Windows 10: i cant remove a chunk of space in temporary files after a failed windows media creation...

Discus and support i cant remove a chunk of space in temporary files after a failed windows media creation... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; it was downloading but i accidentally turned off my laptop now there is 11gb i cant remove when i go to update settings it directs me to update and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by calpol378, Aug 30, 2024.

1. calpol378 Win User

i cant remove a chunk of space in temporary files after a failed windows media creation...

it was downloading but i accidentally turned off my laptop now there is 11gb i cant remove when i go to update settings it directs me to update and sercurity settings but nothing happens just redirects me

:)

calpol378, Aug 30, 2024

2. Windows Media Creation Tool - More Space?

Hello,

I am attempting to use the Windows Media Creation Tool to build an ISO image. I am using an HP 850G6 laptop with over 275GB free space and I have also provided a freshly formatted 128GB USB thumb drive for optional ISO storage. During verification, the tool states "We need more space." Remove files you no longer need or use disk cleanup to free up space then try again. Since there is 275GB of free space I am not sure why this is failing. I also selected the USB drive and received the same message. The creation tool WILL succeed when creating bootable installation media but always returns the free space message when attempting to create an ISO. Unfortunately I need an ISO to build an image for deployment as the software I'm using requires one. Any suggestions as to what is causing the free space message and how to correct it?

Dan F. DeNunzio, Aug 30, 2024
  3. Guy NN Win User
    Issue with temporary files

Hi Junaid,

I unhide the files as per the article "Show hidden files" but it does not help to see what takes up to 29GB in my temporary files (settings/system/storage/temporary files).

The other two methods you mentioned have already been tried without success.

Regards,

Guy

Guy NN, Aug 30, 2024
  4. i cant remove a chunk of space in temporary files after a failed windows media creation...

creation of windows 10 media

Hi Jithesh,

You might face this issue if the downloaded setup file is corrupted.

• Did you try to download the setup again?
    • Did you try to upgrade through Windows Update?

First, I would suggest you to try updating through Windows Update and check if you are able to upgrade to Windows 10. If you are unable to upgrade through Windows Update, then I would suggest you to download the Windows 10 ISO again and save it locally
    on the desktop and then try to run the upgrade.

Media creation tool

Windows 10 herunterladen

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Aug 30, 2024
Thema:

i cant remove a chunk of space in temporary files after a failed windows media creation...

1. i cant remove a chunk of space in temporary files after a failed windows media creation... - Similar Threads - cant remove chunk

2. i cant remove a chunk of space in temporary files after a failed windows media creation...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i cant remove a chunk of space in temporary files after a failed windows media creation...: it was downloading but i accidentally turned off my laptop now there is 11gb i cant remove when i go to update settings it directs me to update and sercurity settings but nothing happens just redirects me...
  3. i cant remove a chunk of space in temporary files after a failed windows media creation...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant remove a chunk of space in temporary files after a failed windows media creation...: it was downloading but i accidentally turned off my laptop now there is 11gb i cant remove when i go to update settings it directs me to update and sercurity settings but nothing happens just redirects me...
  4. Windows media creation tool failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media creation tool failing: My windows installation got corrupted, my pc can't boot past motherboard manufacture screen and then restarts. I'm trying to get a recovery media onto a USB stick but when I run the media creation tool I get the error code '0x8007007B - 0xA0018' any help would be amazing,...
  5. Windows media creation tool failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media creation tool failing: My windows installation got corrupted, my pc can't boot past motherboard manufacture screen and then restarts. I'm trying to get a recovery media onto a USB stick but when I run the media creation tool I get the error code '0x8007007B - 0xA0018' any help would be amazing,...
  6. Media creation tool failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool failing: I am trying to repair my windows 10 os on another computer but the media creation tool is not working on the current laptop im using it is windows 7 home i already updated it and as well i already used the easy fix it and nothing is working im not sure what to do....
  7. no space on C: for media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no space on C: for media creation tool: need to reformat other machine completely locked out pin/pass. Bought legit win10 from MS. Download and run Media Creation Tool. Not enough space on C: 8gb and not able to free up anymore space. Plenty of space on other Drives and USB. Is there a workaround to this like...
  8. Media Creation Tool Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Failed: Lenovo intel optane 256 GB 238 GB SSDLenovo Thinkstation P330Can't install windowsI am thinking its a bad system board, already swapped out the ssd and ram.Windows media creation tool cant even get to the first menu, before it blue screensError codes this things spits...
  9. Media Creation Tool Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media Creation Tool Failed: Lenovo intel optane 256 GB 238 GB SSDLenovo Thinkstation P330Can't install windowsI am thinking its a bad system board, already swapped out the ssd and ram.Windows media creation tool cant even get to the first menu, before it blue screensError codes this things spits...
  10. Space missing after installing windows media creation tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Space missing after installing windows media creation tool: Hello, I just built a new computer and used the windows media creation tool to install windows 10 home. I used a 2tb usb drive I had to put windows on my pc. I put in the product key I purchased and everything worked fine. After installing it though, I noticed that the 2tb...