up the PC though the windows instalation with my pendrive, it displayed all...
  4. HDD disk shows up in BIOS but not in Windows File Explorer, Device manager, Task Manager...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD disk shows up in BIOS but not in Windows File Explorer, Device manager, Task Manager...: I have recently built a new PC i am currently using it and i have 2 disks in it: M.2 1TB SSD windows installed here brand new1TB HDD i have my files stored here from my previous pcWhen i was setting up the PC though the windows instalation with my pendrive, it displayed all...
  5. HDD disk shows up in BIOS but not in Windows File Explorer, Device manager, Task Manager...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My new HDD is not showing up on disk manager, but shows up in BIOs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new HDD is not showing up on disk manager, but shows up in BIOs: Hello, i recently got a new 4TB HDD from western digital's black brand and it's just not showing up anywhere, not as an unknown disk, but just not at all on windows, like it's not even plugged in, even though both sets of SATA cables I used are working properly due to me...
  7. My new HDD is not showing up on disk manager, but shows up in BIOs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My new HDD is not showing up on disk manager, but shows up in BIOs: Hello, i recently got a new 4TB HDD from western digital's black brand and it's just not showing up anywhere, not as an unknown disk, but just not at all on windows, like it's not even plugged in, even though both sets of SATA cables I used are working properly due to me...
  8. External HDD not showing up in disk management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External HDD not showing up in disk management: My 1TB external Seagate HDD is being detected in device manger, but I cannot see it on disk management. When I connect it, it beeps 5 times, no matter which port I use submitted by /u/vininhosts [link] [comments]...
  9. Old HDD shows in BIOS but not in Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old HDD shows in BIOS but not in Disk Manager: This HDD is a 2tb, I've been using it for almost 10 years now, however yesterday I noticed the drive was missing in "This PC". I shut down the PC while holding shift while clicking shutdown. HDD came back upon reboot. Later in the night while playing a game, I got a...
  10. Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management: Hello! First of all about my config Lenovo Y720-15IKB OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB Motherboard: Intel H170 ITX KBL-S( I believe, the system doesnt say it, I looked up on the internet) BIOS version/date: LENOVO 4GCN31WW, 2017. 09. 27. SSD: Kingston...