Windows 10: i cant remove child from family

Discus and support i cant remove child from family in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Help i can't remove child in Microsoft family I am also the only organizer in the group... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mia Caritativo, Oct 22, 2024 at 6:52 AM.

1. i cant remove child from family

Help i can't remove child in Microsoft family I am also the only organizer in the group

:)

Mia Caritativo, Oct 22, 2024 at 6:52 AM
  2. Amaira M Win User

Unable to remove child account from Family

Thanks Elise. Your suggestion worked. I contacted live chat option via "Get Help" app.

Just for others who read this in future I had performed the following steps to solve the issue.

1. Log into Microsoft Family Safety
    2. Select 3 dots on the top right of child's card & select "Remove consent for this child's account"
    3. It then warns, "You are about to remove parental consent for this child. They will no longer have permissions to access certain Microsoft sites and services."
    4. Click on "Remove consent" button
    5. Go back to Microsoft Family Safety home page. Wait for few seconds for settings to reflect. The child account will disappear from family home page.

3. Amaira M Win User
    Unable to remove child account from Family

I am the family organizer & there is just one member in the family besides me i.e. my child. I am unable to remove my child's (age: 11) account from family. It gives below error (after step 3).

You can't remove Ami from the family. Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for Ami can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted Ami consent to remove Ami from the family group.

Steps followed:

1. Log into Microsoft Family Safety
    2. Select 3 dots on the top right of child's card & select "Remove from family group"
    3. A dialog appears for final confirmation. Select Remove.
    If I am the family organizer why can't I remove it?

Why does it say "Only the adult that granted consent for Ami can remove this family member"? Who else other than me granted consent? How can I find it out?

How can I remove my child's account from family?

My child cannot remove herself from the family group as well. She logged into Microsoft Family Safety but doesn't see the option to exit the group. Actually, I want her to join a different family group but it's not allowed since she is already a member of a current family group. Until she leaves her current family group she can't join a new one.

Thema:

i cant remove child from family

1. i cant remove child from family - Similar Threads - cant remove child

2. i cant remove child from family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant remove child from family: Help i can't remove child in Microsoft family I am also the only organizer in the group https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-remove-child-from-family/f2efb99a-1515-4bdb-8ca6-f4f378d20dec
  3. I cant remove my child from my family security account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant remove my child from my family security account: My goal is to allow my child to use MS Flight Simulator. I bought it for him on Steam and when he tried to run it it showed an error:Something went wrong: Your parent has blocked access to games and apps that aren't published by Microsoft.I tried following articles to allow...
  4. I cant remove my child from my family security account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant remove my child from my family security account: My goal is to allow my child to use MS Flight Simulator. I bought it for him on Steam and when he tried to run it it showed an error:Something went wrong: Your parent has blocked access to games and apps that aren't published by Microsoft.I tried following articles to allow...
  5. child removed from family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  6. child removed from family group

child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  7. how to remove a child from a family!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to remove a child from a family!: Hello, I have A problem with Family safety.I want to remove a child from the family to reorganise it the objective, is to have both children in the same family and I manage two with different accounts.Thus, I tried everything but don't find the remove as for adult, nor in my...
  8. how to remove a child from a family!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove a child from a family!: Hello, I have A problem with Family safety.I want to remove a child from the family to reorganise it the objective, is to have both children in the same family and I manage two with different accounts.Thus, I tried everything but don't find the remove as for adult, nor in my...
  9. Removing child from family account

Removing child from family account: I cannot seem to remove my child's account from my family account even though I have followed the steps. The message that I get is that the organizer needs to remove the child but I am the organizer. How do I proceed?...
  10. Removing a Child from Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing a Child from Microsoft Family: Hello Microsoft Community, My parents wanted to change my account from child to adult status and it seems that there is no way to do this without removing the child from the family and re-adding them as an adult. My account, the one that they are trying to change, is used...