Windows 10: i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now....

Discus and support i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now.... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I Changed The Boot Settings Number of processors option to max and now i cant start my pc I Have One SSD And One HDD When I Started my pc with ssd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by INNOMIO, Apr 30, 2023.

1. INNOMIO Win User

i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now....

Hi I Changed The Boot Settings Number of processors option to max and now i cant start my pc I Have One SSD And One HDD When I Started my pc with ssd this is happening and when i started with hdd it works but the hdd is sloww now im asking help from the hdd I dont know what to do Please Someone Help Me

:)

INNOMIO, Apr 30, 2023
  2. AlanCam Win User

Msconfig/Boot/options?

What is the meaning of the options displayed on the MSCONFIG/Boot page.

Specifically the on which says "make all boot settings permanent"

I am using Win 10 public release 10563.447.

My PC has taken to intermittently when powered on stopping and switching off.

I thought I could determine what stage it was at in the Boot process by recording the boot log and comparing it between a start which worked normally and one in which the problem was shown.

So far not helped by the ntbtlog.txt file being overwritten with an abbreviated list of BOOTLOG_LOADED lines.

AlanCam, Apr 30, 2023
  3. Msconfig not keeping changes

Hello William,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the application/program that you're having issues with?
    • Are you using any third-party antivirus program?

Meanwhile, I'd recommend performing the steps below to troubleshoot the said issue:

1. Start your PC in safe mode. Press Windows logo key + I on your keyboard to open
    Settings. If that doesn't work, select the Start
    button in the lower-left corner of your screen, then select
    Settings

2. Select Update & security > Recovery

3. Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.

4. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
    Troubleshoot > Advanced options >
    Startup Settings > Restart.

5. After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4
    or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. Or if you'll need to use the Internet, select
    5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.

6. During safe mode, press Windows key + R, then type
    msconfig and press Enter.

7. In the System Configuration window, go to
    General
    tab.

8. Uncheck the box for Load startup items. Click
    Apply
    and click OK to save changes.

If the issue persists, I'd suggest creating a new administrator account. Refer to the steps in this
    article.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Apr 30, 2023
  4. i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now....

msconfig and setting

Hi Nazar,

Since there's no violations found when you run the System File Checker, I suggest that you start your computer in safe mode and see if the issue persists. This will help us determine if a software conflict or your computer's default settings and basic drivers
    are causing the problem.

To start your computer in safe mode, follow these steps:

From Settings:

• Click the Windows start icon, then click Settings.
    • Select Update & security > Recovery .
    • Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode, or 5 or F5 to
      start PC in Safe Mode with Networking.

From the sign-in screen:

• Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power Power icon > Restart.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode, or 5 or F5 to
      start PC in Safe Mode with Networking.

Please update this thread with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 30, 2023
Thema:

i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now....

1. i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now.... - Similar Threads - changed boot setting

2. I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.: I have tried a lot and im very confused, I also can not reset my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-the-msconfig-and-now-my-pc-wont-start/e8f87e74-8955-47ac-889d-992ff4f79213
  3. I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.: I have tried a lot and im very confused, I also can not reset my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-the-msconfig-and-now-my-pc-wont-start/e8f87e74-8955-47ac-889d-992ff4f79213
  4. I changed the msconfig and now my pc wont start.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I changed number of cores in Msconfig and now my pc won't boot

I changed number of cores in Msconfig and now my pc won't boot: Can any one help me with this issue ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-changed-number-of-cores-in-msconfig-and-now-my/00b01e73-6303-4737-9392-7086d1bda548
  6. i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now....: Hi I Changed The Boot Settings Number of processors option to max and now i cant start my pc I Have One SSD And One HDD When I Started my pc with ssd this is happening and when i started with hdd it works but the hdd is sloww now im asking help from the hdd I dont know what...
  7. i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now....

i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now....: Hi I Changed The Boot Settings Number of processors option to max and now i cant start my pc I Have One SSD And One HDD When I Started my pc with ssd this is happening and when i started with hdd it works but the hdd is sloww now im asking help from the hdd I dont know what...
  8. I changed number of cores in Msconfig and now my pc won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed number of cores in Msconfig and now my pc won't boot: Hi Team, I changed the number of cores on my cpu in my Msconfig after a stupid suggestion and now my pc will not start. It says automatic repair can't repair your pc and the only option I have is to go to advanced options. Can someone please help me with this, I presume it...
  9. I changed number of cores in Msconfig and now my pc won't boot

I changed number of cores in Msconfig and now my pc won't boot: Hi Team, I changed the number of cores on my cpu in my Msconfig after a stupid suggestion and now my pc will not start. It says automatic repair can't repair your pc and the only option I have is to go to advanced options. Can someone please help me with this, I presume it...
  10. I changed number of cores in Msconfig and now my pc won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging