Windows 10: i downloaded updates from the setiings , but can't install them by restarting or shutdown

Discus and support i downloaded updates from the setiings , but can't install them by restarting or shutdown in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i have tried most of the guides on internet but it isnot working .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by seer1213, Apr 27, 2024.

1. seer1213 Win User

i downloaded updates from the setiings , but can't install them by restarting or shutdown

i have tried most of the guides on internet but it isnot working .

:)

seer1213, Apr 27, 2024
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Quick Tip: Easily Shutdown or Restart WITHOUT Installing Updates.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has been in the situation of needing to shutdown a computer quickly, but there are updates waiting to install. Previous to Windows 8 you could at least restart without being forced to install the updates, and if you are quick you could hit the power button when the computer begins to POST and the computer will turn off. With Windows 8, now even restarting forces you to install the updates. You could use the cmd and Shutdown.exe to shutdown the machine, but I'm getting old and try to avoid the command prompt as much as possible.

Anyway, the easy way I've found to Shutdown or Restart without being forced to install the updates is to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and use the power button in the bottom right on the screen that comes up. For whatever reason, this power button is the only one I've found in Windows 7/8 that gives the option to Shutdown or Restart without installing the updates.

Thought I'd share.

newtekie1, Apr 27, 2024
  3. little cat, Apr 27, 2024
  4. i downloaded updates from the setiings , but can't install them by restarting or shutdown

Quick Tip: Easily Shutdown or Restart WITHOUT Installing Updates.

Also, you could create a shortcut on your desktop called "Restart" using what I've put in the code block below. *Toast :toast:

Restart
    Code: %windir%\System32\Shutdown.exe -f -r -t 00[/quote] Shutdown
    Code: %windir%\System32\Shutdown.exe -f -t 00[/quote] By using "-t 00" it restarts instantly with out waiting 30 seconds. *Wink i downloaded updates from the setiings , but can't install them by restarting or shutdown ;)

-f = force
    -r = restart
    -t = time

Mindweaver, Apr 27, 2024
Thema:

i downloaded updates from the setiings , but can't install them by restarting or shutdown

1. i downloaded updates from the setiings , but can't install them by restarting or shutdown - Similar Threads - downloaded updates setiings

2. i downloaded updates from the setiings , but can't install them by restarting or shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i downloaded updates from the setiings , but can't install them by restarting or shutdown: i have tried most of the guides on internet but it isnot working . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-updates-from-the-setiings-but-cant/d7d918dc-bd70-4839-976e-13096e3bf16c
  3. i downloaded updates from the setiings , but can't install them by restarting or shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i downloaded updates from the setiings , but can't install them by restarting or shutdown: i have tried most of the guides on internet but it isnot working . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-updates-from-the-setiings-but-cant/d7d918dc-bd70-4839-976e-13096e3bf16c
  4. Laptop that can't shutdown and directly restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop that can't shutdown and directly restart: Asus tuf laptopI have Asus Tuf with windows 11 in it. When i shutdown my computer it switch in sleep mode then restart. The only way to shut it down without it restarting is to use the shutdown button directly in the laptop. Please help.I disabled all restart or wake from...
  5. Laptop that can't shutdown and directly restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop that can't shutdown and directly restart: Asus tuf laptopI have Asus Tuf with windows 11 in it. When i shutdown my computer it switch in sleep mode then restart. The only way to shut it down without it restarting is to use the shutdown button directly in the laptop. Please help.I disabled all restart or wake from...
  6. How to stop Windows 11 from updating on shutdown or restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Windows 11 from updating on shutdown or restart?: I've been using Windows 11 on my work laptop for over a year with no problems with automatic updates whatsoever.Note that I am a software engineer and use a dual boot configuration with Linux and Windows 11. I use my laptop all day long at work, often rebooting, and REQUIRE...
  7. Restarting but showing as update and shutdown

Restarting but showing as update and shutdown: Hello, everytime i click on update and shutdown, it is updating and restarting automatically. Can anyone explain why it is restarting everytime?...
  8. Update and shutdown or restart can't be removed

Update and shutdown or restart can't be removed: Hello Any ideas on what seems to be the problem? I tried windows update 2004 for the 3rd time already and I can still see the update and sbutdown or restart. It is supposed to be shutdown and restart already because the windows update is done. I also tried disabling windows...
  9. Update and shutdown actually restarted and then shutdown!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update and shutdown actually restarted and then shutdown!: Either I missed an important update change, or I am going crazy. The idea of Windows Update shutting down, just to be greeted by the finishing update when turning the computer back on was annoying to say the least. I know there was talks about requesting the update and...
  10. Can't shutdown PC; can't restart explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't shutdown PC; can't restart explorer.exe: windows 10 pro version 2004 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-shutdown-pc-cant-restart-explorerexe/4fe3cd59-799f-4848-999a-f3ba45f95a30