Windows 10: I forgot the pin to unlock my laptop and the fingerprint reader won’t help when I try using...

Discus and support I forgot the pin to unlock my laptop and the fingerprint reader won’t help when I try using... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My question is regarding a different windows account that I have on my laptop. I forgot the password to unlock it and the laptop only shows “pin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Abhishek Gopi Kanagaraj, May 13, 2024.

1. I forgot the pin to unlock my laptop and the fingerprint reader won’t help when I try using...

My question is regarding a different windows account that I have on my laptop. I forgot the password to unlock it and the laptop only shows “pin entered incorrectly too many times”. Please help!!

:)

Abhishek Gopi Kanagaraj, May 13, 2024

2. Fingerprint reader inop, forgot pw

The fingerprint reader seems to have entered bad data and now my HP laptop (Windows 10) will only accept a password or PIN. We cannot remember either the PW or PIN. Is there a way to unlock the machine?

Richard3399, May 13, 2024
  3. Forgot laptop pin

I couldn't unlock my laptop with the fingerprint. I entered the PIN, but it says it's wrong. However, I get the option of 'forgot PIN.' If I choose that, the Microsoft account sign-in page pops up. My question is, will I be able to unlock my laptop this way without losing my files (photos, PDFs, etc.)? I don't use the laptop that much, so I have little knowledge about these things. I don't want to lose my files. Kindly guide me.

malik zubair2, May 13, 2024
  4. Mike1951 Win User

I forgot the pin to unlock my laptop and the fingerprint reader won’t help when I try using...

Prefer Fingerprint Reader use Password Instead of PIN

I just purchased a modest Toshiba laptop to replace my five year old HP laptop. Being new to W10, I am not impressed with and do not trust the use of a PIN rather than a sophisticated password.

The USB reader I bought for the Toshiba is an Eikon using Authentec driver. I dislike the apparent limitation of Windows Hello to only associate the fingerprint reader with the PIN. But my real issue is that this prevents my using the FP reader to also open my password program.

On my HP laptop, I have this capability with SimplePass. I actually attempted to install HP's SimplePass on the Toshiba, but it would not install.

Unless I'm overlooking a way to do this with W10, I'm looking for a utility that will store password(s) for use by the FP reader both for logon and accessing, at the minimum, my password program.

I do not wish to change the password for my password program to the Hello PIN just to achieve the dual function.

Any enlightenment and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike1951, May 13, 2024
Thema:

I forgot the pin to unlock my laptop and the fingerprint reader won’t help when I try using...

1. I forgot the pin to unlock my laptop and the fingerprint reader won’t help when I try using... - Similar Threads - forgot pin unlock

2. How To Unlock My Device When the PIN is not worked and I forgot the password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Unlock My Device When the PIN is not worked and I forgot the password?: When I want to sign in to my laptop, I usually type the PIN. This afternoon I open my laptop using the PIN, it was unlocked my laptop and worked well. But, this evening when I want to use my laptop again and I want to sign in my laptop, suddenly, the laptop is not going...
  3. How To Unlock My Device When the PIN is not worked and I forgot the password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Unlock My Device When the PIN is not worked and I forgot the password?: When I want to sign in to my laptop, I usually type the PIN. This afternoon I open my laptop using the PIN, it was unlocked my laptop and worked well. But, this evening when I want to use my laptop again and I want to sign in my laptop, suddenly, the laptop is not going...
  4. I forgot the pin to unlock my laptop and the fingerprint reader won’t help when I try using...

I forgot the pin to unlock my laptop and the fingerprint reader won’t help when I try using...: My question is regarding a different windows account that I have on my laptop. I forgot the password to unlock it and the laptop only shows “pin entered incorrectly too many times”. Please help!!...
  5. I wanted to use my finger reader in order to unlock my laptop and have a pin without using...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I wanted to use my finger reader in order to unlock my laptop and have a pin without using...: When trying to set a new finger or setting up a pin it would tell me that it wasn't available at the moment. That got me thinking how was that possible. After searching I found out that it was because a program called windows hello. And after turning it off, i couldn't use my...
  6. I wanted to use my finger reader in order to unlock my laptop and have a pin without using...

I wanted to use my finger reader in order to unlock my laptop and have a pin without using...: When trying to set a new finger or setting up a pin it would tell me that it wasn't available at the moment. That got me thinking how was that possible. After searching I found out that it was because a program called windows hello. And after turning it off, i couldn't use my...
  7. changed the pin number in my laptop and after that when i tried to unlock my laptop "...

changed the pin number in my laptop and after that when i tried to unlock my laptop "...: I changed the pin number in my laptop and after that when i tried to unlock my laptop " Something happened and your PIN isn't available .click to set up your pin again" shows. and i can't setup my PIN. I forgot my password and there is no forget password option there. How can...
  8. changed the pin number in my laptop and after that when i tried to unlock my laptop "...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changed the pin number in my laptop and after that when i tried to unlock my laptop "...: I changed the pin number in my laptop and after that when i tried to unlock my laptop " Something happened and your PIN isn't available .click to set up your pin again" shows. and i can't setup my PIN. I forgot my password and there is no forget password option there. How can...
  9. My HP Windows 11 Laptop is unlocked but I forgot my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP Windows 11 Laptop is unlocked but I forgot my PIN: Hello,I have an HP Windows 11, and it is unlocked, but I forgot the PIN, and I do not want to reset it. I recently cleared my TPM because it was having issues, but later when I powered my laptop on, it said that I have to reset Windows PIN, which I do not want to do because I...
  10. My HP Windows 11 Laptop is unlocked but I forgot my PIN

My HP Windows 11 Laptop is unlocked but I forgot my PIN: Hello,I have an HP Windows 11, and it is unlocked, but I forgot the PIN, and I do not want to reset it. I recently cleared my TPM because it was having issues, but later when I powered my laptop on, it said that I have to reset Windows PIN, which I do not want to do because I...