Windows 10: I chose a folder for my slide show. It worked. Years later, I changed the name of that...

Discus and support I chose a folder for my slide show. It worked. Years later, I changed the name of that... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A folder on my auxiliary hard drive contains about 10,000 photos. Years ago, I selected a folder called "Botanical Gardens Boothbay & others" for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MaineGrammy, Jun 29, 2024 at 8:02 AM.

1. I chose a folder for my slide show. It worked. Years later, I changed the name of that...

A folder on my auxiliary hard drive contains about 10,000 photos. Years ago, I selected a folder called "Botanical Gardens Boothbay & others" for my slide show obviously, there are no quotes in its name.Recently, I decided to change that folder's name to "Botanical Gardens and slide show photos." Then I went into Browse and clicked on that folder's new name. But instead of the slide show, I got a black screen that explained that it could not access "Botanical Gardens Boothbay & others." Well, of course not--I changed the name and told it so! I browsed again and selected a differe

:)

2. hwalka Win User

My wonderful slide show is gone

Up until a few days ago, I had a wonderful slide show on, I think, my lock screen. When the computer was idle for a while, the slide show would scroll through through different folders from different years in my picture folder, changing every 10 seconds.
    The photos showed up in varying tile arrangements. It was great! Within the last few days this slide show disappeared. Now, photos don't change every 10 sec, and aren't in the nice tile format, and don't come from a variety of folders. I have gone to lock
    screen settings to try to get back what I had. The 10 second option is not there and I can't seem to get the range of photos that I had. Did I have something that was not the Microsoft slide show?

I tried doing a system reset for a few days ago and that did not work. I also did try some suggestions of entering a phrase in the run box to go back to an old slide but that did not work.

thank you for any suggestions.

HWD

3. Changing order of photos in a file folder for a slide show Windows 10

I know the thread is old but I just had the same question, fixed it a minute later. It may be dumb but it did work for me. I mad a second folder and put the pictures in with names of the order I wanted them in. 1-2-3 etc. and it shows them in that order.
    Even though I renamed them in the other folder it still shows them in the order before because it remembered them in that order so... recap... Name them the order you want then put them in a new folder, then a last you can set up the slides. Hope it works
    out.

4. Ryan_2013 Win User

I chose a folder for my slide show. It worked. Years later, I changed the name of that...

Change User Name Folders

"The change the name on the Account folder is more difficult because it is more heavily protected. See this tutorial:https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/89060-chang..."

On this link, the details show renaming another account. I'm wanting to change the Admin account. It's a good thing I had another user setup on my computer, also as an Admin, because after changing the SID in step 8. And, unable to change the name in step
    11. As "Rename" wasn't in the list. I restarted the computer, since the Admin user account name was changed I was unable to load windows. I had to log into my other account, which was setup as Admin and change the SID back to the 5 letters the user name was
    titled.

My computer, Admin account, works again.

I wasn't wanting to just change another account user name, which this is possible to do. I wanted to change the main user, myself.

Thema:

I chose a folder for my slide show. It worked. Years later, I changed the name of that...

1. I chose a folder for my slide show. It worked. Years later, I changed the name of that... - Similar Threads - chose folder slide

2. I chose a folder for my slide show. It worked. Years later, I changed the name of that...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I chose a folder for my slide show. It worked. Years later, I changed the name of that...: A folder on my auxiliary hard drive contains about 10,000 photos. Years ago, I selected a folder called "Botanical Gardens Boothbay & others" for my slide show obviously, there are no quotes in its name.Recently, I decided to change that folder's name to "Botanical Gardens...
  3. I chose a folder for my slide show. It worked. Years later, I changed the name of that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I chose a folder for my slide show. It worked. Years later, I changed the name of that...: A folder on my auxiliary hard drive contains about 10,000 photos. Years ago, I selected a folder called "Botanical Gardens Boothbay & others" for my slide show obviously, there are no quotes in its name.Recently, I decided to change that folder's name to "Botanical Gardens...
  4. How do I change a folder name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change a folder name?: How do I change the name of a folder? * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-a-folder-name/9bdfbd8a-97a6-4ec9-82b3-9e94158a06f6
  5. How do I change a folder name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change a folder name?: How do I change the name of a folder? * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-a-folder-name/9bdfbd8a-97a6-4ec9-82b3-9e94158a06f6
  6. Can I change name of user folder,

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I change name of user folder,: When I installed windows I didn't want to create a microsoft account so instead I made one with my phone number, my User flmder is now just a bunch of numbers, I changed my username, that didn't change the folders name tho, can it be changed? submitted by /u/BLiIxy [link]...
  7. I cannot change OneDrive folder name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot change OneDrive folder name: Hi, I already had a folder called "OneDrive-1" under user folder and I was using it for my main OneDrive folder. So, "My Documents" and "Picture" folders are referring to this folder. The alias shows "OneDrive" and not "OneDrive-1", but now I want to change the folder name...
  8. I changed my user folder name

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I changed my user folder name: I thought I hadn't changed any important file names but when I try to open my explorer folder i get "no mapping between account names and security ids" I was trying a method that included typing "RSOP.msc " into the run but then it said "windows cannot find rsop.msc...
  9. How can i change folders name to extension names?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i change folders name to extension names?: So i have a folder with over 300 files which have the wrong names but in each folder there are .mod files which are the correct names, changing them 1 by 1 takes way too long, so is there a way to rename them to the correct name in a bulk? submitted by /u/MK_Madness...
  10. I cant change the name user folder name of my administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I cant change the name user folder name of my administrator account: So, im using the windows administrator account without problems, but it seems like windows has changed the name of its folder to something that i dont want. I want to change it back again, but the button to change its name is missing. I have also tried right clicking on it...