Windows 10: I got up a pop.out security window from Microsoft support sayin my laptop was locked and to...

Discus and support I got up a pop.out security window from Microsoft support sayin my laptop was locked and to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I got up a pop.out security window from Microsoft support sayin my laptop was locked and to call Microsoft support on 1800531905. I called them number... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dannielle Hoskins, Oct 24, 2024 at 12:52 AM.

1. I got up a pop.out security window from Microsoft support sayin my laptop was locked and to...

I got up a pop.out security window from Microsoft support sayin my laptop was locked and to call Microsoft support on 1800531905. I called them number and he was talking me thru how to get rid of it and asked me to download a.program I downloaded it but didn't run it or accept as I got suspicious then I hung up and reset my computer after googling the number and it didn't exist. He then tried calling my phone back numerous times. What do I do now?

:)

dannielle Hoskins, Oct 24, 2024 at 12:52 AM

2. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

I got up a pop.out security window from Microsoft support sayin my laptop was locked and to... [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

4. malware Win User

I got up a pop.out security window from Microsoft support sayin my laptop was locked and to...

Microsoft Security Bulletin for September 2007

Microsoft released yesterday the September Security Bulletin for Windows operating system, as part of its monthly security cycle. This bulletin summary lists one critical and three important updates. For more information, see Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September 2007.

Source: Microsoft

Thema:

I got up a pop.out security window from Microsoft support sayin my laptop was locked and to...

1. I got up a pop.out security window from Microsoft support sayin my laptop was locked and to... - Similar Threads - got pop security

2. I got up a pop.out security window from Microsoft support sayin my laptop was locked and to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I got up a pop.out security window from Microsoft support sayin my laptop was locked and to...: I got up a pop.out security window from Microsoft support sayin my laptop was locked and to call Microsoft support on 1800531905. I called them number and he was talking me thru how to get rid of it and asked me to download a.program I downloaded it but didn't run it or...
  3. I got up a pop.out security window from Microsoft support sayin my laptop was locked and to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got up a pop.out security window from Microsoft support sayin my laptop was locked and to...: I got up a pop.out security window from Microsoft support sayin my laptop was locked and to call Microsoft support on 1800531905. I called them number and he was talking me thru how to get rid of it and asked me to download a.program I downloaded it but didn't run it or...
  4. I got a pop up message from Windows defender security warning that my laptop has been blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a pop up message from Windows defender security warning that my laptop has been blocked: I got a pop up message from Windows defender security warning that my laptop has been blocked and asking to call a number. that number looked suspicious and when called one unproffessional asking to press some keys so that they get access to the laptop and i disconnected. But...
  5. I got a pop up message from Windows defender security warning that my laptop has been blocked

I got a pop up message from Windows defender security warning that my laptop has been blocked: I got a pop up message from Windows defender security warning that my laptop has been blocked and asking to call a number. that number looked suspicious and when called one unproffessional asking to press some keys so that they get access to the laptop and i disconnected. But...
  6. Got locked out by my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Got locked out by my laptop: Hello, I got locked out by my laptop. Everytime I open up my laptop it says to enter password but whenever I enter my password it says "Incorrect password. Try again." Even though I'm a 100% sure that it's the correct one, I've tried everything but I still can't open my...
  7. Got locked out by my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got locked out by my laptop: Hello, I got locked out by my laptop. Everytime I open up my laptop it says to enter password but whenever I enter my password it says "Incorrect password. Try again." Even though I'm a 100% sure that it's the correct one, I've tried everything but I still can't open my...
  8. Got locked out by my laptop

9. I accidently got locked out in windows 11 laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidently got locked out in windows 11 laptop.: Whenever entering pin,it is saying administrator has restricted signing in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-got-locked-out-in-windows-11-laptop/e4247487-794c-48e6-adfc-5f0189fa2fa2
  10. I accidently got locked out in windows 11 laptop.

I accidently got locked out in windows 11 laptop.: Whenever entering pin,it is saying administrator has restricted signing in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-got-locked-out-in-windows-11-laptop/e4247487-794c-48e6-adfc-5f0189fa2fa2