Windows 10: I don't have access to anything and I think it's because I'm a guest user. I'm pretty sure...

Discus and support I don't have access to anything and I think it's because I'm a guest user. I'm pretty sure... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an Asus ROG Strix Windows 11 and I can't open any "important" things. If I do Windows+R, then type netplwiz, then a popup shows up that says "Do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Zohair Ahmed, Nov 5, 2023.

1. I don't have access to anything and I think it's because I'm a guest user. I'm pretty sure...

I have an Asus ROG Strix Windows 11 and I can't open any "important" things. If I do Windows+R, then type netplwiz, then a popup shows up that says "Do you want this app to make changes to your device: Advanced User Accounts Control Panel. I would usually be pressing yes, but there is no yes button. I think the reason is that my account is a guest account, but there is only one account on this pc. I'm pretty sure my account became a guest account when I put my PIN in wrong too many times. It also asks me for a startup "challenge" every time turn on my computer, such as A1B2C3. How can I t

:)

Zohair Ahmed, Nov 5, 2023
  2. tobi9595 Win User

Access network drive after autologin with another user not possible

Hello together,

I´ve got the following problem:

The PC I´m talking about is configured with a general autologon user. Is the user logged in, he has the possibility to connect to a network drive to access his specific files with the personal user, which are stored on the server . Before the user get´s
    access, he is asked for his credentials. Now there are three different situations that occured:

1. I have access
    2. I have no access (Failure report: "You cant access \xxxxx\xxx..... . You don´t have the rights for the access to...")
    3. First I have no access, after about ~5 minutes I got access.

I´m not sure, but I think it could be that he get my credentials, but nevertheless accesses the network drive with the rights from the general autologon user, not from the personalized user.

If I log off the general user after autologon and log in with my personal user on the PC, there are no problems with the access. But unfortunaly this is not a solution.

Anyone with the same problem or with some suggestions to solve this problem?

Best regards!

tobi9595, Nov 5, 2023
  3. Pentium M

Not sure what I'm looking at. Though when I do go to Options and then CPU it lists my CPU
    as Intel Pentium M processor 1.73 GHz, and then under that it lists speed: 799.9 MHz
    and then features and cache size.I ran the benchmark test and don't understand all
    those numbers, but while testing I checked CPUZ and it still says it is running at 800 MHz.

boise49ers, Nov 5, 2023
  4. Vesao Win User

I don't have access to anything and I think it's because I'm a guest user. I'm pretty sure...

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Nov 5, 2023
Thema:

I don't have access to anything and I think it's because I'm a guest user. I'm pretty sure...

1. I don't have access to anything and I think it's because I'm a guest user. I'm pretty sure... - Similar Threads - don't access anything

2. I can't seem to get rid of this application that I'm pretty sure is a virus....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't seem to get rid of this application that I'm pretty sure is a virus....: My computer contracted a virus from either a Minecraft shader pack or an ad I accidentally clicked while getting the shaders.The gui is like a little speed dial that says PC accelerate. A suspiciously big button says REMOVE NOW! It pops up every time boot up the computer.Its...
  3. I can't seem to get rid of this application that I'm pretty sure is a virus....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't seem to get rid of this application that I'm pretty sure is a virus....: My computer contracted a virus from either a Minecraft shader pack or an ad I accidentally clicked while getting the shaders.The gui is like a little speed dial that says PC accelerate. A suspiciously big button says REMOVE NOW! It pops up every time boot up the computer.Its...
  4. I don't have access to anything and I think it's because I'm a guest user. I'm pretty sure...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't have access to anything and I think it's because I'm a guest user. I'm pretty sure...: I have an Asus ROG Strix Windows 11 and I can't open any "important" things. If I do Windows+R, then type netplwiz, then a popup shows up that says "Do you want this app to make changes to your device: Advanced User Accounts Control Panel. I would usually be pressing yes, but...
  5. I'm pretty sure I don't have the Microsoft Store? How do I get it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm pretty sure I don't have the Microsoft Store? How do I get it?: I don't see the Microsoft Store in my list of apps. I'm fairly sure that Windows 11 is supposed to have it preinstalled, but it isn't. How do I get it? Windows 11 is generally a bit buggy for me. It keeps telling me that I need a new app for the 'ms-gamingoverlay' link, and...
  6. I'm pretty sure I don't have the Microsoft Store? How do I get it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm pretty sure I don't have the Microsoft Store? How do I get it?: I don't see the Microsoft Store in my list of apps. I'm fairly sure that Windows 11 is supposed to have it preinstalled, but it isn't. How do I get it? Windows 11 is generally a bit buggy for me. It keeps telling me that I need a new app for the 'ms-gamingoverlay' link, and...
  7. Sound isn't working. I've tried everything, I'm pretty sure, but is there anything else I...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound isn't working. I've tried everything, I'm pretty sure, but is there anything else I...: I got this laptop on Cyber Monday. It's the HP Pavilion Laptop 15t-eg000 with the Intel i7 Core and Intel Iris Xe Graphics card. One of the very first things I did was download some video games. And then after a couple weeks, I went ahead and updated all of my drivers over a...
  8. Have internet access, but some programs don't think I'm online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Have internet access, but some programs don't think I'm online: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1909, and I went to update Origin, and it keeps saying I don't have internet access, but I do, if I managed to connect to this site and type this message. I was even playing WoW online while trying to figure this out. Windows 10 says "No...
  9. I can't tell if it's right or wrong, but I'm pretty sure the answer is 18.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't tell if it's right or wrong, but I'm pretty sure the answer is 18.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Vamshi_Goud [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dtid83/i_cant_tell_if_its_right_or_wrong_but_im_pretty/
  10. I'm pretty sure I just bricked my computer...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm pretty sure I just bricked my computer...: So, I had an issue for a while on my computer. I finally looked it up, and the issue could be fixed by a chkdsk. It failed, and then I was in a recovery loop. I looked through the cmd prompt (which was the only thing I could use), and found that the boot had an issue. The...