Windows 10: I got this message when logging in: the account has been locked and can’t be accessed

Discus and support I got this message when logging in: the account has been locked and can’t be accessed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I tried logging in my new computer, but after entering the email and password, it kept asking for the “device password”. What password? It’s a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KevinSaá, Jul 6, 2024.

1. KevinSaá Win User

I got this message when logging in: the account has been locked and can’t be accessed

I tried logging in my new computer, but after entering the email and password, it kept asking for the “device password”. What password? It’s a new PC!After come failed attempts. I left everything there. Logged in through the store and it synced the account on settings.Steam crashed so I restarted the PC and then got this message. Waited like 4 hours and nothing.Had to format everything and start over, after installing windows fresh, it still didn’t let me log in.I’m afraid of logging through the store or something and get locked out again.

:)

KevinSaá, Jul 6, 2024
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 6, 2024
  3. windows 10 changed my log in username and password know i'm locked out

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Are using a Microsoft Account to log into the computer?
    • Do you have another user account?
    • If yes, then log in to the other account and delete the account that is inaccessible.
    Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if it resolves your issue:

• Go to the Lock Screen, press the Shift button and the
      Power Icon located on the right bottom corner of the screen.

• Then Click on Restart, then a prompt will appear to
      Restart anyway, click on it. This will take you to the Recovery Environment.

• Once there, click on Troubleshoot, then
      Advance Option. You will see Command prompt option click on it. This will run a diagnostic and fix the issue that are persisting in your system.

Step 2: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account:

• Right click on the Start button, and select Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type: net user administrator /active:yes (To enable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).
    • Then press ENTER.
    Once the you have access to account go to you sons account and delete it.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 6, 2024
  4. Try3 Win User

I got this message when logging in: the account has been locked and can’t be accessed

Locked out of Win 10 account

Steve, All you need is a Windows 10 installation USB in order to use the procedure given in post #2. If you do not have one of them then you will need to take your computer to somebody who does. The procedure does not entail any use of the MSAccount reset / old mobile number / email reset. Denis

Try3, Jul 6, 2024
Thema:

1. I got this message when logging in: the account has been locked and can’t be accessed - Similar Threads - got message logging

2. I got this message when logging in: the account has been locked and can’t be accessed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got this message when logging in: the account has been locked and can’t be accessed: I tried logging in my new computer, but after entering the email and password, it kept asking for the “device password”. What password? It’s a new PC!After come failed attempts. I left everything there. Logged in through the store and it synced the account on settings.Steam...
  3. Your account has been locked

Your account has been locked: hello.i have new email that register on new laptop, email *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. suddenly got locked when i am trying to login.. i have input number phone, then error asked for other method verification.. but that not have choose for verification.. what...
  4. my account has been locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my account has been locked: My account has been locked. Do i have to wait 30 days to try and sign in again? I am confused how this is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-account-has-been-locked/e21b816e-1952-4359-998c-f02ab840d7ea
  5. Your account has been locked

Your account has been locked: Hi , i want to login to my Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but can't , it says Your account has been locked . please help me recover it .the account is for my work , gaming and i cant use it from 08/05/2022...
  6. My account has been locked

My account has been locked: Hi all I tried to sign in to my outlook account this morning and I get this message: Your account has been lockedWe’ve detected some activity that violates our Microsoft Services Agreement and have locked your account.Unlocking your accountChoose Next and we'll send a...
  7. My account has been locked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My account has been locked: Hi all I tried to sign in to my outlook account this morning and I get this message: Your account has been lockedWe’ve detected some activity that violates our Microsoft Services Agreement and have locked your account.Unlocking your accountChoose Next and we'll send a...
  8. My account has been hacked and locked and I can’t get back control.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My account has been hacked and locked and I can’t get back control.: I recently had my Microsoft account hacked. I tried and partially succeeded taking back control. My account is now locked for 30 days. The user/ administrator on my pc is now this individuals email. I’m concerned he now has access to my pc/ files. I have tried several times...
  9. My account has been locked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My account has been locked: Hello Everyone, This is Sagnik I think that my account had been hacked and now, it has been locked. This is the account which I use for various activities since I am a student. All files and folders of mine are there. I cannot report any loss of files at the moment. My...
  10. Can’t Log Into Account At The Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t Log Into Account At The Lock Screen: This has been a persistent problem that has been bugging me lately. I had tried logging into one of my Windows accounts on my desktop, but it says I cannot log in. I have tried to reboot the desktop, change my account’s password, and looked online for help - practically...