Windows 10: I cant login to my laptop due setup for new pin

Discus and support I cant login to my laptop due setup for new pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello Dev of Microsoft, i have problem when setting up my new pin due system security changed when i updated my laptop onto windows 11, i uninstall it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ryan christofano, Jul 2, 2022.

1. I cant login to my laptop due setup for new pin

Hello Dev of Microsoft, i have problem when setting up my new pin due system security changed when i updated my laptop onto windows 11, i uninstall it back to windows 10 again and windows still requesting new pin. this problem occurs since last month and this is desperating due my phone cant receive sms from microsoft while when setting new pin it requires verification from my phone. How do i deal with this problem? Thx

:)

Ryan christofano, Jul 2, 2022
  2. Ramon CQ Win User

face recognition and PIN login problem

I have a brand new Microsoft Surface Laptop running Windows 10. After the initial startup and setting of a new PIN and face recognition the it automatically updated. On attempting to login face recognition attempted to engage and login several times until
    that locked as a sign in option. The next logical step is the PIN, but the message on the start screen reads "Your PIN no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can setup your PIN again by going to Settings\ Accounts\
    Sign-in options."

This obviously is not accessible as the PIN appears to have been disabled after the update. How do I login to the laptop without a PIN or facial recognition? There is notan option available to reset PIN or password. And, how do I avoid this conundrum in
    the future.

Thank you, RC

Ramon CQ, Jul 2, 2022
  3. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 2, 2022
  4. I cant login to my laptop due setup for new pin

OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 2, 2022
Thema:

I cant login to my laptop due setup for new pin

1. I cant login to my laptop due setup for new pin - Similar Threads - cant login laptop

2. Unable to login to my laptop. This asks me to setup new pin but this is not happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login to my laptop. This asks me to setup new pin but this is not happening: I am unable to login into my laptop, it says Your pin is no longer available due to change to the security settings on this device, There is an option for set up my pin. I have entered into that option and i have entered my password but this says incorrect password. Right...
  3. Unable to login to my laptop. This asks me to setup new pin but this is not happening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login to my laptop. This asks me to setup new pin but this is not happening: I am unable to login into my laptop, it says Your pin is no longer available due to change to the security settings on this device, There is an option for set up my pin. I have entered into that option and i have entered my password but this says incorrect password. Right...
  4. I cant login to my laptop due setup for new pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant login to my laptop due setup for new pin: Hello Dev of Microsoft, i have problem when setting up my new pin due system security changed when i updated my laptop onto windows 11, i uninstall it back to windows 10 again and windows still requesting new pin. this problem occurs since last month and this is desperating...
  5. I cant login to my laptop due setup for new pin

I cant login to my laptop due setup for new pin: Hello Dev of Microsoft, i have problem when setting up my new pin due system security changed when i updated my laptop onto windows 11, i uninstall it back to windows 10 again and windows still requesting new pin. this problem occurs since last month and this is desperating...
  6. How To Setup A Login PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Setup A Login PIN: I know the question is simple, but I want to make sure that I do not run into the same problem I did with my desktop computer. When I recently had Windows 11 installed on my laptop and want to setup a login PIN, however, as you know you must setup a password before you can do...
  7. I Forgot my Pin and cant login my laptop

I Forgot my Pin and cant login my laptop: Hello there, I have my microsoft email logged in in my laptop and I forgot my PIN i tried to recover the pin but I no longer have access to the alternate email that my current email needs for security. I can no longer access my laptop and have been blocked for attempting to...
  8. I Forgot my Pin and cant login my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I Forgot my Pin and cant login my laptop: Hello there, I have my microsoft email logged in in my laptop and I forgot my PIN i tried to recover the pin but I no longer have access to the alternate email that my current email needs for security. I can no longer access my laptop and have been blocked for attempting to...
  9. I Forgot my Pin and cant login my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. New Laptop Win10 - Stuck at login due PIN setup error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New Laptop Win10 - Stuck at login due PIN setup error: Hello, I just got a refurbished laptop with Windows 10. After the first log in, the system asked me to reboot due some updates, while loging back in, it shows me “Create PIN” window, click Next no other option and then I got “Something went wrong”. The only option from...