Windows 10: I can't open any Microsoft related app

Discus and support I can't open any Microsoft related app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I suddenly started getting this "The specified user does not have a valid profile" error on multiple Microsoft related apps such as: Xbox, Minecraft,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yusuf GökalpŞirin, Aug 28, 2024.

1. I can't open any Microsoft related app

I suddenly started getting this "The specified user does not have a valid profile" error on multiple Microsoft related apps such as: Xbox, Minecraft, Snipping Tool, Smartphone-Link and Photos... I can't even crop the screenshots i posted because of my denied access to Photos. I tried a couple methods I've seen online but nothing worked for me so far. Any suggestions/solutions you might have would be much appreciated.

:)

Yusuf GökalpŞirin, Aug 28, 2024
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. I can't open any Microsoft related app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 28, 2024
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 28, 2024
  4. I can't open any Microsoft related app

windows 10 store app not opening

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the following steps from the below Microsoft help article and check if it help:

Troubleshoot problems with an app

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support

If the issue persist try below steps and check if it helps:

• On the desktop screen, press Windows and R key together to open run box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and hit Enter.
    Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Aug 28, 2024
Thema:

I can't open any Microsoft related app

1. I can't open any Microsoft related app - Similar Threads - can't open Microsoft

2. I can't open any Microsoft related app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open any Microsoft related app: I suddenly started getting this "The specified user does not have a valid profile" error on multiple Microsoft related apps such as: Xbox, Minecraft, Snipping Tool, Smartphone-Link and Photos... I can't even crop the screenshots i posted because of my denied access to Photos....
  3. I can't open any of the Microsoft store/store apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't open any of the Microsoft store/store apps: This issue started recently when I couldn't open the Xbox app nor open the Xbox game bar. I don't exactly know what happened from there but now I can't open anything from the Microsoft store including the store itself. I've tried almost every troubleshooter and "solution"...
  4. Can't open microsoft store, calculator, photos or any microsoft related app

Can't open microsoft store, calculator, photos or any microsoft related app: Hey. I am neck deep in sh*t right now. I can't open any files that are made by microsoft or whatever you wanna call it. Most of the time if I try to open, let's say an MP3 file or a photo file, I get this error message and the app closes faster than I blink, like you open it,...
  5. Can't open any apps from the Microsoft store

Can't open any apps from the Microsoft store: I recently bought minecraft windows 10 edition from the Microsoft Store and when I downloaded it I could play it. After restarting my computer a prompt would come up with "Check the Windows Store for more info about Minecraft." I tried installing a different game and it...
  6. Can't open Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any...

Can't open Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any...: Hi, I am not able to open the Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any Microsoft Edge Add-ons. I used the wsreset.exe in the run box. It resulted in an error: ms-windows-store: PurgeCaches. The app didn't start. I ran the Store...
  7. I can't open Microsoft app

I can't open Microsoft app: i cant open app,when I turn on the app it automatically shuts down.Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-microsoft-app/6d566706-9a68-4352-8c90-b0ef9e192513
  8. I can't open any microsoft related apps. I've tried any method, from resetting the app...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't open any microsoft related apps. I've tried any method, from resetting the app...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fauzan_Syahbana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ef0t2y/i_cant_open_any_microsoft_related_apps_ive_tried/
  9. Microsoft Store and Any Related App. Not Starting

Microsoft Store and Any Related App. Not Starting: Hey folks, I resetted my PC without data lost option and after the process I opened my windows and I cannot start Microsoft Store and any app that requires to start itself. I tried a lot of solutions and cannot work. I tried sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  10. Can't open any microsoft app. Please Help!

Can't open any microsoft app. Please Help!: I can't open any Microsoft app and I've tried all the steps from previous posts and I noticed that the Microsft Store services aren't running. I don't know what to do, please help!...