Windows 10: I didn’t set up bitlocker recovery, now my system is prompting a bitlocker recovery key...

Discus and support I didn’t set up bitlocker recovery, now my system is prompting a bitlocker recovery key... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I woke up this morning to see my HP Elitebook asking for a BitLocker Recovery key. I suspect the BitLocker recovery was triggered after an overnight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kachimaglobal, Sep 18, 2024 at 8:02 AM.

1. I didn’t set up bitlocker recovery, now my system is prompting a bitlocker recovery key...

I woke up this morning to see my HP Elitebook asking for a BitLocker Recovery key. I suspect the BitLocker recovery was triggered after an overnight system update. I have never set up a BitLocker in my device before, therefore I don’t have a recovery key saved anywhere. This is my personal device and I don’t share it with anyone. Is there any other way to access the device without imputing the recovery key?

:)

Kachimaglobal, Sep 18, 2024 at 8:02 AM
  2. vRah Win User
  3. saqib_415 Win User
    Lost bitlocker recovery key

I have lost my bitlocker recovery key and tried following the recovery steps. I have also searched and tried following the command prompts suggested but none have worked.

4. I didn’t set up bitlocker recovery, now my system is prompting a bitlocker recovery key...

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 18, 2024 at 8:07 AM
Thema:

I didn’t set up bitlocker recovery, now my system is prompting a bitlocker recovery key...

1. I didn’t set up bitlocker recovery, now my system is prompting a bitlocker recovery key... - Similar Threads - didn’t set bitlocker

2. I didn’t set up bitlocker recovery, now my system is prompting a bitlocker recovery key...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I didn’t set up bitlocker recovery, now my system is prompting a bitlocker recovery key...: I woke up this morning to see my HP Elitebook asking for a BitLocker Recovery key. I suspect the BitLocker recovery was triggered after an overnight system update. I have never set up a BitLocker in my device before, therefore I don’t have a recovery key saved anywhere. This...
  3. I didn’t set up bitlocker recovery, now my system is prompting a bitlocker recovery key...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I didn’t set up bitlocker recovery, now my system is prompting a bitlocker recovery key...: I woke up this morning to see my HP Elitebook asking for a BitLocker Recovery key. I suspect the BitLocker recovery was triggered after an overnight system update. I have never set up a BitLocker in my device before, therefore I don’t have a recovery key saved anywhere. This...
  4. Bitlocker recovery key prompt

Bitlocker recovery key prompt: Hello,I was prompted for bitlocker recovery key when I tried to boot my windows 10 laptob recently 29th Jan, 2024.Did the recent security update trigger this for anyone else or is it alarming that my device could be compromised? I have run some scans and didn't find any...
  5. Bitlocker recovery key prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key prompt: Hello,I was prompted for bitlocker recovery key when I tried to boot my windows 10 laptob recently 29th Jan, 2024.Did the recent security update trigger this for anyone else or is it alarming that my device could be compromised? I have run some scans and didn't find any...
  6. Bitlocker recovery key prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Bitlocker recovery prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery prompt: Hello,I am having a bit locker recovery prompt, and when i log into my MS account I don't have the keys stored in it as it says no keys found.I have reached out to MS support and they have simply put me through to the manufacturer saying its a hardware issue.Can you please...
  8. Bitlocker recovery prompt

Bitlocker recovery prompt: Hello,I am having a bit locker recovery prompt, and when i log into my MS account I don't have the keys stored in it as it says no keys found.I have reached out to MS support and they have simply put me through to the manufacturer saying its a hardware issue.Can you please...
  9. Suddenly prompted for Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Suddenly prompted for Bitlocker recovery key: Hi, I rebooted my Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 Pro (latest updates), and out of the blue I was prompted for a Bitlocker recovery key. I assume this has to do with hard disk encryption, but I have never enabled this. I just clicked continue to Windows 10 and everything...
  10. BitLocker recovery key prompt on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker recovery key prompt on startup: Hello Support, My Dell Inspiron 15 does not have a TPM and still I am being asked for a recovery key every time I start my laptop all of a sudden. I have to retype the recovery key every time I start the lappy. Can anyone help. Thanks, Kala...