Windows 10: I can't open any PDF, Word or Excel files from Dropbox

Discus and support I can't open any PDF, Word or Excel files from Dropbox in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All my files on Dropbox have a brown file image in front of the PDF/Excel/Word symbol and I receive the above message when attempting to open any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KarenMuspratt, May 15, 2024.

1. I can't open any PDF, Word or Excel files from Dropbox

All my files on Dropbox have a brown file image in front of the PDF/Excel/Word symbol and I receive the above message when attempting to open any files.

:)

KarenMuspratt, May 15, 2024

2. Excel Files Not Opening In DropBox

Hi, I’m Nicole, I’ll be happy to help you out today.

This was all the known troubleshooting steps to fix the issue in dropbox

to fix the issue of Excel files not opening in Dropbox, you can try the following steps:

Activate the Dropbox App: Make sure that the Dropbox App is activated on your computer and that it's running in the background.

Enable Dropbox in Startup Manager: Check if Dropbox is enabled in the Startup Manager and, if not, enable it.

Set Dropbox to offline-only mode: You can set Dropbox to offline-only mode to save bandwidth and performance. This can help resolve the issue of Excel files not opening in Dropbox.

Try changing Dropbox to Local mode: If the above steps don't work, you can try changing Dropbox to Local mode. This will store the files locally on your computer, which may solve the problem. However, this may also depend on the available space and bandwidth.

If none of these steps work, you may also want to try reinstalling the Dropbox app, or you can contact Dropbox support for further assistance.

Regards.

Nicole Aljecera, May 15, 2024
  3. sumanmdl Win User
    How to attach word, excel or pdf file.

Kindly tell me how to attach any pdf, word or excel file with any mail because when I am opening attachment of any mail it is opening album and asking for attaching picture but there is no option for word, excel or pdf file.

sumanmdl, May 15, 2024
  4. Bluewind Win User

I can't open any PDF, Word or Excel files from Dropbox

Reading pdf files in Word

How can I use Word 2013 and Word 365 to open a .pdf file? If I right click on the .pdf file and choose Open With, no Word exist in the list.

Thank you.

Bluewind, May 15, 2024
Thema:

I can't open any PDF, Word or Excel files from Dropbox

1. I can't open any PDF, Word or Excel files from Dropbox - Similar Threads - can't open PDF

2. I can't open any PDF, Word or Excel files from Dropbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open any PDF, Word or Excel files from Dropbox: All my files on Dropbox have a brown file image in front of the PDF/Excel/Word symbol and I receive the above message when attempting to open any files....
  3. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  4. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  5. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  6. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Excel Files Not Opening In DropBox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel Files Not Opening In DropBox: I know that other answers are out there, but what worked for me was to activate the Dropbox App and make sure that it's enabled in the Startup Manager. As soon as I manually activated the Dropbox App on my computer all of the files in Dropbox that wouldn't open now open...
  8. Excel Files Not Opening In DropBox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel Files Not Opening In DropBox: I know that other answers are out there, but what worked for me was to activate the Dropbox App and make sure that it's enabled in the Startup Manager. As soon as I manually activated the Dropbox App on my computer all of the files in Dropbox that wouldn't open now open...
  9. cannot open word or excel files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cannot open word or excel files: I cannot open excel or word files. I get an error message everytime I try and open those files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cannot-open-word-or-excel-files/964b7030-4219-4f20-9683-554ed344e103
  10. Unable to Open Word, Excel or PDF files from email attachments

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Open Word, Excel or PDF files from email attachments: I am using Chrome as my browser. No attachments will open from email! So even when I save these files and even rename the files, no attachments are opening. I keep getting messages that the files are corrupt or that the file name and association don't match (which is not...