Windows 10: I have 12Gb ram installed. 4GB onboard but only usable 3.2GB. How to fix this?

Discus and support I have 12Gb ram installed. 4GB onboard but only usable 3.2GB. How to fix this? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop has 4GB onboard Ram. recently i installed 8 GB ram but now only usable 3.9GB.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by M.G.K. Shavinda, Nov 4, 2023.

1. I have 12Gb ram installed. 4GB onboard but only usable 3.2GB. How to fix this?

My laptop has 4GB onboard Ram. recently i installed 8 GB ram but now only usable 3.9GB.

:)

M.G.K. Shavinda, Nov 4, 2023

2. I have 4gb ram installed but 2gb is only usable already done the ms config fix it doesn't work and returns to default and already checked if my motherboard is compatible

<Original title: 4gb ram 2gb usable how to fix>

I have 4gb ram installed but 2gb is only usable already done the ms config fix it doesn't work and returns to default and already checked if my motherboard is compatible witth my ram and it is please help already frustrated done the ms config fix many times
    already and i know that 32 bit OS only dislays 3-3.5gb usable memory but 2gb is too low.. will appreciate your help

GrantRosell, Nov 4, 2023
  3. When I bought my laptop it has 4GB RAM installed but when I updated my Windows the installed RAM is now only 2GB with 1.82 USABLE. How do I fix this?

When I bought my laptop it has 4GB RAM installed but when I updated my Windows the installed RAM is now only 2GB with 1.82 USABLE. How do I fix this?

BNACOSTALES, Nov 4, 2023
  4. techideas Win User

I have 12Gb ram installed. 4GB onboard but only usable 3.2GB. How to fix this?

12GB RAM installed but only usable 3.45GB Windows 10 64bit

I had this issue,

64 bit windows 10 pro 12 gb ram in triple channel so 3x4gb it said 12gb ram (4gb usable) checked settings in msconfig updated bios took RAM out cleared CMOS put RAM back in and it worked.

techideas, Nov 4, 2023
Thema:

I have 12Gb ram installed. 4GB onboard but only usable 3.2GB. How to fix this?

1. I have 12Gb ram installed. 4GB onboard but only usable 3.2GB. How to fix this? - Similar Threads - 12Gb ram installed

2. 12gb ram but only 2.96gb is usable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    12gb ram but only 2.96gb is usable: Hello so I bought a 8gb ram for my PC windows 10 but the problem it says 2.96 gb usable of my 12gb ram I tried reinstalling windows 10 64bit but it doesn't work also when I try to open the memtest which is on the USB bootable it says cannot run on windows 32bit mode even...
  3. 12gb ram but only 2.96gb is usable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    12gb ram but only 2.96gb is usable: Hello so I bought a 8gb ram for my PC windows 10 but the problem it says 2.96 gb usable of my 12gb ram I tried reinstalling windows 10 64bit but it doesn't work also when I try to open the memtest which is on the USB bootable it says cannot run on windows 32bit mode even...
  4. 12gb ram but only 2.96gb is usable

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I have 12Gb ram installed. 4GB onboard but only usable 3.2GB. How to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 12Gb ram installed. 4GB onboard but only usable 3.2GB. How to fix this?: My laptop has 4GB onboard Ram. recently i installed 8 GB ram but now only usable 3.9GB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-12gb-ram-installed-4gb-onboard-but-only/d5642f3a-7c88-4ab6-8e4c-b079300c23cf
  6. Only 3.45GB RAM usable out of installed 4GB RAM.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only 3.45GB RAM usable out of installed 4GB RAM.: Hey, I just checked my System specs, it shows: 3.45GB ram usable out of 4GB. I surfed the net for fixes to the issue, but found only 2- the msconfig fix and BIOS fix. When i tried the msconfig fix, it still shows the same. And when i checked my UEFI BIOS, There was nothing...
  7. Only 2gb of 6gb ram is usable.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Only 2gb of 6gb ram is usable.: I have 6gb ddr3 ram 4+2 installed on my pc. I think I remember the properties showing about5.6gb usable ram. Suddenly today I booted my pc and found out mygames were struggling to load properly. Then I found out system properties page was showing4gb of 6gb ram usable. Then I...
  8. Can only use 2GB of RAM when I have 4GB?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can only use 2GB of RAM when I have 4GB?: I have a 4GB RAM pc, however windows shows me only 2GB RAM can be used! Please help [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-only-use-2gb-of-ram-when-i-have-4gb/de873f3b-b1ff-4875-8494-794a07c7f078
  9. Installed 4GB RAM but only 1.7GB usable

Installed 4GB RAM but only 1.7GB usable: I am having issue with the RAM, I have installed 4GB Ram on windows 10, but It shows only 1.7GB is Usable and the leftover RAM is Hardware Reserved. I Tried to swap rams but didn't work. please help my PC is working very slow due to less usable RAM available, I also tried a...
  10. 8gb ram installed 2gb ram usable

8gb ram installed 2gb ram usable: i just used the recovery option in my pc and it seems that windows doesn't use all my ram i tried going to ms config and then boot setting but didn't work any other fix??...