Windows 10: I had a Microsoft defenders security alert that I believe was a phasing scam, but now I'm...

Discus and support I had a Microsoft defenders security alert that I believe was a phasing scam, but now I'm... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had a Microsoft defenders security alert that I believe was a phasing scam, but now I'm wondering, is my computer infected?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pactmom, Sep 19, 2024 at 8:37 PM.

1. Pactmom Win User

I had a Microsoft defenders security alert that I believe was a phasing scam, but now I'm...

I had a Microsoft defenders security alert that I believe was a phasing scam, but now I'm wondering, is my computer infected?

:)

2. Microsoft alert scam

Is there a scam that pops up stating "Microsoft Alert!"?

[Original title: microsoft alert scam]

JackieAnello, Sep 19, 2024 at 8:41 PM
  3. I had a Microsoft defenders security alert that I believe was a phasing scam, but now I'm...

Microsoft alert scam

No, I found out about the scam after I contacted the company whose phone number was listed on the alert and paid $49.99 to fix my computer.

JackieAnello, Sep 19, 2024 at 8:41 PM
Thema:

I had a Microsoft defenders security alert that I believe was a phasing scam, but now I'm...

1. I had a Microsoft defenders security alert that I believe was a phasing scam, but now I'm... - Similar Threads - Microsoft defenders security

2. I had a Microsoft defenders security alert that I believe was a phasing scam, but now I'm...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had a Microsoft defenders security alert that I believe was a phasing scam, but now I'm...: I had a Microsoft defenders security alert that I believe was a phasing scam, but now I'm wondering, is my computer infected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-a-microsoft-defenders-security-alert-that-i/d19bd9ce-91ce-4c4a-afb3-1031d5849601
  3. I had a Microsoft defenders security alert that I believe was a phasing scam, but now I'm...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I had a Microsoft defenders security alert that I believe was a phasing scam, but now I'm...: I had a Microsoft defenders security alert that I believe was a phasing scam, but now I'm wondering, is my computer infected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-a-microsoft-defenders-security-alert-that-i/d19bd9ce-91ce-4c4a-afb3-1031d5849601
  4. I had a scam.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a scam.: I contacted a William at I thought Microsoft Security at 805-900-0912. He sent me to an Andy Lova at 254-570-3636 at Waredot who downloaded a Waredot Security program for $429.95/yr. Is Waredot a Microsoft sponsored affiliated program or a scam?...
  5. I had a scam.

I had a scam.: I contacted a William at I thought Microsoft Security at 805-900-0912. He sent me to an Andy Lova at 254-570-3636 at Waredot who downloaded a Waredot Security program for $429.95/yr. Is Waredot a Microsoft sponsored affiliated program or a scam?...
  6. How do I know the Defender Virus alert is not a scam

How do I know the Defender Virus alert is not a scam: I recieved a message from Microsoft Defender with a phone number to call. I want to know if it is a scam before calling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-know-the-defender-virus-alert-is-not-a/eae0b1b5-b393-4b31-b29f-66d9b7aefe86
  7. Security Alert message - is it a scam?

Security Alert message - is it a scam?: Can someone tell me if this is a scam or is it real? There is audio playing, telling me to phone the number and not shutdown my computer. This is the main reason I am suspicious; secondly, the message is on my Chrome browser page, not actually from my computer; thirdly, I...
  8. I believe I have been scammed....

I believe I have been scammed....: A year ago, I fell for a scam by someone that I met online. This person informed me that I had a number of corrupt files on my laptop and that he and his team would be able to rid of them. As well, I was "sold" on signing up for a year on their technical services. The...
  9. I believe that I was Scammed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I believe that I was Scammed: CZONE Solutions Toll Free 855-879-0155 Ext 1007 Talked with Deven Case # 91734682 Service 3 yr contract Amount $249.00 Paid thru Pay Pal I went through Yahoo Help when I thought I had a problem with my computer and a web site or phone # popped up to call for computer...
  10. "Windows Security Alert" - scam??

"Windows Security Alert" - scam??: I received an email, allegedly from MS Official Windows Support, reporting a variety of suspicious actions on my account and asking that I contact Windows Support immediately. I think it's a scam. There's an 844-486-2888 number to call. I plan to ignore it. Any feedback? -...