Windows 10: I can't reset my pin

Discus and support I can't reset my pin in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm having the absolute worst time with this completely unnecessary security system that you have in place. I am trying to access my game pass and even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dimitris Boutourelis, Oct 24, 2023.

1. I can't reset my pin

I'm having the absolute worst time with this completely unnecessary security system that you have in place. I am trying to access my game pass and even though I login just fine with my email and password it's also mandatory that I add a pin number which I have no idea a why is needed, as I've already used my password b what it is or when I even set it up. When I select "forgot my password" a window pops up and then it disappears after a few seconds without anything happening. I restarted my laptop, I even tried to create a new account as it was suggested on another thread, but guess what is

:)

Dimitris Boutourelis, Oct 24, 2023

2. Forgotten PIN and expired password

Hi Dyari,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried steps of both links:

• #1: reset PIN code
      • I see no link "reset your PIN"on login page --> I can't reset it
    • #2: change or reset windows password
      • My Windows account is not displayed at all on login page.
      • I am using a local account
    If you have any other suggestion, I would be more than happy to try.

Regards,

Guillaume

Guillaume ., Oct 24, 2023
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Oct 24, 2023
  4. JayPhi Win User

I can't reset my pin

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Oct 24, 2023
Thema:

I can't reset my pin

1. I can't reset my pin - Similar Threads - can't reset pin

2. I can't reset my pin!?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't reset my pin!?: When I try to login I get a msg "your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again." Under that it says "set up my PIN". When I click on that it takes me to a screen that says I have to be connected to the...
  3. I can't reset my pin!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't reset my pin!?: When I try to login I get a msg "your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again." Under that it says "set up my PIN". When I click on that it takes me to a screen that says I have to be connected to the...
  4. I can't reset my pin!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't reset my pin

I can't reset my pin: I'm having the absolute worst time with this completely unnecessary security system that you have in place. I am trying to access my game pass and even though I login just fine with my email and password it's also mandatory that I add a pin number which I have no idea a why...
  6. I forgot my PIN and can't reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my PIN and can't reset it: It says something went wrongwe weren't able to set up your pin. you can try again or skip this step and set up a pin later. This happened in the sign in screen...
  7. I forgot my PIN and can't reset it

I forgot my PIN and can't reset it: It says something went wrongwe weren't able to set up your pin. you can try again or skip this step and set up a pin later. This happened in the sign in screen...
  8. I can't reset my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't reset my PIN: I was trying to log into one of my microsoft accounts and it asked for my PIN, I hadn't used this account in a long time and I had no clue what it was. I clicked "I forgot my PIN" and it tells me how to reset it, it says to go into settings > accounts > Sign-in options. I...
  9. I can't reset my PIN

I can't reset my PIN: I was trying to log into one of my microsoft accounts and it asked for my PIN, I hadn't used this account in a long time and I had no clue what it was. I clicked "I forgot my PIN" and it tells me how to reset it, it says to go into settings > accounts > Sign-in options. I...
  10. Can't reset my PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't reset my PIN: Hey So I turned on my laptop, and it asked me to type my pin to log in. But I've almost never used my pin before, (I always logged in with my password), so I clicked on 'I forgot my PIN'. After I did the steps, this is what it said. [ATTACH]...