Windows 10: I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code...

Discus and support I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code only has 20 digits, but apparently I need 25 digits to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mike Arnholt, Apr 24, 2023.

1. I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code...

I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code only has 20 digits, but apparently I need 25 digits to make the transfer. What do I do?

:)

Mike Arnholt, Apr 24, 2023

2. Windows and Office transfer from old computer to new computer

Dear Team,

We want to confirm is it possible to shift windows 10 and Office 2016 transfer from old computer to new computer.

Regards,

TexegIndia Private Limited, Apr 24, 2023
  3. Computer files programs transfer old to new

Hi Nancy,

I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

PROGRAMS TRANSFER

Make a list of all programs which are installed on your computer. Download the installables from the respective vendors' sites and install them on new computer.

For Office 365, you will need to deactivate existing installation and install it on new computer.

1. Deactivate your existing installation -
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Deacti...

2. Install Office again on a new computer -
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Downlo...

FILES TRANSFER

The best way would be to copy all files to an external USB drive. Then you can attach that drive to the target computer and copy from USB drive to target computer.

Another way which has been becoming popular is to use a cloud service such as Onedrive to transfer the file. You can upload your files to Onedrive and then login to Onedrive from target computer and download.

Onedrive - Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Onedrive gives free space of 5GB and if you are using Office 365 Home or Personal subscriber, you get 1 TB. Hence, if you have only 5 GB and you wants to transfer say 20 GB, you will need to upload and download and then delete all these files from Onedrive
    and its Recycle bin. Repeat it till all your files are transferred.

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

Vijay_Verma, Apr 24, 2023
  4. I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code...

Transferring old Hard Drive to New Computer?

I just bought a new computer, and was wondering if I could simply transfer my old hard drive to the new PC. FYI, my old computer was a Dell Dimension 8300, Windows XP, with an 80GB HD. My new computer is a custom Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition, Vista Home Premium 64, with a 1TB HD. Basically:

(1) If I physically remove the old Dell HD and put it in the new computer, will I be able to access my files?

(2) Will I be able to boot from the Windows XP operating system installed on the old HD? (And not compromise my ability to alternatively boot from Vista 64 on the new HD)?

(3) Can I copy the contents of the old HD to an external HD and achieve the result in #2?

Any advice would be appreciated!

diamondrajoor, Apr 24, 2023
Thema:

I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code...

1. I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code... - Similar Threads - copy Office old

2. My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.: HiMy old computer suddenly died. I have a windows 10 license and would like to transfer my license to the new one I'm buying.All the manuals require me to operate my previous computer before transferring the license but that is not possible since the computer is not...
  3. My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.: HiMy old computer suddenly died. I have a windows 10 license and would like to transfer my license to the new one I'm buying.All the manuals require me to operate my previous computer before transferring the license but that is not possible since the computer is not...
  4. My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code...

I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code...: I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code only has 20 digits, but apparently I need 25 digits to make the transfer. What do I do?...
  6. I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code...: I have a copy of Office on my old computer that I want to transfer to my new one. Its code only has 20 digits, but apparently I need 25 digits to make the transfer. What do I do?...
  7. I want to transfer my windows license to my new PC, I have deactivated it from my old one...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to transfer my windows license to my new PC, I have deactivated it from my old one...: The license will not transfer, please help. My old Windows pro will not transfer. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-transfer-my-windows-license-to-my-new-pc/d8875633-f913-42a9-a8c0-995ac1c701f1
  8. I want to transfer my windows license to my new PC, I have deactivated it from my old one...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to transfer my windows license to my new PC, I have deactivated it from my old one...: The license will not transfer, please help. My old Windows pro will not transfer. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-transfer-my-windows-license-to-my-new-pc/d8875633-f913-42a9-a8c0-995ac1c701f1
  9. I want to transfer my windows license to my new PC, I have deactivated it from my old one...

10. How do I transfer my license from an old computer to my new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I transfer my license from an old computer to my new one: how do I transfer my license from an old computer to my new one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-my-license-from-an-old-computer/df3f59b2-7b9d-4e6e-a4b9-c57cff398e15"