Windows 10: I downloaded a malicious .exe and now i need admin access to do any action.

Discus and support I downloaded a malicious .exe and now i need admin access to do any action. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, i need help, my problem is weird,i downloaded that malicious .exe by accident and realised that it was too late when i launched it, now everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HDome Bga, May 28, 2024.

1. HDome Bga Win User

I downloaded a malicious .exe and now i need admin access to do any action.

Hey, i need help, my problem is weird,i downloaded that malicious .exe by accident and realised that it was too late when i launched it, now everything on my pc needs admin access,i cant even create .txt files anymore, when i drag something it says "Please confirm that action......" etc etc

:)

HDome Bga, May 28, 2024

2. Windows Security "Limited access by IT Admin"

Step 1:

• Save Fixlist.txt in the same folder where EnglishFRST64.exe is.
    • Close all program windows.
    • Launch the Farbar Scanner tool and click "Fix".
    • Upload the output log file (FixLog.txt) to your OneDrive.
    • Reboot Windows when prompted.

Step 2:

Ensure the system is connected to the internet.

From an admin Command Prompt, run:

• dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

And then run:

• SFC /scannow

After the command completes, reboot Windows.

Open Windows Security and check the status of your antivirus.

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 28, 2024
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 28, 2024
  4. I downloaded a malicious .exe and now i need admin access to do any action.

malicious software removal tool

Hi Alex,

We would like to know more about the issue by answering the following questions below:

• Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool?
    • What is the last action taken before this issue happens?

We suggest that you check this link for more details regarding your issue:
    The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) helps remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running supported versions of Windows.

We look forward to your response.

Anthony Gal, May 28, 2024
Thema:

I downloaded a malicious .exe and now i need admin access to do any action.

1. I downloaded a malicious .exe and now i need admin access to do any action. - Similar Threads - downloaded malicious exe

2. i need access to log in from IT admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need access to log in from IT admin: i need access to log in from IT admin in teams https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-access-to-log-in-from-it-admin/08c75642-0135-4f81-a4c5-2e3f0406ea34
  3. i need access to log in from IT admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need access to log in from IT admin: i need access to log in from IT admin in teams https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-access-to-log-in-from-it-admin/08c75642-0135-4f81-a4c5-2e3f0406ea34
  4. I downloaded a malicious .exe and now i need admin access to do any action.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I downloaded a malicious .exe and now i need admin access to do any action.: Hey, i need help, my problem is weird,i downloaded that malicious .exe by accident and realised that it was too late when i launched it, now everything on my pc needs admin access,i cant even create .txt files anymore, when i drag something it says "Please confirm that...
  5. I downloaded a malicious .exe and now i need admin access to do any action.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downloaded a malicious .exe and now i need admin access to do any action.: Hey, i need help, my problem is weird,i downloaded that malicious .exe by accident and realised that it was too late when i launched it, now everything on my pc needs admin access,i cant even create .txt files anymore, when i drag something it says "Please confirm that...
  6. do I need to have network access protection turned on in action center?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    do I need to have network access protection turned on in action center?: In system and security settings, action center, I have everything on except Network Access Protection. Is that something most basic users need? Other items turned on are: Firewall, defender, virus protection, user account control, smart screen etc. Just wondered if I need to...
  7. do I need to have network access protection turned on in action center?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    do I need to have network access protection turned on in action center?: In system and security settings, action center, I have everything on except Network Access Protection. Is that something most basic users need? Other items turned on are: Firewall, defender, virus protection, user account control, smart screen etc. Just wondered if I need to...
  8. I need admin access when I am the admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need admin access when I am the admin: When I go to change my time zone in control panel, it says I need administrator access when I am in an admin account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-admin-access-when-i-am-the-admin/44b16390-a6de-4f5c-aec2-67f350c8fad8
  9. I don't have access to any online actions in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have access to any online actions in games: I am trying to play trail makers and when I try to do anything online it says "your account cannot use this feature please check your account settings if you want access" I have checked them and I have my settings to allow online games and such but it wont let me. I also have...
  10. How do I get rid of the "desktop" admin that keeps telling me i need admin access?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get rid of the "desktop" admin that keeps telling me i need admin access?: This phantom admin is running my computer and I have no permissions.. I would like to delate him. (I am already an admin but that does not seem to matter...