Windows 10: I deleted a local account on my computer to free up storage space, but none of the space it...

Discus and support I deleted a local account on my computer to free up storage space, but none of the space it... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been running low on storage lately, so I decided to remove one of the local accounts on my laptop Windows 10 to free up a good chunk of space.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by William Zhang5, Jul 11, 2024.

1. I deleted a local account on my computer to free up storage space, but none of the space it...

I have been running low on storage lately, so I decided to remove one of the local accounts on my laptop Windows 10 to free up a good chunk of space. After pressing the button to remove the account, I simply watched to see if the account disappeared from the list of local accounts and once it did, I closed my settings. However, I may have closed it too early and after restarting, none of the storage was freed up. Can anyone let me know if I messed up, and if there's anything that I can do to fix it?

:)

William Zhang5, Jul 11, 2024

2. Reclaim storage space after user account deleted - Windows 10

Hi Kim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about storage space on your device used by another user. We will help you with this issue.

As you have not deleted the user account along with the content this issue might have occurred.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Do you wish to save the deleted account files/ folders on your device?
    • Where exactly are you looking for the disk space on your device?

You will have to copy the deleted user account information into the existing user account.

To do so, follow the below steps:

You can log-in with the existing account (Make sure it is an administrator account), try to access
    This PC and copy the contents from the old user account to a newly created user account.

Steps:

• Press Windows + E, click on
      This PC in the left pane.
    • Double click on C: drive (Usually where the operating system is being installed)
    • Double click on Users and older user profile folder.
    • Copy all the content from that user profile to the newly created user profile.
    • Once you copy the content try to delete the folders of previous account.

To reduce the disk space on your device refer to the Microsoft help article:
    Free up drive space on your PC
    and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 11, 2024
  3. GMail Accounts Get 3 GB of Storage Space

When GMail was first unleashed in 2004, its 1GB of storage space quickly put it ahead of the competition. Now, GMail is looking to further that previous lead, by booting storage space up to 3GB. The reason behind GMail's new storage space is a simple lack of space in some GMail accounts. Google saw a problem, and quickly found a way to fix it. Google Apps will also have storage space increased to 3GB, and Premier Google Apps members will get between 10 and 25GB of storage space.

Source: Neoseeker

zekrahminator, Jul 11, 2024
  4. dalchina Win User

I deleted a local account on my computer to free up storage space, but none of the space it...

Storage Space and Space Pooling in x32Win10ProV20H2

Thank you very much for your reply.

You don't show a screenshot, so I am uncertain to which part of the process of creating a storage space you are referring. I pointed you to the tutorials. I now provide you with a screenshot of part of one of them, which shows a warning which might be what you are referring to.

I deleted a local account on my computer to free up storage space, but none of the space it... 312436d1609142641t-storage-space-space-pooling-x32win10prov20h2-1.png

Your question about double storage / redundancy appears to relate to the normal operation of storage spaces once configured, so seems obscure.

My impression is that few here have used storage spaces.

Note too the warning in
    Create a New Pool and Storage Space in Windows 10

dalchina, Jul 11, 2024
Thema:

I deleted a local account on my computer to free up storage space, but none of the space it...

1. I deleted a local account on my computer to free up storage space, but none of the space it... - Similar Threads - deleted local account

2. I deleted a local account on my computer to free up storage space, but none of the space it...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I deleted a local account on my computer to free up storage space, but none of the space it...: I have been running low on storage lately, so I decided to remove one of the local accounts on my laptop Windows 10 to free up a good chunk of space. After pressing the button to remove the account, I simply watched to see if the account disappeared from the list of local...
  3. I deleted a local account on my computer to free up storage space, but none of the space it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted a local account on my computer to free up storage space, but none of the space it...: I have been running low on storage lately, so I decided to remove one of the local accounts on my laptop Windows 10 to free up a good chunk of space. After pressing the button to remove the account, I simply watched to see if the account disappeared from the list of local...
  4. How can I free up storage space?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I free up storage space?: Hi, I am trying to free up some storage space, and when I view the properties of my users folder it says (after counting all the files for some seconds) that the size on disk is 202GB. When I go into the folder, adding up the size of each folder within the users folder gives...
  5. Free up storage space

Free up storage space: Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place, but I just wasn't sure where else to put this. My laptop has barely any storage space left, and that's because 174 gigabytes of it are being used by apps. The problem is, I don't have many apps with large sizes, I just have tons of apps...
  6. One drive Free up space option deleted my local files

in Windows 10 Customization
    One drive Free up space option deleted my local files: Hello community , I had an issue with my one drive , i used the free up space feature there was files that exists localy and not online . After that a lot of my local files have been deleted and i can't find them anywhere . no versions was pushed online . is there a...
  7. Storage Spaces saying no free space, but I appear to have ~6TB of space free

Storage Spaces saying no free space, but I appear to have ~6TB of space free: Album with a few photos showing the issue and my configuration. This issue is likely of mine own doing, but I don't know enough about Storage Spaces to know where I went wrong. I began the pool with 4x8TB drives, then added 2x10TB drives later on. I recently safely removed...
  8. Free storage space

Free storage space: I am having trouble clearing storage on my PC disk. My laptop has used 28.9 GB of 29 GB. I deleted apps and files. The use of storage on this laptop is now at 28.3 GB. I want to at least delete 10 GB or clear the disk out. I am trying to restore my iPhone using the iTunes app...
  9. disk storage: freeing up space

disk storage: freeing up space: Microsoft: In the change how free up space automatically, I had 3.08 GB of space freed up. But it dropped down to 3.06 GB. I managed to free up space and it went up to 3.07 but now, it dropped down to 2.73 GB. What happened there? Is it a bug or is that normal or what is...
  10. freeing up storage space to speed up my comp.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    freeing up storage space to speed up my comp.: just upgraded pc from win.8.1 to win. 10 home works great but need to speed it up cause have a lot of stuff not being used for along time. nit backed all up on the upgrade...