Windows 10: I get an error ie,"vmware workstaion and hyper v are not compatible. remove the hyper v...

Discus and support I get an error ie,"vmware workstaion and hyper v are not compatible. remove the hyper v... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; while running VMware workstation I get an error disable Hyper v role before running VMware workstation.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Athira Raj, Jun 29, 2024.

1. I get an error ie,"vmware workstaion and hyper v are not compatible. remove the hyper v...

while running VMware workstation I get an error disable Hyper v role before running VMware workstation.

:)

Athira Raj, Jun 29, 2024

2. How to disable Hyper-V?

I need it for VMware, to start an VM

Vladyslav Vakhovski, Jun 29, 2024
  3. Hyper-V

Ok, you got the issue that I assumed...

To run VMware you have to remove the Hyper-V Role (like in the Massage) from your System.

To remove it you have to go to "Programs and Features" (klick the Windows Button and type "features") and there you have to remove (uncheck) the Hyper-V checkbox (this includes the Hyper-V program and the Hyper-V Tools).

When Hyper-V is removed then VMware should work.

best Regards,

Roman

Roman Wienicke (r.wienicke), Jun 29, 2024
  4. I get an error ie,"vmware workstaion and hyper v are not compatible. remove the hyper v...

Hyper V

Please Mississippi State IT student do not respond. The last of you that replied didn't know what the hell he was talking about. I will repeat my question. I opened Hyper-v and ran Fedora for about three days. I got a free copy of VMware. VMware and
    Hyper-v are not compatible. I have VMware for 30 days, I have Hyper-v forever. How do I disable Hyper-v so that VMware does not see it?

Robber_joey, Jun 29, 2024
Thema:

I get an error ie,"vmware workstaion and hyper v are not compatible. remove the hyper v...

1. I get an error ie,"vmware workstaion and hyper v are not compatible. remove the hyper v... - Similar Threads - error vmware workstaion

2. I get an error ie,"vmware workstaion and hyper v are not compatible. remove the hyper v...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get an error ie,"vmware workstaion and hyper v are not compatible. remove the hyper v...: while running VMware workstation I get an error disable Hyper v role before running VMware workstation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-an-error-ievmware-workstaion-and-hyper-v-are/7455def9-8f51-4937-a5e7-f3060fd1f20c
  3. VMware Workstation and Hyper-V are not compatible

in Windows 10 News
    VMware Workstation and Hyper-V are not compatible: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you have enabled Hyper-V previously and you are trying to install VMware or any other virtual machine creator, you may confront an error – VMware Workstation and Hyper-V are not compatible. Users face such an issue since Windows 10 [...] This post VMware...
  4. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  5. Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature: I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082 (upgraded from Windows 1151 fully updated. I had installed the Hyper-V feature in the latest Windows 1151 but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition. The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK...
  6. VMware with only Hyper-V Manager

VMware with only Hyper-V Manager: When you have Hyper-V fully installed on a Windows 10 machine, a Standard User can only access Hyper-V via a server connection. This gave me an idea. I was wondering if you could install only Hyper-V Management Tools on the host system and still be able to run VMware. In...
  7. Running Hyper-V and VMware on the same machine?

Running Hyper-V and VMware on the same machine?: As the title indicated, anybody tried running both successfully on Win 10? I've seen people doing that on Win 8 forum( Solved Hyper V and VMWare on the same machine - Page 2 ), so I'm wondering if this method would work on Win 10... Any help/pointers would be great as I...
  8. Hyper-V no sound

Hyper-V no sound: Is there anyway to get sound with the various VM's that I have created in Hyper-V ? I am currently using it in 8.1 Pro. Larry 4927
  9. Hyper V or VMWare?

Hyper V or VMWare?: While not an expert, I am fairly familiar with VMWare. I know very little about Hyper V, but have watched @Kari videos about it. I know VMWare is easier to set up and there are some features easier to use in VMWare. What I am asking is what are the advantages/disadvantages...
  10. VMWARE vs HYPER-V - difficult choice

VMWARE vs HYPER-V - difficult choice: HI there By using the bcedit trick I can run both HYPER-V VM's and VMWARE (not simultaneously though - you have to re-boot). VMWARE has the advantage of not relying on RDP for all communications - RDP could be real slow on a laggy network. You can get better response by...