Windows 10: I can't find the "forgotten pin" button. What do I do?

Discus and support I can't find the "forgotten pin" button. What do I do? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As the question says, I can't find my "forgotten pin" button. I was using my PC for personal matters then it asked for a pin, me being the dumbo I am,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kai Davies, Jul 14, 2024.

1. I can't find the "forgotten pin" button. What do I do?

As the question says, I can't find my "forgotten pin" button. I was using my PC for personal matters then it asked for a pin, me being the dumbo I am, I put in a pin and now I've forgotten it. I've tried pins I have used in the past but they don't work. Then I remembered the "forgotten pin" button I try looking for it but it's gone. I've tried restarting my PC and turning it off and on but nothing works. What do I do?

:)

Kai Davies, Jul 14, 2024

2. Forgotten PIN and expired password

Hi Dyari,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried steps of both links:

• #1: reset PIN code
      • I see no link "reset your PIN"on login page --> I can't reset it
    • #2: change or reset windows password
      • My Windows account is not displayed at all on login page.
      • I am using a local account
    If you have any other suggestion, I would be more than happy to try.

Regards,

Guillaume

Guillaume ., Jul 14, 2024
  3. MrsT22110 Win User
    forgotten pin

Hi,

I'm going around in circles here.

I want to download Windows Draw.

I'm asked for my PIN - I have absolutely no memory of ever setting a PIN.

I click on "I have forgotten my PIN"

I'm asked to sign In, but I am already signed in.

My contact phone number has changed so that won't work.

I go to the site suggested;

I'm asked for my PIN - I have absolutely no memory of ever setting a PIN.

I click on "I have forgotten my PIN"

I'm asked for details of my age etc.

An automated response come back saying I haven't provided the right data!

I still want to download Windows Draw.

Argghhhhh

MrsT22110, Jul 14, 2024
  4. I can't find the "forgotten pin" button. What do I do?

Unable to replace a forgotten pin on my Surface

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you’re having trouble resetting your PIN on your Surface. I am here to help and let us work on this together. Here are some steps you can try to reset your PIN:

1. Make sure that your Surface is connected to the internet.
    2. Try restarting your Surface and then attempting to reset your pin again. Press and hold down the power button until your Surface shuts down and restarts and you see the Windows logo screen (about 20 seconds), then release the power button.
    3. If you're still having trouble, try resetting your Microsoft account password. You can do this by going to https://account.live.com/password/reset and following the steps to reset your password.
    4. Once you've reset your password, try resetting your Surface pin again using the 'I forgot my pin' button on the start settings page.

I hope this helps you reset your PIN. Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Lavenia

Lavenia A., Jul 14, 2024
Thema:

I can't find the "forgotten pin" button. What do I do?

1. I can't find the "forgotten pin" button. What do I do? - Similar Threads - can't find forgotten

2. What do I do if I can't reset my pin and I forgot it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do if I can't reset my pin and I forgot it?: please help me, i forgot my Microsoft pin and every time i try to reset it it doesn't let me. i don't know if its bugged or if i did something wrong please help i just want to play minecraft...
  3. What do I do if I can't reset my pin and I forgot it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do I do if I can't reset my pin and I forgot it?: please help me, i forgot my Microsoft pin and every time i try to reset it it doesn't let me. i don't know if its bugged or if i did something wrong please help i just want to play minecraft...
  4. I can't find the "forgotten pin" button. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find the "forgotten pin" button. What do I do?: As the question says, I can't find my "forgotten pin" button. I was using my PC for personal matters then it asked for a pin, me being the dumbo I am, I put in a pin and now I've forgotten it. I've tried pins I have used in the past but they don't work. Then I remembered the...
  5. I can't find the "forgotten pin" button. What do I do?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't find the "forgotten pin" button. What do I do?: As the question says, I can't find my "forgotten pin" button. I was using my PC for personal matters then it asked for a pin, me being the dumbo I am, I put in a pin and now I've forgotten it. I've tried pins I have used in the past but they don't work. Then I remembered the...
  6. What do I do when the I forgot my pin button doesn't work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do when the I forgot my pin button doesn't work?: I forgot my PIN for windows hello now i cant get in to my computer. When I press i forgot my pin it sends me back to the start screen and nothing appears. Im using another computer for this so i cant take a screenshot...
  7. What do I do when the I forgot my pin button doesn't work?

What do I do when the I forgot my pin button doesn't work?: I forgot my PIN for windows hello now i cant get in to my computer. When I press i forgot my pin it sends me back to the start screen and nothing appears. Im using another computer for this so i cant take a screenshot...
  8. My PIN is not available, and I can't log in. What do I do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PIN is not available, and I can't log in. What do I do?: I can't log onto my computer. I get a message that says, "Something happened, and your pin isn't available. Click to set up your pin again." When I click on it, nothing happens. I have tried to start in safe mode, but the same message comes up. trying to start it in any other...
  9. My PIN is not available, and I can't log in. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PIN is not available, and I can't log in. What do I do?: I can't log onto my computer. I get a message that says, "Something happened, and your pin isn't available. Click to set up your pin again." When I click on it, nothing happens. I have tried to start in safe mode, but the same message comes up. trying to start it in any other...
  10. My PIN is not available, and I can't log in. What do I do?