Windows 10: I fixed an issue that wouldn't let me download or install anything from the Microsoft Store...

Discus and support I fixed an issue that wouldn't let me download or install anything from the Microsoft Store... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Maybe this will help you as well. I went to install Halo from the Xbox app, and it kept failing. I tried to install from the Microsoft Store, and that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nope689, Dec 15, 2021.

1. nope689 Win User

I fixed an issue that wouldn't let me download or install anything from the Microsoft Store...

Maybe this will help you as well. I went to install Halo from the Xbox app, and it kept failing. I tried to install from the Microsoft Store, and that kept failing. I realized that it wasn't installing any apps at all, including Visual C++ updates. I kept getting errors that said something like "Couldn't connect to the internet" or "Couldn't connect to this service." I believe the error code was 0x80072f30. I read all kinds of forums and tried everything I could think of...This is what fixed it:Open the Settings app and click on Network & InternetOn the Status page, click on the bottom opt

:)

nope689, Dec 15, 2021

2. Now wouldn´t that b a cool feature...

Hi,

I just read an article in the new Linux magazine on the use of Ramdisks. Using those as a file system can drastically speed up read and write performance. That would be a cool feature to build in the OS of mobile phones that hold a memory card anyway, wouldn´t
    it. Then saving a large Excel sheet wouldn´t take ages as it does now (on my E61 anyway), but just a few seconds...

Regards,

hendikoischnur, Dec 15, 2021
  3. Nothing ever downloads and installs on Microsoft Store.

Uninstall third-party firewall and antivirus software.

Completely Uninstall Avast software using aswClear.exe:

1. Download aswClear.exe on to your desktop
    2. Start Windows in Safe Mode
    3. Open (execute) the uninstall utility
    4. If you installed avast! in a different folder than the default, browse for it. (Note: Be careful! The content of any folder you choose will be deleted!)
    5. Click REMOVE
    6. Restart your computer

Reset Windows Firewall to find out if the problem resolves.

Sometimes you might be able to fix the problem with Windows Store simply by resetting Windows Update services. Open the Command Prompt by typing cmd.exe into Start Menu, right-click on Cmd.exe, and open it as an administrator.

1. When Command Prompt starts, run the following commands:
      • net stop wuauserv
      • net stop bits
      • rename c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
      • net start wuauserv
      • net start bits
    After doing that, try to start Windows Store again and check if the problem with Windows Store games is still there.

To reset the Microsoft Store app in Windows 10, do the following.

• Open Settings.
    • Go to Apps -> Apps & features.
    • On the right side, look for Microsoft Store and click it.
    • The advanced options link will appear. Click it.
    • On the next page, click on the Reset button to reset Microsoft Store to default settings.

Run the troubleshooter: Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Install the latest updates.

Log out of Microsoft Store, according to users, if you’re having issues while downloading Microsoft Store games, you might want to try logging out and logging back in.

Start Microsoft Store.
    Click the user icon in the top right corner and select your account.
    Can't download from Microsoft Store Windows 10
    Click the Sign out button.
    Windows 10 Store not downloading apps
    Select the user icon and choose Sign in from the menu.
    Can't install apps from Windows Store
    Select your account from the list and click Continue.
    Windows Store stuck on downloading
    Enter your password and you’ll be signed in to Microsoft Store again.

After making these changes, check if the problem with Windows Store games is resolved.

If nothing works create new user account to check problem resolves.

FreeBooter, Dec 15, 2021
  4. A_S00 Win User

I fixed an issue that wouldn't let me download or install anything from the Microsoft Store...

How can I free up space taken up by an incomplete Microsoft Store download?

Found the solution. Steps I used to fix this:

1. Open the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder, which is where the Windows Store puts its downloads. The WindowsApps folder isn't permissioned to normal users, so this has to be done using some utility that's being run as administrator (either a command prompt window, or some other file manager like 7zip; h/t ManSamVampire for the 7zip suggestion). DO NOT assign ownership of the WindowsApps folder to your own user account to gain access to it, as doing so will cause major problems and can't be easily undone (h/t Ramhound's answer for this warning).
    2. Sort the subfolders inside WindowsApps by the date they were last modified; this will let you easily find the folders that have recently had new stuff put into them.
    3. In my case, the offending subfolder was called MSIXVC, which is apparently a type of installer used by the Windows Store. Inside, I had an anomalous 37GB file created last night with no file extension, called "8BBF2763-A1C6-4F1B-96CA-B79DD5FDA4EE". Given that this file was enormous, created at the right time, and in a subfolder suggesting it was an installer, I concluded that this was the droid I was looking for.
    4. From within your run-as-administrator utility, delete the offending file. I deleted the ginormous, bafflingly-named file from the MSIXVC folder, and lo and behold I had all my disk space back!

Now redownloading and installing Outer Worlds. This time I'll know better than to turn off my computer partway through.

A_S00, Dec 15, 2021
Thema:

1. I fixed an issue that wouldn't let me download or install anything from the Microsoft Store... - Similar Threads - fixed issue wouldn't

2. I fixed an issue that wouldn't let me download or install anything from the Microsoft Store...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I fixed an issue that wouldn't let me download or install anything from the Microsoft Store...: Maybe this will help you as well. I went to install Halo from the Xbox app, and it kept failing. I tried to install from the Microsoft Store, and that kept failing. I realized that it wasn't installing any apps at all, including Visual C++ updates. I kept getting errors that...
  3. I fixed an issue that wouldn't let me download or install anything from the Microsoft Store...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I fixed an issue that wouldn't let me download or install anything from the Microsoft Store...: Maybe this will help you as well. I went to install Halo from the Xbox app, and it kept failing. I tried to install from the Microsoft Store, and that kept failing. I realized that it wasn't installing any apps at all, including Visual C++ updates. I kept getting errors that...
  4. Microsoft store won't let me download anything

Microsoft store won't let me download anything: So, I'm trying to download Forza Horizon 5, I choose which drive to install it on, and after that it loads for a minute, and crashes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-wont-let-me-download-anything/b397eb65-548f-4998-8216-b5f408b5cc90
  5. Microsoft store won't let me download anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store won't let me download anything: So, I'm trying to download Forza Horizon 5, I choose which drive to install it on, and after that it loads for a minute, and crashes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-wont-let-me-download-anything/b397eb65-548f-4998-8216-b5f408b5cc90
  6. Microsoft store won't let me download anything

7. Microsoft store will not let me update or install anything

Microsoft store will not let me update or install anything: so it all started about 2 months ago when I went to install the Xbox app on my pc. when I went to install it it said "there was an error on our end" and it said try again later. so I waited a couple days and tried again, it said the same thing so I gave up. today 11/9/21 I...
  8. microsoft store won't let me download anything

microsoft store won't let me download anything: The same problem that keeps coming up when I get th message: Microsoft Account Problem. I click on it to fix it and a rectangle comes up and it's blank and does nothing. Now the same rectangle comes up when I want to download from the store. I click get, and the rectangle...
  9. Microsoft store not letting me download ANYTHING

Microsoft store not letting me download ANYTHING: I have tried every single "fix" that I can find and nothing has worked! Every time i try to hit the install button, it goes away, but then when i go to the installing tab, nothings there. upon going back to the ready to install tab, the install button is there again....
  10. The Microsoft store won't let me download anything

The Microsoft store won't let me download anything: I've had my computer for a while, its a good computer, it has served me well. One thing, however, that is not serving me well is this: When I try to download things from the Microsoft store, it simply. Just. Won't let me. Instead of downloading whatever it is I try to...