Windows 10: I got my Dell laptop running on Win 11 three months back and I'm constantly getting bsod...

Discus and support I got my Dell laptop running on Win 11 three months back and I'm constantly getting bsod... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried running below cmds but nothing seems to be working,sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Abhishek Vaibhav, Jun 2, 2024.

1. I got my Dell laptop running on Win 11 three months back and I'm constantly getting bsod...

I tried running below cmds but nothing seems to be working,sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Minidumps also didn't point me at what is the cause of bsod. At last I clean installed windows but again I'm getting BSODs everyday. BlueScreenViewer says its due to ntoskrnl.exe everytime. I don't know what to do.I attached CBS.log here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qE8iXNGoFatLO61RF88FmRx77jlkpGzd/view?usp=sharing

:)

Abhishek Vaibhav, Jun 2, 2024
  2. Sasqui Win User

Dell M6400 Laptop - BSOD Installing XP Pro X32

Win 7 works fine, I'm typing on it right now. Wondering if I should actually jump and upgrade. There must be a driver somewhere that I can use to install XP *Wtf :wtf:

Not a particularly productive suggestion. Though I'd never buy a Dell, I have had luck with thier laptops errm... excepting this time, lol.

Sasqui, Jun 2, 2024
  3. RE: BSOD when running diagnostics on dell laptop

I'm seeing that one minidump is just a bugcheck coming from Driver Verifier, and it's claiming that dddriver64Dcsa.sys is the driver having issues, which is identified as Dell Diags Universal Device Driver. This is weird, as you claim to be using the Dell Diagnostics utility which is accessed right in BIOS, right?

No, I meant that when I'm running the diagnostic through the support/diagnostic section on the Dell website. The Dell link you provided is what is causing me the BSOD. When I run the full-scan the laptop will BSOD at a certain point when trying to load the test. I'm running another memory test (Passmark Memtest) at the moment. I ran the mdsched.exe prior.

I already ran all of the troubleshooting steps you have listed already before posting this question.

Cb_Error-cr, Jun 2, 2024
  4. alucasa Win User

I got my Dell laptop running on Win 11 three months back and I'm constantly getting bsod...

Dell M6400 Laptop - BSOD Installing XP Pro X32

There should be. Otherwise, you wouldn't have had XP in the first place. Unless you have to absolutely use XP for some older programs that no longer work with 7, I'd suggest you jump the boat and use 7.

Having owned two DELL laptops so far, I know that their OS restore CDs often come with slightly modified drivers to make it work without getting BSOD. For a good example, my Dell XPS M1330, it has vista home premium 32bit. If I use a regular vista 32bit CD, it will get BSOD during install. I have to use DELL's OS restore CD to get it installed.

alucasa, Jun 2, 2024
Thema:

I got my Dell laptop running on Win 11 three months back and I'm constantly getting bsod...

1. I got my Dell laptop running on Win 11 three months back and I'm constantly getting bsod... - Similar Threads - got Dell laptop

2. I'm getting constant BSODs, minidump provided.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm getting constant BSODs, minidump provided.: This has been going on non-stop for weeks and it happens randomly. A program I use says it's caused by ntoskrnl.exe and dxgkrnl.sys.Device name DESKTOP-RLM3CD5 Processor IntelR CoreTM i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB Device ID...
  3. I'm getting constant BSODs, minidump provided.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm getting constant BSODs, minidump provided.: This has been going on non-stop for weeks and it happens randomly. A program I use says it's caused by ntoskrnl.exe and dxgkrnl.sys.Device name DESKTOP-RLM3CD5 Processor IntelR CoreTM i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB Device ID...
  4. I'm getting constant BSODs, minidump provided.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I got my Dell laptop running on Win 11 three months back and I'm constantly getting bsod...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got my Dell laptop running on Win 11 three months back and I'm constantly getting bsod...: I tried running below cmds but nothing seems to be working,sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Minidumps also didn't point me at what is the cause of bsod. At last I clean installed windows but again I'm getting...
  6. Got constant BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got constant BSOD: I was playing apex legends on windows 11 and recently only this game had a few crashes here and there. But this time, after the game crashed, I got a BSOD. After windows rebooted, I got BSOD almost instantly after inputting my PIN and got to desktop screen. The windows...
  7. Got constant BSOD

Got constant BSOD: I was playing apex legends on windows 11 and recently only this game had a few crashes here and there. But this time, after the game crashed, I got a BSOD. After windows rebooted, I got BSOD almost instantly after inputting my PIN and got to desktop screen. The windows...
  8. My Dell Laptop is Only three years old but won't run Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell Laptop is Only three years old but won't run Windows 11?: My Dell Inspiron 15 shipped on April 11, 2018 so it's only three years old yet the PC Health Check says my CPU won't run Windows 11? What a load of absolute garbage, Microsoft. Do I need a time machine to go back three years and order a PC with a compatible CPU? That's it....
  9. My Dell Laptop is Only three years old but won't run Windows 11?

My Dell Laptop is Only three years old but won't run Windows 11?: My Dell Inspiron 15 shipped on April 11, 2018 so it's only three years old yet the PC Health Check says my CPU won't run Windows 11? What a load of absolute garbage, Microsoft. Do I need a time machine to go back three years and order a PC with a compatible CPU? That's it....
  10. Different BSOD's for the past three months.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Different BSOD's for the past three months.: Hi, so, for the last three months i got constans BSOD's. They don't appear when im doing something in particular, mostly when the pc in chilling with no stress. They started one month after the pc was build and running smooth. Here are the specs: MoBo:MSI B450A-Pro Max GPU:...