Windows 10: I had an app that allowed me to create three drop-down categories on desktop to store...

Discus and support I had an app that allowed me to create three drop-down categories on desktop to store... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I became very accustomed to having three categories which I called work files, personal files, and programs. The app gave me 3 drop down tabs on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Larry loebe, Jun 14, 2024.

1. I had an app that allowed me to create three drop-down categories on desktop to store...

I became very accustomed to having three categories which I called work files, personal files, and programs. The app gave me 3 drop down tabs on my desktop and I could drag and drop files to whichever of the three categories I wanted. I thought it was iobit or that I got it from a Advanced Systemcare app I downloaded but I can't remember. I truly want to find it again as it made classifying my files super easy. The app was free to use. Thanks for any help!

:)

Larry loebe, Jun 14, 2024

2. Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

About time.
    I would greatly appreciate, if MS had separated smartphone/tablet apps from Desktop/Laptop apps (at least created dedicated categories for such apps).
    The actual delivery mechanism of Windows Store is very good, and very usable (much better than Ubuntu Software Center), but the content is either not there, or meant to be used on a touch-enabled device.

silentbogo, Jun 14, 2024
  3. Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 14, 2024
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

I had an app that allowed me to create three drop-down categories on desktop to store...

Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To create the Ethernet shortcut on your desktop, you can follow the step provided below.

Step: Create Ethernet shortcut on the desktop.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Type in ncpa.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. You will see all your network adapter.
    4. Right click on your desired adapter and click on
      Create Shortcut and allow the prompt.
    5. Or you can drag and drop the network adapter on the desktop that will create a shortcut too.
    6. You can now right on the shortcut on your desktop and disable and enable internet connection.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jun 14, 2024
Thema:

I had an app that allowed me to create three drop-down categories on desktop to store...

1. I had an app that allowed me to create three drop-down categories on desktop to store... - Similar Threads - app allowed create

2. I had an app that allowed me to create three drop-down categories on desktop to store...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had an app that allowed me to create three drop-down categories on desktop to store...: I became very accustomed to having three categories which I called work files, personal files, and programs. The app gave me 3 drop down tabs on my desktop and I could drag and drop files to whichever of the three categories I wanted. I thought it was iobit or that I got it...
  3. I had an app that allowed me to create three drop-down categories on desktop to store...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I had an app that allowed me to create three drop-down categories on desktop to store...: I became very accustomed to having three categories which I called work files, personal files, and programs. The app gave me 3 drop down tabs on my desktop and I could drag and drop files to whichever of the three categories I wanted. I thought it was iobit or that I got it...
  4. Edit and Create Drop down box is missing from Windows Photo Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edit and Create Drop down box is missing from Windows Photo Apps: I've been using Windows 10 photos apps for quite sometime. When I went to edit a photo yesterday, the whole drop down box of 'Edit and Create' is gone. I have the latest update which is KB5014699 but I don't know if that had anything to do with it. This is what it used to...
  5. Microsoft Store won't allow me to install apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store won't allow me to install apps.: I recently purchased the Halo: MasterChief Collection, however I encountered a number of problems in the process of downloading the games. The Microsoft Store first won't allow me to install anything, anytime I try and install something I receive the error message "Try Again...
  6. trying to download app from windows store but wont let me. i had this installed but i had...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    trying to download app from windows store but wont let me. i had this installed but i had...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MachoMane_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j1omu2/trying_to_download_app_from_windows_store_but/
  7. "allow apps from anywhere" drop-down menu missing

"allow apps from anywhere" drop-down menu missing: How do I download apps that are not in the app store? So I saw that my version of zoom was a bit outdated and I wanted to download a newer one, so when I went to the download page and clicked the download button, and when It finished I opened it and it said: "The app you're...
  8. Automatic scrolling and will not allow drop down menus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic scrolling and will not allow drop down menus: My Dell laptop has recently started automatically scrolling to the bottom of web pages as soon as I open them. I use the Edge browser that came installed when I bought the computer or I use Chrome. It happens on both browsers and it also happens when I try to open the start...
  9. Store not allowing me to download apps and games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store not allowing me to download apps and games: I am trying to download Minecraft Windows 10 on my lenovo t440p. When I go try to download an app or game the install button is blue but when I go and try to download it I click the install button it does not do anything. I saw that my laptop is not in my "trusted devices"...
  10. Xbox App won’t allow me join or create parties

Xbox App won’t allow me join or create parties: For the past couple months the Xbox Apps have been acting up. The Xbox App, regular and beta versions, along with the Windows game bar won’t allow me to join or create parties. Every time I try clicking on join a party I get a constant spinning wheel, then, nothing, reverts...