Windows 10: i changed my password on my laptop then pressed a wrong number, i dont know which i pressed...

Discus and support i changed my password on my laptop then pressed a wrong number, i dont know which i pressed... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; lost account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** *** Email address is removed for privacy ***... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dionte Ali, May 28, 2024.

1. i changed my password on my laptop then pressed a wrong number, i dont know which i pressed...

lost account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Dionte Ali, May 28, 2024

2. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, May 28, 2024
  3. Forgotten Password!!

Thanks, Brink!

Was successful in changing the password on the person's local account. But leaving the 2 accounts showing on the login screen will be very confusing for the 82 yr old person owning the laptop..

As suggested, I signed in to the built-in Administrator account, and now both accounts are local account and Administrator?? Did I do something wrong?

Is this way to stop the built-in Administrator account from showing on the login screen:

1. Hold the Windows Key while pressing “R” to bring up the Windows Run dialog box.
    2. Type: net user administrator /active:no
    3. Press “Enter“.

cottonball, May 28, 2024
  4. manofthem Win User

i changed my password on my laptop then pressed a wrong number, i dont know which i pressed...

Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, May 28, 2024
Thema:

i changed my password on my laptop then pressed a wrong number, i dont know which i pressed...

1. i changed my password on my laptop then pressed a wrong number, i dont know which i pressed... - Similar Threads - changed password laptop

2. i changed my password on my laptop then pressed a wrong number, i dont know which i pressed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i changed my password on my laptop then pressed a wrong number, i dont know which i pressed...: lost account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-my-password-on-my-laptop-then-pressed-a/f9cb432f-5584-4520-b508-da0171ee71f2
  3. my laptop locked and i dont know my password and im not using the phone number before i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop locked and i dont know my password and im not using the phone number before i...: I'm un able to reset my password as lost my old phone number and i had forgotten the password , now my laptop locked and im unable to work.. tried to call customer care too many times didnt got solution .. please help me guys* Moved from Community Center...
  4. my laptop locked and i dont know my password and im not using the phone number before i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop locked and i dont know my password and im not using the phone number before i...: I'm un able to reset my password as lost my old phone number and i had forgotten the password , now my laptop locked and im unable to work.. tried to call customer care too many times didnt got solution .. please help me guys* Moved from Community Center...
  5. Everything is wrong in my laptop i dont know how to fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything is wrong in my laptop i dont know how to fix it: so i recently restored my pc and deleted everything i started to download my games and everything was fine until the night i left my laptop on and i think it updated or something and my apps said they were oflline even when i had ethernet and on my phone the wifi worked well...
  6. Everything is wrong in my laptop i dont know how to fix it

Everything is wrong in my laptop i dont know how to fix it: so i recently restored my pc and deleted everything i started to download my games and everything was fine until the night i left my laptop on and i think it updated or something and my apps said they were oflline even when i had ethernet and on my phone the wifi worked well...
  7. Everything is wrong in my laptop i dont know how to fix it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. my laptop thinks im pressing a key after i press it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop thinks im pressing a key after i press it: so when im playing a game my computer runs at 60 fps but theres like a output delay or something happening with the imput on my keyboard every time i press it on a game and i press a key but my computer thinks im still pressing it but im clearly not and ive tried updating my...
  9. my laptop thinks im pressing a key after i press it

my laptop thinks im pressing a key after i press it: so when im playing a game my computer runs at 60 fps but theres like a output delay or something happening with the imput on my keyboard every time i press it on a game and i press a key but my computer thinks im still pressing it but im clearly not and ive tried updating my...
  10. I dont know my windows password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I dont know my windows password.: I bought this computer because of a crash on my main computer. I am trying to fix my other one by downloading and looking up issues. however, thialot of issues with sign in and passwo can you help me resolve this?rd problems....