Windows 10: I forgot pin button doesn't work, and am locked out

Discus and support I forgot pin button doesn't work, and am locked out in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I need help logging into my computer.Current status- 1. PIN input-wise: my pin wouldn't work, and I've tried logging in for last hour or so and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by S.H.P., Oct 19, 2024 at 9:37 AM.

1. S.H.P. Win User

I forgot pin button doesn't work, and am locked out

Hi. I need help logging into my computer.Current status- 1. PIN input-wise: my pin wouldn't work, and I've tried logging in for last hour or so and the system has decided to locked me out for 2 hours before I can try my pin again.2. Forgot pin-wise: that link pops up some times, and other times no. Even when that forgot pin link is shown on screen, it won't lead me anywhere, just keeps turning on the screen with the clock and back to the page where it asks you fir your pin again. So, no other log in options are available. And before you might ask, my computer was and still is connected to inte

:)

2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

I forgot pin button doesn't work, and am locked out 233722d1557862791t-windows-doesn-t-start-authomatic-repair-doesn-t-work-hdd-test-1-.png

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

3. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Try the steps here:

• Navigate to PC Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options. Click on I forgot my PIN link.
    • Next, click on the Continue button in the Are you sure you forgot your PIN? screen.
    • You can now add a new PIN and click OK.

Gina_on_the_thread, Oct 19, 2024 at 10:17 AM
  4. I forgot pin button doesn't work, and am locked out

"I forgot my pin" option in lock screen not working

Thank you for the solution.

I turned off the option you told me in settings. Now the password option also showing. But lock screen forgot pin or forgot password option not working.

If wifi is not connected, when i press 'forgot password' it says I want a internet connection. But when I connect wifi and try nothing happens (loading circle appear for few seconds)

But for 'forgot pin' , nothing happens whether or not the internet connection connected.

I guess, I have to try windows reintall step. I upgrade windows 11 from 22h2 to 23h2 version using the same method you mentioned. (Using official iso). I downloaded that iso after a few days that version was released. Can I use that iso for reinstall or do I have to download iso now? (Has the iso on site been updated?)

Damindu Jayasinghe, Oct 19, 2024 at 10:17 AM
Thema:

I forgot pin button doesn't work, and am locked out

1. I forgot pin button doesn't work, and am locked out - Similar Threads - forgot pin button

2. I forgot pin button doesn't work, and am locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot pin button doesn't work, and am locked out: Hi. I need help logging into my computer.Current status- 1. PIN input-wise: my pin wouldn't work, and I've tried logging in for last hour or so and the system has decided to locked me out for 2 hours before I can try my pin again.2. Forgot pin-wise: that link pops up some...
  3. The “I forgot my PIN” button doesn’t work.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The “I forgot my PIN” button doesn’t work.: My computer made me choose a new PIN this morning, and I forgot the new PIN, and so when I tried to login to my computer later in the day it wouldn’t let me on. Whenever I click the “I forgot my PIN” option when trying to sign in, it just sends me back to the Lock Screen but...
  4. The “I forgot my PIN” button doesn’t work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The “I forgot my PIN” button doesn’t work.: My computer made me choose a new PIN this morning, and I forgot the new PIN, and so when I tried to login to my computer later in the day it wouldn’t let me on. Whenever I click the “I forgot my PIN” option when trying to sign in, it just sends me back to the Lock Screen but...
  5. The “I forgot my PIN” button doesn’t work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. What do I do when the I forgot my pin button doesn't work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do when the I forgot my pin button doesn't work?: I forgot my PIN for windows hello now i cant get in to my computer. When I press i forgot my pin it sends me back to the start screen and nothing appears. Im using another computer for this so i cant take a screenshot...
  7. What do I do when the I forgot my pin button doesn't work?

What do I do when the I forgot my pin button doesn't work?: I forgot my PIN for windows hello now i cant get in to my computer. When I press i forgot my pin it sends me back to the start screen and nothing appears. Im using another computer for this so i cant take a screenshot...
  8. "i forgot my pin" doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "i forgot my pin" doesn't work: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Karddo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/z7a1ye/i_forgot_my_pin_doesnt_work/
  9. I AM LOCKED OUT OF MY LAPTOP MY PIN DOESN'T WORK , WHAT CAN I DO?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I AM LOCKED OUT OF MY LAPTOP MY PIN DOESN'T WORK , WHAT CAN I DO?: I AM LOCKED OUT OF MY LAPTOP MY PIN DOESN'T WORK , WHAT CAN I DO? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-locked-out-of-my-laptop-my-pin-doesnt-work/695075a8-0449-419a-93de-166fd04f9348
  10. I AM LOCKED OUT OF MY LAPTOP MY PIN DOESN'T WORK , WHAT CAN I DO?

I AM LOCKED OUT OF MY LAPTOP MY PIN DOESN'T WORK , WHAT CAN I DO?: I AM LOCKED OUT OF MY LAPTOP MY PIN DOESN'T WORK , WHAT CAN I DO? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-locked-out-of-my-laptop-my-pin-doesnt-work/695075a8-0449-419a-93de-166fd04f9348