Windows 10: i can't Upgrade My Windows From Win 7 To Win 10 Pro

Discus and support i can't Upgrade My Windows From Win 7 To Win 10 Pro in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi, I bought an Asus Pro5dij laptop with Windows 7 with the American Megatrends 2.59 1985 - 2005 bios, I downloaded Windows 10 on the USB stick but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MELSH_560, Jun 26, 2024 at 5:02 PM.

1. MELSH_560 Win User

i can't Upgrade My Windows From Win 7 To Win 10 Pro

hi, I bought an Asus Pro5dij laptop with Windows 7 with the American Megatrends 2.59 1985 - 2005 bios, I downloaded Windows 10 on the USB stick but every time I boot from the stick it never starts from the USB but always enters Windows on the disk "Win 7 32bit". but I also tried to update Windows by downloading your tool from "https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10" it told me that I have to enter the administrator password, I asked the seller but he told me I know I forgot the password, now I can't download the applications or delete the data or upgrade Windows to Windows

:)

2. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop (dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro) to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file
    is there another method to accomplish this ??

Thanks for suggestions.

DonaldJaneway, Jun 26, 2024 at 7:36 PM
  3. DOWNGRADE TO WIN 7 ULTIMATE and UPGRADE TO WIN 10 PRO

I refer to the following Microsoft Community Team’s query:

“……Remember that question you asked on
    Microsoft Community
    a few days ago?

Title:
    DOWNGRADE TO WIN 7 ULTIMATE and UPGRADE TO WIN 10 PRO

We noticed that the question hasn't been marked as Answered yet and we were wondering if you resolved the issue.

The issue “DOWNGRADE TO WIN 7 ULTIMATE and UPGRADE TO WIN 10 PRO” is unanswered. The suggestion to refer to the link

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications
    does not answer my query as well. I knew the prerequisites of upgrading to Win 10 from either Win 7 Ultimate or Win 8.1 Home as I have read the min. requirements/machine
    specifications to upgrade directly either from the aforesaid OSes beforehand. The issue is whether from Win 8.1 Home downgrade to Win 7 Ultimate and from thereafter upgrade to Win 10 Pro possible without technicality issues. Nevertheless, since I cannot wait
    for either a reply to the abovementioned issue (or my reservation to upgrade from Win 8.1 Home), I then gathered/downloaded bits and pieces of probable drivers for my machine, formatted my HDD (1TB) for more than 18 hours, clean install Win 7 Ultimate SP1,
    activated using my previously purchased license and ran Windows afterwards, ran updates until repetitive error (around 25 KB updates failed to install many times) popped up during tiresome cyclic updates process. Fed-up with the errors after failed tries to
    source answers from Microsoft Community, I tried my luck by upgrading to Win 10 Pro. After couple of days, viola, I have upgraded to Win 10 Pro finally, whew! Now I am running this machine with Win 10 Pro for a couple of days now, being up to date and running
    very well. Hopefully no problem/s will arise.

Thank to those suggestions though.

TheGragasins, Jun 26, 2024 at 7:36 PM
  4. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

Thema:

1. i can't Upgrade My Windows From Win 7 To Win 10 Pro - Similar Threads - can't Upgrade Pro

2. i can't Upgrade My Windows From Win 7 To Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't Upgrade My Windows From Win 7 To Win 10 Pro: hi, I bought an Asus Pro5dij laptop with Windows 7 with the American Megatrends 2.59 1985 - 2005 bios, I downloaded Windows 10 on the USB stick but every time I boot from the stick it never starts from the USB but always enters Windows on the disk "Win 7 32bit". but I also...
  3. Can't remember how I upgraded successfully from Win 7 PRO to Win 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't remember how I upgraded successfully from Win 7 PRO to Win 10 PRO: About 2 years ago, I inherited a laptop that had Win 10 PRO on it, but I already had another laptop running Win 7 PRO and I wanted to keep all my programs, personal files etc. the same moving to Win 10 PRO, so I recall that I cloned the Win 7 PRO Windows partition and put it...
  4. Can't remember how I upgraded successfully from Win 7 PRO to Win 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remember how I upgraded successfully from Win 7 PRO to Win 10 PRO: About 2 years ago, I inherited a laptop that had Win 10 PRO on it, but I already had another laptop running Win 7 PRO and I wanted to keep all my programs, personal files etc. the same moving to Win 10 PRO, so I recall that I cloned the Win 7 PRO Windows partition and put it...
  5. Can't remember how I upgraded successfully from Win 7 PRO to Win 10 PRO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hello.Few days ago i make upgrade to Windows 10 on my computer with Windows 7 PRO licence. I know that the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 is not free any more. If i check Activation status it is Activeted with digital licence. Is this legal?...
  7. I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro.: I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. Now EaseUS PartitionMaster Pro V7.01 brings up an alarm User Account Control and the app will not run....
  8. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file is there another...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Win 7

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Win 7: I custom build my own machine. Current machine is a Window 7 Pro with an OEM version. Plan to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro shortly. ------------ Questions ------------ 1) My understanding is I can install the Full Retail version and this will keep me from having to...
  10. Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from a Microsoft certified seller. The problem I'm having is the upgrade keeps hanging up around 80% install. I'm running an MSI motherboard MSI Z975SSLI Krait Edition (MS 7922) 64 bit Intel core i5-4690 3.5 Ghz 38 GB memory. Can...