Windows 10: I cant remove my child from my family security account

Discus and support I cant remove my child from my family security account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My goal is to allow my child to use MS Flight Simulator. I bought it for him on Steam and when he tried to run it it showed an error:Something went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jonny S_302, Jun 12, 2023.

1. I cant remove my child from my family security account

My goal is to allow my child to use MS Flight Simulator. I bought it for him on Steam and when he tried to run it it showed an error:Something went wrong: Your parent has blocked access to games and apps that aren't published by Microsoft.I tried following articles to allow him to access the games, but there is a very strange loop I am stuck in. On his Windows 11 account it shows his screen time and which apps he has used, etc. but when i log into my parental account it says he doesnt have a computer associated with his account and to go to Settings > Accounts > Family to add him, but I

:)

Jonny S_302, Jun 12, 2023
  2. Amaira M Win User

Unable to remove child account from Family

Thanks Elise. Your suggestion worked. I contacted live chat option via "Get Help" app.

Just for others who read this in future I had performed the following steps to solve the issue.

1. Log into Microsoft Family Safety
    2. Select 3 dots on the top right of child's card & select "Remove consent for this child's account"
    3. It then warns, "You are about to remove parental consent for this child. They will no longer have permissions to access certain Microsoft sites and services."
    4. Click on "Remove consent" button
    5. Go back to Microsoft Family Safety home page. Wait for few seconds for settings to reflect. The child account will disappear from family home page.

Amaira M, Jun 12, 2023
  3. Unable to remove child account from Family

I am also having the same issue I am not able to remove the childs account I followed the steps and after doing so I received this message in error (
    Select Manage my child’s profile info, find your child, then select
    Remove consent for this child’s account. Then, try removing this member again).
    I'm completely lost I cant find where im given the option to do so (remove consent)

daddyzgirl, Jun 12, 2023
Thema:

I cant remove my child from my family security account

1. I cant remove my child from my family security account - Similar Threads - cant remove child

2. i cant remove child from family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant remove child from family: Help i can't remove child in Microsoft family I am also the only organizer in the group https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remove-child-from-family/f2efb99a-1515-4bdb-8ca6-f4f378d20dec
  3. i cant remove child from family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant remove child from family: Help i can't remove child in Microsoft family I am also the only organizer in the group https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remove-child-from-family/f2efb99a-1515-4bdb-8ca6-f4f378d20dec
  4. Unable to Remove Child Account from My Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Remove Child Account from My Family: I have two separate accounts. I have 1 child linked to a family under the first account and 2 children linked to the family under the second account. I'm attempting to remove the child from the first family account and then add them to the second family account so all 3...
  5. Unable to Remove Child Account from My Family

Unable to Remove Child Account from My Family: I have two separate accounts. I have 1 child linked to a family under the first account and 2 children linked to the family under the second account. I'm attempting to remove the child from the first family account and then add them to the second family account so all 3...
  6. I cant remove my child from my family security account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant remove my child from my family security account: My goal is to allow my child to use MS Flight Simulator. I bought it for him on Steam and when he tried to run it it showed an error:Something went wrong: Your parent has blocked access to games and apps that aren't published by Microsoft.I tried following articles to allow...
  7. How Can i remove my child account from a Family?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can i remove my child account from a Family?: I am trying to remove my child account from a family. I have had the organiser remove consent and my account from the family and it worked on their end, however on my end it still shows my account to be linked with the family and i am still unable to download links from the...
  8. How Can i remove my child account from a Family?

How Can i remove my child account from a Family?: I am trying to remove my child account from a family. I have had the organiser remove consent and my account from the family and it worked on their end, however on my end it still shows my account to be linked with the family and i am still unable to download links from the...
  9. Removing child from family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...
  10. Removing child from family account

Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...