Windows 10: I get random packet loss spikes in all games I play on my pc.

Discus and support I get random packet loss spikes in all games I play on my pc. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I get random packet loss spikes in all games I play on my pc. I have figured out that it's not my internet. While playing games like Fortnite, the game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Heidi P1, Jul 7, 2024.

1. Heidi P1 Win User

I get random packet loss spikes in all games I play on my pc.

I get random packet loss spikes in all games I play on my pc. I have figured out that it's not my internet. While playing games like Fortnite, the game will run smooth for a little bit and then all the sudden my packet loss spikes to 30% then goes back down eventually. Sometimes my game completely freezes. I've looked up so many possible things that cause this but I haven't found anything that works. Someone please help!

:)

Heidi P1, Jul 7, 2024
  2. AndyH510 Win User

Network Packet Loss and Ping Spikes Until I Play a Game

Hi. My internet is having issues with packet loss and ping spike. I'm using ethernet and have tried other connections but still have the same issue. Other devices on my network have the same issue but they don't usually lose packets or ping spike in sync with other devices. But I've noticed that some online games I play will lag during the connection issues like they should, but when I play some other online games the internet is fixed all over the network right up until the game ends then it goes back to an unstable network.

Please can someone help and I'll provide any information you need

Thank you

AndyH510, Jul 7, 2024
  3. McSweg Win User
    Packet loss and random internet drops

I get random packet loss spikes in all games I play on my pc. 275418d1587353442t-packet-loss-random-internet-drops-image.png

I get random packet loss spikes in all games I play on my pc. 275417d1587353265t-packet-loss-random-internet-drops-image.png

I am having these weird internet drops where it happens 1 - 2 times a day. I also have packet loss in game (I always see the icon of packet loss popping up in all the games I play)

I run my computer wired so it's not connected wireless. Not sure if any of this info means anything if something is bad here what is it and why? I don't really understand any of these things. Is there anything I need to bring up to my ISP? Thank you

McSweg, Jul 7, 2024
  4. SJMaye Win User

Packet loss after computer upgrade

I recently upgraded my 9 year old computer from an i7-860 to a Ryzen 7 2700X along with a MB and DDR4 ram. Since the upgrade everything has run well, except for lag spikes in gaming that I think are related to packet loss.

I am pretty sure I had this problem to some extent with the previous system. It just seems more pronounced, I now way to prove that. All I know is using my new PC I have seen my FPS go from 200 FPS to 20 FPS during a really bad lag spike. As I tried to narrow down what caused it I am pretty sure it is related to packet loss. Below is a in game log of network information. My lag spikes correlate directly to the spikes in packet loss.

I get random packet loss spikes in all games I play on my pc. 223509d1549452758t-packet-loss-after-computer-upgrade-bf4-chart-after-tcp-optimizer.jpg

I have tried using PingPlotter5 to monitor the issue. Problem is I can not see what the IP is of the server I am playing on.

Can someone help me with some troubleshooting to narrow down to the source?

SJMaye, Jul 7, 2024
Thema:

1. I get random packet loss spikes in all games I play on my pc. - Similar Threads - random packet loss

2. I get random packet loss spikes in all games I play on my pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get random packet loss spikes in all games I play on my pc.: I get random packet loss spikes in all games I play on my pc. I have figured out that it's not my internet. While playing games like Fortnite, the game will run smooth for a little bit and then all the sudden my packet loss spikes to 30% then goes back down eventually....
  3. High latency spikes with 0% packet loss?

High latency spikes with 0% packet loss?: I recently built my pc and downloaded mw2, I have had it for a couple weeks, but it has been effectively unplayable. there have been some matches with less ping spikes but for most my ping will go to 999 or 500+ every couple second and then stop for a bit, then continue. I...
  4. High latency spikes with 0% packet loss?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    High latency spikes with 0% packet loss?: I recently built my pc and downloaded mw2, I have had it for a couple weeks, but it has been effectively unplayable. there have been some matches with less ping spikes but for most my ping will go to 999 or 500+ every couple second and then stop for a bit, then continue. I...
  5. Network Packet Loss and Ping Spikes Until I Play a Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Packet Loss and Ping Spikes Until I Play a Game: Hi. My internet is having issues with packet loss and ping spike. I'm using ethernet and have tried other connections but still have the same issue. Other devices on my network have the same issue but they don't usually lose packets or ping spike in sync with other devices....
  6. Network Packet Loss and Ping Spikes Until I Play a Game

Network Packet Loss and Ping Spikes Until I Play a Game: Hi. My internet is having issues with packet loss and ping spike. I'm using ethernet and have tried other connections but still have the same issue. Other devices on my network have the same issue but they don't usually lose packets or ping spike in sync with other devices....
  7. Network Packet Loss and Ping Spikes Until I Play a Game

8. Ping spikes and packet losses on Windows laptop

Ping spikes and packet losses on Windows laptop: Hello community!I am getting ping spikes and packet losses on my Windows laptop. Let me put here all the details.Laptop: i5 8th gen, Windows 10 pro 20H2 build no.19042.964I am using a router, dlink dir 615IN which is good, i mean it was working well past an year or so and I...
  9. Random high ping / lag spikes / packet loss rate in games/from games

Random high ping / lag spikes / packet loss rate in games/from games: For the past 2 weeks+ since I updated to Windows 10 I have been experiencing absurd lag spikes whenever i play an online game, for example my connection is 6.66mbps down and 7.47 up when on a slump at the moment. Today I was playing Valorant and Rainbow Six Siege and the...
  10. Ping spikes / Potential packet loss

Ping spikes / Potential packet loss: Good evening, Recently I have switched over to Verizon Fios as my ISP. I have a dual band USB adapter in my PC which allows me to connect to WiFi. After having Fios for 2 weeks, I have noticed that I am getting consistent Ping spikes when playing games or even browsing the...