Windows 10: I cant hear any computer sound

Discus and support I cant hear any computer sound in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer audio is not working. It suddenly stop working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yash Chandela, Mar 28, 2023.

1. I cant hear any computer sound

My computer audio is not working. It suddenly stop working

:)

Yash Chandela, Mar 28, 2023

2. sound

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to hear the email notification sound.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Go to Control Panel Items

• Click on Sound.

• Click on Sounds Tab.

• Click on Desktop Mail Notification.

• Click TEST.

• Click OK.
    And check if you are able to hear the email notification sound.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 28, 2023
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue I cant hear any computer sound :p

cadaveca, Mar 28, 2023
  4. fireberd Win User

I cant hear any computer sound

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

I cant hear any computer sound

1. I cant hear any computer sound - Similar Threads - cant hear computer

2. I cant hear any computer sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant hear any computer sound: My computer audio is not working. It suddenly stop working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-hear-any-computer-sound/b4e590ab-aed1-4fb5-864e-a998859a373f
  3. I deleted Realtek R Audio and now i have no sound devices and cant hear any sounds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted Realtek R Audio and now i have no sound devices and cant hear any sounds.: Not much details,my volume kept changing on its own i deleted the driver and restarted my Laptop and now i cant hear any sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-realtek-r-audio-and-now-i-have-no-sound/dfb054e6-7e0c-4d33-bde0-51451dd70484
  4. I deleted Realtek R Audio and now i have no sound devices and cant hear any sounds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted Realtek R Audio and now i have no sound devices and cant hear any sounds.: Not much details,my volume kept changing on its own i deleted the driver and restarted my Laptop and now i cant hear any sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-realtek-r-audio-and-now-i-have-no-sound/dfb054e6-7e0c-4d33-bde0-51451dd70484
  5. Cant hear sound on some apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant hear sound on some apps: So basically I can hear sounds on certain apps like google chrome and the video player and like a few other but when I try playing sounds on apps such as discord or medal or Spotify or opera gx I get nothing can someone please help I can’t seem to find a fix for this...
  6. Cant hear sound on some apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant hear sound on some apps: So basically I can hear sounds on certain apps like google chrome and the video player and like a few other but when I try playing sounds on apps such as discord or medal or Spotify or opera gx I get nothing can someone please help I can’t seem to find a fix for this...
  7. Cant hear sound on some apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. cant hear sound on speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant hear sound on speakers: cant hear sound on speakers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-hear-sound-on-speakers/9cb68b1b-2ff8-40a5-9108-fb3a64ade80f
  9. Headphones detecting sound but I cant hear anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones detecting sound but I cant hear anything: Hello, I recently bought a HyperX Cloud Stinger headphone that uses a 3.5mm headphone jack I used to use an MSI DS502 which uses USB and it worked perfectly fine, however, the HyperX Cloud Stinger won't work. The headphone is detected and sound is detected but I cannot hear...
  10. Minecraft Windows 10 - cant hear any sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 - cant hear any sound: when ever I load up Minecraft windows 10 I cant hear any sound, I have reset the sound on the laptop and on Minecraft, I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-windows-10-cant-hear-any-sound/47be5be9-6e19-4a17-b265-adc6d3f3988d