Windows 10: I can’t see my bitlocker key as I’m waiting on my sercurity to be updated , I can’t wait...

Discus and support I can’t see my bitlocker key as I’m waiting on my sercurity to be updated , I can’t wait... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have woke up to my hp elitebook saying it has a bit locker and I need to retrieve my code … so I log on it tells me to update my phone number so I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Patrick Meech, Sep 29, 2024 at 2:02 PM.

1. I can’t see my bitlocker key as I’m waiting on my sercurity to be updated , I can’t wait...

I have woke up to my hp elitebook saying it has a bit locker and I need to retrieve my code … so I log on it tells me to update my phone number so I do now it says I can’t view my key as I’m waiting for a security update… some one please help

:)

Patrick Meech, Sep 29, 2024 at 2:02 PM

2. I can´t recover my Bitlocker

My computer Dell did an update and at the restart, I couldn't log-in anymore. I tried many times but nothing worked and now, the computer asks for the Bitlocker key, which I don´t have and checking my windows account, my computer is not even shown. I don´t know what to do anymore, the information in that computer is really important. I have the ID and the unit name. Please, if someone know, I´m a student living abroad, someone please help me, I cannot whipe that drive.

Luisa Gatica1, Sep 29, 2024 at 2:17 PM
  3. David_087 Win User
    BitLocker is waiting for activation

A co-worker recently got locked out of her laptop after a Windows 10 update caused the system to go into a reboot loop because of a blue screen. There is no way to go into safe mode due to Windows 10 elimination of the F8 key. It does not go into recovery
    mode. I tried disabling Secure Boot mode in the BIOS but that brings up a BitLocker key required screen. As far as I know BitLocker was not enabled intentionally on this machine, but I am reading from another post that:

"Bitlocker is not enabled but the process has been initialized as this happens during OOBE - Out of the Box Experience (one of the requirements of a Connected Standby Machine is Bitlocker)."

Redirecting

I assume that BitLocker might have been in the "waiting for activation" state since we have another equal laptop in that state bought around the same time. So the question is does this "waiting for activation" state prevent access to the drive?

The more important question is, is there a way to get out of the blue screen of death loop?

-Dave

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

4. I can’t see my bitlocker key as I’m waiting on my sercurity to be updated , I can’t wait...

Is a volume with BitLocker "Waiting for Activation" encrypted or not?

The 'Waiting for Activation' you see in the BitLocker Drive Encryption CP means that the drive is ENCRYPTED, but it is waiting to release a recovery key of some sorts.

In the BitLocker Control Panel, there should be an option to 'Turn on BitLocker.' A window should appear which will guide you through generating a recovery key. If there isn't an option, or it throws an error, you could try this:

Attempt to remove the partition's BitLocker Encryption, and then re-encrypt it. That may fix the problem.

You can find more information on this MS Forum.

Ultrasonic54321, Sep 29, 2024 at 2:17 PM
Thema:

I can’t see my bitlocker key as I’m waiting on my sercurity to be updated , I can’t wait...

1. I can’t see my bitlocker key as I’m waiting on my sercurity to be updated , I can’t wait... - Similar Threads - can’t bitlocker key

2. I can’t see my bitlocker key as I’m waiting on my sercurity to be updated , I can’t wait...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t see my bitlocker key as I’m waiting on my sercurity to be updated , I can’t wait...: I have woke up to my hp elitebook saying it has a bit locker and I need to retrieve my code … so I log on it tells me to update my phone number so I do now it says I can’t view my key as I’m waiting for a security update… some one please help...
  3. How I can find my BitLocker recovery key if the recovery key with my school I can’t see it...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How I can find my BitLocker recovery key if the recovery key with my school I can’t see it...: ***@gmail.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key-if-the/ced81d6d-b3c1-4f10-85ff-c253820e6471
  4. I can’t see/find my bitlocker recovery key from “aka/ms.myrecoverykey”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t see/find my bitlocker recovery key from “aka/ms.myrecoverykey”: I could see my bitlocker recoverykey but now I can not. It says there is some kind of error in the website but I get this error almost every time when I try to get my recovery key to open my pc. I don’t understand how or why i get my bitlocker activated for some reason. If I...
  5. I can’t see/find my bitlocker recovery key from “aka/ms.myrecoverykey”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t see/find my bitlocker recovery key from “aka/ms.myrecoverykey”: I could see my bitlocker recoverykey but now I can not. It says there is some kind of error in the website but I get this error almost every time when I try to get my recovery key to open my pc. I don’t understand how or why i get my bitlocker activated for some reason. If I...
  6. I can’t reboot my PC and i’m desesperate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can’t reboot my PC and i’m desesperate: Hello.First of all sorry for my english It isn’t my main language.So here is the big issue that i have and that can’t find any issue. It has been 5 days that i can’t work because It seems that there’s no solution for my problem. - I have decided a few days ago to reboot...
  7. I can’t see my apps!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t see my apps!: My old windows 11 pro broke down, so I decided to reinstall it. After that when I was configuring my new os, I mentioned that all of my apps that I copied from windows.old folder to a new one weren’t showed up there! It’s about 200 gb of stuff i don’t want to install again!!...
  8. I can’t see my apps!

I can’t see my apps!: My old windows 11 pro broke down, so I decided to reinstall it. After that when I was configuring my new os, I mentioned that all of my apps that I copied from windows.old folder to a new one weren’t showed up there! It’s about 200 gb of stuff i don’t want to install again!!...
  9. I can’t find my bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t find my bitlocker recovery key: I can’t find my bitlocker recovery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key/919cfbf7-de1a-4752-bb30-0e5cff0e2433
  10. I can’t find my bitlocker recovery key

I can’t find my bitlocker recovery key: I can’t find my bitlocker recovery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key/919cfbf7-de1a-4752-bb30-0e5cff0e2433